Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Pixel 3a €249 on Vodafone (In Stock!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭flexcon

The Pixel deal is an online exclusive deal. Why would they be trying to block people from ordering a deal they have on the site that can't be got through other channels?

I just rang call centre and they contacted Vodafone in Limerick and they are honouring that deal in store.

ill be heading in next hour so will report back if that is the case. They confirmed their website is problematic for them at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭sternn

Has anyone managed to get a refund on the difference? I ordered 3 days ago at 249, got it delivered yesterday. Phone is still unopened. Considering returning but it seems like a bit of an effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭loki7777

sternn wrote: »
    Has anyone managed to get a refund on the difference? I ordered 3 days ago at 249, got it delivered yesterday. Phone is still unopened. Considering returning but it seems like a bit of an effort.

If you want refund you will have to return it.

flexcon wrote: »
    I just rang call centre and they contacted Vodafone in Limerick and they are honouring that deal in store.

ill be heading in next hour so will report back if that is the case. They confirmed their website is problematic for them at the moment

Be interesting how they're going to pull that one off when there's no stock in stores, and the ordering process to get a phone from the warehouse to the store is broken.

The website was also broken for me when I tried to order a few weeks ago when the offer first came out. Eventually started working.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭matzen

Not honouring it in Swords

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,464 ✭✭✭micks_address

I just got two emails cancelling my online orders?

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭jamesoc85

I see people are having problems ordering. I was able to place an order yesterday around 11:30am for €179 with port from eir and I checked the status of my order this morning. It’s now “Your order is due for dispatch” so once they fix the online store I’m sure orders will work again.

Dear Customer,

We are unable to process your order at this time due to order criteria limitations. All charges have been refunded to your credit card. If you would like to speak with one of our Customer Care Agents please call 1850 20 87 87.

Thank you,
    The Online Store Team

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭flexcon

Basil3 wrote: »
    Be interesting how they're going to pull that one off when there's no stock in stores, and the ordering process to get a phone from the warehouse to the store is broken.

The website was also broken for me when I tried to order a few weeks ago when the offer first came out. Eventually started working.
    Well just back from store and won’t honour it.

Typical call centre crap’

It’s €239 and they have 2 left in limerick and 2 in ——- cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭DeKing

Ordered at 12.30 yesterday after seeing this thread. Checked the order status now and it's "Your order is due for dispatch"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

What sim is the easiest to pick up on the same day for free, or do you need to purchase all sims?
    Lycamobile obviously not working on it, and I have two of those.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭jamesoc85

https://www.eir.ie/mobile/prepay/free-sim-cards/

I used this free eir sim, delivered in two days and then ported that number to Vodafone while ordering the pixel.

Phoned customer care and they useless... Says maybe order was cancelled due to stock levels

Phoned customer care and they useless... Says maybe order was cancelled due to stock levels

Someone mentioned they got an order cancellation but the phone still turned up?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Sorchar

Are they unlocked or will I need to get it unlocked to use a Three sim card?
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8 dublinguy123

I am just off online chat with Vodafone.

They confirmed there is no availability online or instore.

Sorchar wrote: »
    Are they unlocked or will I need to get it unlocked to use a Three sim card?
    thanks

Unlocked

Figured deal was to good to be true... I ordered my first one before 11 yesterday...second at 2.. both cancellation emails at 944 this morning..what happens the numbers I ported from?

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Weltsmertz

So it seems that Vodafone allowed orders for a few hours after they announced deal and that anyone that ordered during this window will get the deal.
    However they decided around 4:00pm to block any further orders by activating the error message but at the same time leave the offer on the website.
    So there is an offer on their website that they are now refusing to honour.

Edit. So they are now cancelling the orders as well that they allowed yesterday before they put the block in place.
    So their never was a deal..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭daheff

I am just off online chat with Vodafone.

They confirmed there is no availability online or instore.

arra feck it anyways.

Argos have a habit of dropping prices on stock they no longer have for sale.... might be VF have done the same here

Now any if yis want to buy an unused EIR Sim.. nearly new

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Jaysus, I'm glad I checked back here before wasting further time. Thanks for the heads up.

They're some shower. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,162 ✭✭✭Sappy404

I rang 4 different numbers yesterday and wasn't able to speak to anyone. The number explicitly mentioned in the cooling off period notification "cannot be dialled". I tried their online chat - the site had a security certificate violation. I tried it anyway, chat option not available. And you can't return online items to store.

And I thought eir were bad!

Previously Vodafone used to argue that it wasn't that they were refusing to honour offers which they posted on their website. It was just that they were unable to process them as their website was broken. However if they are now cancelling orders which were made before the block was put in place they can't argue that.
    Interesting as well that they have switched from generic "website is broken" message to error messages that instead imply that the issue is with customers cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭shmeee

Figured deal was to good to be true... I ordered my first one before 11 yesterday...second at 2.. both cancellation emails at 944 this morning..what happens the numbers I ported from?

Very strange.

I ordered 1 at 12.30pm yesterday and friend did another one around 1.30pm and both our orders have since changed from "processing" to "Your order is due for dispatch".

And neither of us got any emails about cancelling.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

On the face of it they would appear to have been in breach of the law. Hope somebody sticks them with a formal complaint.

I'd do it myself but I have one on the go already with Eir. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,402 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Sappy404 wrote: »
    I rang 4 different numbers yesterday and wasn't able to speak to anyone. The number explicitly mentioned in the cooling off period notification "cannot be dialled". I tried their online chat - the site had a security certificate violation. I tried it anyway, chat option not available. And you can't return online items to store.

And I thought eir were bad!

Don't get me started, 3 months and my faulty Samsung is still faulty and comreg can't even get them to engage with me. They're going to get a nice fine off comreg thanks to me.

peckerhead wrote: »
    On the face of it they would appear to have been in breach of the law. Hope somebody sticks them with a formal complaint.

I don't think that they are. It is not the case that they are refusing to honour the offer on the website. It is instead that they are unfortunately unable to at the moment due to technical issues with the website that they are working to resolve. So no grounds for complaint from those unable to order.

Weltsmertz wrote: »
    I don't think that they are. It is not the case that they are refusing to honour the offer on the website. It is instead that they are unfortunately unable to at the moment due to technical issues with the website that they are working to resolve. So no grounds for complaint from those unable to order.

Yeah it's pretty lame. Why don't they just say out of stock...it's still on the website

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭WhiteMemento9

Well just back from store and won’t honour it.

Typical call centre crap’

It’s €239 and they have 2 left in limerick and 2 in ——- cork.

If the call centre confirmed earlier in the day that the store would honor the price I would call back and ask to speak to a team leader and make a complaint that you made the trip to the store only to be told the offer wasn't available after being assured when you rang earlier that it would be honored. The way they have handled this is terrible.

I can't believe Vodafone seem to be so bad on things like this. I thought the whole point was that they weren't generally as competitive on pricing with regards package plans but customer service, coverage etc was always considered superior and where they looked to have a competitive advantage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,402 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

If the call centre confirmed earlier in the day that the store would honor the price I would call back and ask to speak to a team leader and make a complaint that you made the trip to the store only to be told the offer wasn't available after being assured when you rang earlier that it would be honored. The way they have handled this is terrible.

I can't believe Vodafone seem to be so bad on things like this. I thought the whole point was that they weren't generally as competitive on pricing with regards package plans but customer service, coverage etc was always considered superior and where they looked to have a competitive advantage.

That day has long gone. Their CS is really not much better than most others at this stage. It's impossible to talk to someone.

Advertisement