Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Royal Wedding Mega Thread! Mod warning post 364.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

I am really impressed that there have been no leaks about her dress, really. It's still the huge secret it should be...

Can we have a thread for those of us keen on watching it? There's a tonne of threads bashing it all over the place..

So, this is for the fans..currently waiting for the start on BBC!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

I'm tingling about this - really can't wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Sibylla

I am really impressed that there have been no leaks about her dress, really. It's still the huge secret it should be...
    I agree about leaking it, The only clues thus far is that he her hair and make up will look 'natural'. First guests are set to arrive soon. They have been given the title Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, Seems a bit mature for their age.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭mariebeth

I'm off today, not because of the wedding, (got roped in to minding my nieces & nephew for the weekend) so I'm sitting here watching it :) I'm a sucker for a wedding, and it kind of feels like I've grown up with William & Harry in a way since they were in magazines & papers so often, so it just seems natural for me to want to watch it. Plus I'm a sucker for a good wedding & romance, so it's going to satisfy the romantic in me today!

I'm most looking forward to seeing the dress :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 445 ✭✭_whiskers

Woo! Was hoping for a happy thread about it! :D what channel has the best coverage?

To be honest I have been watching BBC because it's what I normally watch, but it seems pretty okay coverage wise..

They've got people everywhere.

Can't even imagine what must be going through Kate's head!!

Just stuck on BBC, the atmosphere is amazing! :D

Edith, Edith, your get up is shocking. I love 50's style skirt but this one makes you look like a loo roll holder.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

I'm watching tv3 which I think is showing the ITV coverage, I love Philip Schofield so I'm happy. Just tuned in now, trying to work and watch it at the same time, so I'll mainly be watching from 10am until just after the ceremony and then at lunchtime for the balcony bit.

My mother missed Charles & Diana's wedding because she was working, as she did almost every day for 35 years, so she's enjoying opportunities like this now that she's unemployed, every cloud and all that! :)

I don't think I'd get up at 7.30 for my own wedding never mind to be a guest at one! Poor guests having to be ready so early!

V Beckham looks a little afraid her hat will fall off...

edit..how is it staying on??
    David is such a dashing man..

Oh I missed her!

Just saw her, I like her head piece, she looks so much better with the bit of weight on her face, pity she's so mortified at putting on weight when she's pregnant, such a dull dress.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

V Beckham looks a little afraid her hat will fall off...

edit..how is it staying on??
    David is such a dashing man..

Great hat tho:p

There are some amazing hats alright..gosh she doesn't look near as gaunt in the face as she has been.. apparently Amy Hooverman has arrived with Chelsea Davy wearing pink...

Chelsea Davy in emerald green, Victoria Beckham in black looks really nice actually. There is huge speculation Kate will be wearing a Mc Queen.

• Advertisement

My God dailymail.co.uk has photos of the Beckhams and Chelsea Davy up already, quick work, the joys of technology!

Chelsea Davy opted for Alberta Feretti emerald green while Victoria Beckham looks great with her hair tied back in one of her own dresses.

article-1381800-0BD281B100000578-776_634x1007.jpg

beckham1883395c.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

David and Victoria look gorgeous!

Everyone seems to be following tradition and wearing a hat, Haven't seen anyone without a head piece of some osrt. Tara Palmer in royal blue just arrived.

Chelsea does look a bit rough in that DM pic..not sure about her choice today, but I see she has another outfit for later!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Is there anywhere with photos? I am at work and I love the style.

Vicky is being bold if she's wearing black to such a formal wedding! It's a colour of mourning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

Victoria Beckham looks beautiful. Tara Palmer Tomkinson just walked in, the colour of her dress is stunning, the shapes quite nice too.

Das Kitty wrote: »

Vicky is being bold if she's wearing black to such a formal wedding! It's a colour of mourning.
    I posted a few in f&a as soon as I see them online.

Otherwise check out the daily mail!

