Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Petty parking problem

• 29-08-2019 5:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭

Evening lads, have a funny one here. Outside the house is one spot, and I know it's first come first served and all that and I've no problem with that as we're a two car household and space for 3 in the garden so its fine. But... Our (lovely :pac:) neighbours park out there each evening, but once she leaves she makes her husband park his car outside just to keep the spot, and leave their garden empty. It's unbelievably petty and has made birthdays and occasions awkward for parking, but I've noticed his car hasn't a single in-date disc in the window. I'm curious of the legalities of his car being there if anybody can advise :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭Whocare

It small world he could be reading this too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

Grass him up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Carpentry

Whocare wrote: »
    It small world he could be reading this too

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Infernal Racket

Contact the local 50, they'll slap a ticket on that sumbitch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

Life is too short.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭victor8600

Grass him up.

Exactly, let the war begin. Have you tried a diplomatic solution already, that is talking to your neighbours?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭InTheShadows

Go for a walk OP.

victor8600 wrote: »
    Exactly, let the war begin. Have you tried a diplomatic solution already, that is talking to your neighbours?

The time for diplomacy is over, make the call. Do it

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

Time to hit them over the head with a hammer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,484 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Evening lads, have a funny one here. Outside the house is one spot, and I know it's first come first served and all that and I've no problem with that as we're a two car household and space for 3 in the garden so its fine. But... Our (lovely :pac:) neighbours park out there each evening, but once she leaves she makes her husband park his car outside just to keep the spot, and leave their garden empty. It's unbelievably petty and has made birthdays and occasions awkward for parking, but I've noticed his car hasn't a single in-date disc in the window. I'm curious of the legalities of his car being there if anybody can advise :)

Rat him out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Torch the car with him it.

I've a grand flashlight in the shed that I bought in Halfords, its very powerful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,477 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Park outside their house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

victor8600 wrote: »

I'm living beside them 18 years, they wouldn't even allow access to their back garden to replace fencing that we didn't ask a penny for :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,708 ✭✭✭corks finest

tomwaits48 wrote:
    Time to hit them over the head with a hammer

If the hammer breaks you might actually have to chat to him,just on the off chance like

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

The OP didn’t come on here looking for rational / useful advice such as talk to the neighbour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭The Satanist

Snitches get stitches.

Hammer time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Everything moves with biscuit tin lids

Nothing stops things like brake fluid.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,585 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

goodfellas_150pyxurz.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

Get some old bangers and park them outside their house. Preferably very broken, and with bricks instead of wheels.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭i57dwun4yb1pt8

are they scum ?
    if so - better to think about next steps carefully

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

Donate them to science - finding out what goes in the mind of this kind of people will probably be as massive a step as the moon landing...

(Little you can do if they are unreasonable, anyway)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,757 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Nothing stops things like brake fluid.

That's a real nasty one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Carpentry

That's a real nasty one.

Agreed, really hard to remove stain from driveway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Carpentry wrote: »
    Agreed, really hard to remove stain from driveway.

Paint stripper?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Isambard

it's not a petty problem, it's a very selfish neighbour laying claim to ownership of a "public" space irrespective of the needs of their neighbours. I'd "dob them in to the Feds" if the car isn't road legal, no hesitation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Do you have a dog? Teach it to use their garden and front door step as it's toilet.

Or just go lay one on at their front door yourself, whichever is handiest.

I also like the brake fluid idea, write **** on the car with it

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Do you have a dog? Teach it to use their garden and front door step as it's toilet.

Or just go lay one on at their front door yourself, whichever is handiest.

I also like the brake fluid idea, write **** on the car with it

I suggest if you're taking this approach, drop a dookie in a brown paper bag then set it on fire before ringing the doorbell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

Buy a cheap bag of scrap and park it in that spot first chance you get.
    Or block the old lad's car in with two bags of scrap.
    If you can't have the spot, no one can.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭GrumpyMe

Long term solution is to grow a tree beside the spot and feed the birds well. :p

That’s really playing the long game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

my3cents wrote: »
    Paint stripper?

Stripper maybe....

Get a hobo to move into the car....

It's very windy out the reg plates might fall off....

Super glue the door handles and wipers...

GrumpyMe wrote: »
    Long term solution is to grow a tree beside the spot and feed the birds well. :p

Funnily enough it's under a tree, and their cars do be destroyed in sap and bird poo! It's gas, they're gone away for a week now and their garden is empty yet they've the dodgy car parked outside in that spot!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭daheff

Funnily enough it's under a tree, and their cars do be destroyed in sap and bird poo! It's gas, they're gone away for a week now and their garden is empty yet they've the dodgy car parked outside in that spot!

Ah if they are gone, a call to the local Garda advising a cars been dumped outside the house. No tax or reg plate...etc

Be sure it’ll be gone by the time they come home

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 160 ✭✭KB22

Not the gardai, the local council will have it removed if it has no reg. plates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

If the car can be identified the council will take pictures of the car and post them to the last registered owner of the vehicle, notifying them of the obstruction and giving them the opportunity to remove vehicle within a two week period or the council will remove it.

But... Our (lovely :pac:) neighbours park out there each evening, but once she leaves she makes her husband park his car outside just to keep the spot, and leave their garden empty. )

they likely do this around the same time each evening. Get in your car around this time, engine running and as soon as she moves, park there- if you can at all, leave it there for a few days- but if you leave, get your partner to replace it with their car- you'll have made your point very clearly and I don't think you'll have this problem anymore.

KB22 wrote: »
    Not the gardai, the local council will have it removed if it has no reg. plates.

It has reg plates, but I won't be interfering with it personally to make them 'fall off'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,424 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

If you know their phone number take a few photos of the car and stick it up on Donedeal for something like €30, have in the ad 'Selling due to having no space to park it and not able to afford NCT, tax or insurance', should make an interesting hint.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭enricoh

It wouldnt cost me a moments thougjt to lift the phone n dob them in.
    I cant abide people driving with no insurance. Plus it'd annoy the tits off them n they sound like hard work!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Ideal timing for it to be lifted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 475 ✭✭mickuhaha

Get under the car and cut the handbrake cable. Then push it down the road. I am sure the insurance will cover the damage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

op is the space outside the house in front of your house solely, or is it between the two houses as in most estates?

if its solely outside your house, then they must have a space outside theres?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,474 ✭✭✭✭road_high

I'm living beside them 18 years, they wouldn't even allow access to their back garden to replace fencing that we didn't ask a penny for :P

Clearly head cases living under a siege mentality. They’re very common and all the same behaviors

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,708 ✭✭✭corks finest

colm_mcm wrote:
    That’s really playing the long game!

18 years is a long game

robtri wrote: »
    op is the space outside the house in front of your house solely, or is it between the two houses as in most estates?

if its solely outside your house, then they must have a space outside theres?

It's between our house but mostly mine. He's at it again today driving off and herself sitting behind it immediately to move down the spot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,424 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I'd hate the game and not the player if his car was insured, taxed, NCT'd, on this case the scrote needs to be exposed on Garda Twitter as someone who should be taken out of general population.

I'd report him without question and love it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Do what the loonies do in China where they jump on the bonnet and dive into the ground....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,572 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Does he be gone long? Seems very risky to be driving around without insurance. Is the other car insured?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

There's a dickhead on my road that does the same. Has a driveway, has space outside the driveway and still choses to park his car across the road depriving others of a space.

• Advertisement
Advertisement