Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Pixel 3a €249 on Vodafone (In Stock!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

Would the P30 Lite be a good match for this?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Specwise they both look similar enough. The Huawei actually has more storage.

Why does one need to pay eir anything? I ordered a free SIM card from them which arrived today purely for the purpose of porting the number

Because the deal might be expired by the time the SIM arrives next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Getting same error when I try to pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,402 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Its on littlewoods for 260

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Basil3 wrote: »
    Because the deal might be expired by the time the SIM arrives next week.

Looks like the deal runs until the 2nd of December, this is part of their black friday promotions

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

TheDriver wrote: »
    Its on littlewoods for 260

100 off it on Vodafone

Looks like the deal runs until the 2nd of December, this is part of their black friday promotions

Crazy if they have that amount of stock to move, yet don't bother supplying any stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Basil3 wrote: »
    Crazy if they have that amount of stock to move, yet don't bother supplying any stores.

It is but store shoppers I would imagine are less bargain savvy and just get caught up in the christmas rush and vodafone are taking advantage of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 horseireland

Hi there
    Would the P30 lite be sim free

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

Has anyone used a 48 sim to order this phone? I remember a previous Vodafone switch offer and it wouldn't allow porting from 48.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭loki7777

Dante7 wrote: »
    Has anyone used a 48 sim to order this phone? I remember a previous Vodafone switch offer and it wouldn't allow porting from 48.

I did that with 48 today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

loki7777 wrote: »
    I did that with 48 today.

Thanks for that. I have a 48 sim lying in a drawer. I'll use that. Save me having to order one from Eir.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭BakeMeACake

Anyone successfully managed to use Vodafone's payment system since. Have tried a few times but always the error message

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭flexcon

Anyone successfully managed to use Vodafone's payment system since. Have tried a few times but always the error message

No luck it’s the whole website though so doesn’t seem to be a specific issue with pixel

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Mitch Buchannon

I’ve been trying to buy for the last hour and keep getting errors. I might try agin tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Same here, I think... you get as far as the "Verified-by-Visa" page, and then when you click "Continue" you get this?
    Sorry there seems to be a problem - you may have entered the wrong credit card type. Please contact your credit card provider if the problem continues. (DF-ATG-03)

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Weltsmertz

peckerhead wrote: »
    Same here, I think... you get as far as the "Verified-by-Visa" page, and then when you click "Continue" you get this?

Same here. But Vodafone website is in general pretty terrible and buggy. . May or may not be related to blocking Pixel sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭flexcon

Weltsmertz wrote: »
    Same here. But Vodafone website is in general pretty terrible and buggy. . May or may not be related to blocking Pixel sales.

I tried buying some accessories just now and same issues

Isn’t related to pixel it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,163 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Just FYI I was in Vodafone Blackrock today inquiring about a refund for the one I bought last week so I could buy again with the additional €70 off. I had a look at their brochure while waiting and it said there was only €50 off this if you switch. It's possible the offer online may change to reflect this.

For those wondering you cannot do a refund in store if you bought the phone online. Needs to be sent back by post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Officer Giggles

anyone that has had payment refused may want to check their account as the money was taken out of mine however I do not have an order number and Vodafone chat said you have to wait 24-hours to see if it rectifies itself

• Registered Users Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭daheff

for anybody who has one, whats the usable amount of phone memory.... like is it stacked with VF bloatware?

daheff wrote: »
    for anybody who has one, whats the usable amount of phone memory.... like is it stacked with VF bloatware?

No bloat, completely stock

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭BakeMeACake

Tried again this morning. It's still failing when trying to pay😟

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Mitch Buchannon

Tried again this morning. It's still failing when trying to pay😟

Sam here. I have tried multiple times since 4am this morning and have had no luck.

Heres a thread from five years ago. Vodafone engineers are working hard to resolve the issue.

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057227891/1/#post90785258

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

:D

So that's why their "Talk to...." page here on Boards got pulled? I only realised when I discovered this morning that their online chat and phone support shut down for the weekend. And their various social media platforms are equally unresponsive. Why even bother, like?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭WhiteMemento9

Also getting payment error and tried with a few different cards both debit and credit.

Also getting payment error and tried with a few different cards both debit and credit.

Seems Vodafone decided to activate the errors to block ordering online a few hours after they announced their Black Friday deals.
    The positive though is that this may not be unique to Pixel orders and they will probably allow online ordering again at some stage.

Be aware though that based on their business practices over the years this is not incompetence or "technical issues" it is planned and deliberate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭WhiteMemento9

Weltsmertz wrote: »
    Seems Vodafone decided to activate the errors to block ordering online a few hours after they announced their Black Friday deals.
    The positive though is that this may not be unique to Pixel orders and they will probably allow online ordering again at some stage.

Be aware though that based on their business practices over the years this is not incompetence or "technical issues" it is planned and deliberate.

The Pixel deal is an online exclusive deal. Why would they be trying to block people from ordering a deal they have on the site that can't be got through other channels?

Advertisement