Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) No trading

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭FE1Hopefully1

Does anybody have any advice on the case note question on the constitutional law paper? Is it a good idea to do this question?

I think if you know the cases then do it if you think you’d be better off doing it than another question

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Zlatorog

Does anybody have any advice on the case note question on the constitutional law paper? Is it a good idea to do this question?

It's quite difficult to predict what cases will come up, but the examiner does tend to mix landmark older cases, like McGee, with recent Supreme Court decisions. The upside is that you have to write two "half" answers so if you give an overview of the facts, the main issues and then the legacy of the case you can fill up the space fairly easily. So if two cases come up that you have a good knowledge of, I'd definitely recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭AlexTG356

Anyone who has filled out the recheck form - what did you guys put for exam number? I cant remember if we got one?

There doesn't seem to be an exam number on the current form. Maybe they've uploaded a new one. Also, has anyone one submitted one in the last few days and have not heard back from them, even regarding payment?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 BBall2015

AlexTG356 wrote: »
    There doesn't seem to be an exam number on the current form. Maybe they've uploaded a new one. Also, has anyone one submitted one in the last few days and have not heard back from them, even regarding payment?

I sent them my application form over the weekend and still haven't even gotten an email asking for payment!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 BBall2015

For those waiting for access to their scripts, I just received an email from the Law Society saying they've received my request, that they have an extremely high number of requests this time and are getting through them as quickly as possible. I sent my request at 11:06am the day we got our results for reference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Lallers96

BBall2015 wrote: »
    For those waiting for access to their scripts, I just received an email from the Law Society saying they've received my request, that they have an extremely high number of requests this time and are getting through them as quickly as possible. I sent my request at 11:06am the day we got our results for reference.

Just came here to say the same. Hopefully we get them soon, shouldn't be too much longer!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 starterpack

hi all, looking for second hand companies act 2014 bloomsbury 2018 edition. please dm me if willing to sell.. thank you so much

• Registered Users Posts: 38 orlaghs

Would anybody have a clue of what might come up in equity or company this sitting? Or any advice on what can be cut out from the syllabus? Sitting 3 exams in March and want to make the best use out of the time I have!

orlaghs wrote: »
    Would anybody have a clue of what might come up in equity or company this sitting? Or any advice on what can be cut out from the syllabus? Sitting 3 exams in March and want to make the best use out of the time I have!

Equity

Note question - 3 do 2 rule in string v bird, Hastings bass
    Problem q on estoppel
    Problem q on undue influence
    Essay on three certainties
    Essay on trusteeship
    Problem q on Donatio Mortis Causa
    Problem q on charitable trust
    Can’t remember the last question

• Registered Users Posts: 43 DavidX90

This is the version I ordered. Complies with rules on permitted legislation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 yipyop

Looking to get my hands on sample answers for Criminal, Contract & Constitutional. I have materials and revision guides for all subjects if anyone needs!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 54321zz

Has anyone heard anything re the costs of the March sitting? There's no reason for them to cost €105 each if we're doing them from our own homes. I have emailed about this, just wondering has anyone any info

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭IgoPAP

54321zz wrote: »
    Has anyone heard anything re the costs of the March sitting? There's no reason for them to cost €105 each if we're doing them from our own homes. I have emailed about this, just wondering has anyone any info

There's a better chance of the moon colliding into the Earth than the Law Society dropping the costs of the Fe1 exams

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭L.E.D

SKLaw wrote: »
    Seems like there was a mistake in Re Callaghan. Can’t really remember the facts of the case so I’m just going with what you said here. I believe that where there’s a mistake in the will, the court will grant the legacy according to the deceased’s true intention when he/she made the will which is maybe why it was granted to CW as she was the goddaughter and I assume maybe that JW was a typo?

Yeah thats what u was thinking, then I got thrown off, but seems to be the general theme, thanks 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭SKLaw

L.E.D wrote: »
    Yeah thats what u was thinking, then I got thrown off, but seems to be the general theme, thanks ��

No problem :) best of luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭lawgirl23

BBall2015 wrote: »

Got the same - sent my email at 11:02!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 tommytimber

Does anyone have a good up to date Tort grid they would be willing to share?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Aisbash

Here ya go :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40 tommytimber

Aisbash wrote: »
    Here ya go :)

Brilliant! Thanks very much!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 ellachapman96

Does anyone have relatively up to date equity exam papers & reports please?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 FE1Rookies

Does anyone have relatively up to date equity exam papers & reports please?

I do, PM me and I'll send them on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭caius97

Hey, does anyone know if the classification of a crime came up in 2020 at all? Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭RebeccaM90

By any chance does anyone have the Examiner's report for Property Law Nov 2020?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 BookFast

Would anyone have sample answers for contract (not Griffith)? Can swap for all other subjects! Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 45 examsfe12021

Constitutional

does anyone have sample answers to constitutional questions that they would be willing to share??

RebeccaM90 wrote: »
    By any chance does anyone have the Examiner's report for Property Law Nov 2020?

I don’t think they’ve been released yet

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Coopie

I have Bloomsbury companies act 2014 2018 edition for sale - DM me.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Creg12

BookFast wrote: »
    Would anyone have sample answers for contract (not Griffith)? Can swap for all other subjects! Thanks

Pm sent

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Fe119

Constitutional

does anyone have sample answers to constitutional questions that they would be willing to share??

I would really appreciate these too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 moeby

Fe119 wrote: »
    I would really appreciate these too!

I second this! 😅

Advertisement