No, it's navy she is wearing.... daily mail site has some pics but not much yet...

jesus TPT's nose..... the hat is interesting but god love her, the torment she has been through with her nose :(

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Regina Phalange

Watching ITV here in London, Victoria and David looked amazing! Victoria wearing her own brand, a dark navy floaty dress, covering the bump well and a gorgeous fascinator pinned to the front of her head, can't find a pic right now, but I'm a fan.

Chelsy Davy had a beautiful turquoise green top and skirt by Alberta Ferretti. She looked very sweet.

Princess Diana nieces Amelia and Eliza Spences looked beautiful, very pretty girls.

Lots of bright colours, but also some muted nudes and pale pinks, really pretty colours.

Oh I'm loving the fashion!

Das Kitty wrote: »

Yep dailymail should keep up with the photos I'd say, Victoria is reknowned for hating how she looks when she's pregnant so I'd say that's why the dramatic hat and dull dress, but she could have looked so much better. You can see on her face that she's nervous and shy like she always is, which is always misconstrued as sulky/snobby, I love her, just wish she'd keep that bit of weight on her face and body after she has babies!

Yup, deffo navy; Philip Treacy hat-come on Galway :p

TPT is looking well:)

I agree gorgeous outfits, Tara Palmer's hat is by Steven Jones. Full length VB dress shot

113262891.jpg

Hmmmmm I wonder if its Sarah Burton.....

• Advertisement

Hmmmmm I wonder if its Sarah Burton.....
    Apparently she was definitively spotted outside the hotel yesterday....

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Not a fan of Victoria Beckham's dress, I think navy is a bit of a dull colour for a wedding. I suppose it's because she's pregnant, as other people have said.

article-1381795-0BD2B86900000578-393_634x508.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Victoria Beckham, Tara Palmer-Tomkinson and Chelsy Davy looked great.

This this is Victoria's dress, but in a different colour.

Dress

dress_119_trapeze_dress544x374.jpg

Link to a bigger pic

http://www.victoriabeckham.com/imgs//zoom/aw11/dress_119_trapeze_dress1414x972.jpg

Boris Johnson has bought them a tandem bicycle as a wedding present:p

Ben Fogle's pregnant wife is wearing a beautiful bright green dress, Victoria look and learn!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

Seriously, Posh's dress is like a black sack!
    The hat is nice though - and God love her, she was shaking with nerves.

The blue colour on TPT is gorgeous - beautiful dress but the gloves are horrendous.

Ben's wife does look amazing! Don't like what TPT is wearing, its too much with the gloves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

David Beckhams gear looked great. Gotta give a virtual fistpump to David Cameron as well excluding the tie.

• Advertisement

Elton John and David Furnish receive a very warm welcome from the crowd.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

More for here, not the ladies lounge.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

merge maybe??

Such fancy hats! Wonder how many people said "oh Mr Bean"!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Jaygee

I'm watching ITV and they said that Victoria Beckam's hat was by Philip Treacy

Jaygee wrote: »
    I'm watching ITV and they said that Victoria Beckam's hat was by Philip Treacy
    He seems to have been the milliner for numerous guests. William is going to wear his irish guards uniform.

So hat now means pretty thing perched at a precarious angle on your face yes??

• Advertisement

Wonder how many people said "oh Mr Bean"!

Me :o

Tara Pamler's outfit is stunning

article-1381800-0BD2CA1900000578-241_306x877.jpg

Isn't this Joss Stone?

article-1381800-0BD2C2F600000578-437_306x877.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Oh I hate Tara Pamler's outfit! The long gloves look ridiculous.

And is it just me or does Chelsea Davy's outfit look extremely ill-fitting?

Anyone know who the three blondes are that BBC keep focusing on?? I thought one might be Holly Branson but two look like twins...

I like TPT outfit, but think its all very blue! Don't like the shoes.

Phillipa Lepley, who was the bookies favourite in November to design Kates dress believes its going to an Alice Temperly dress.... Hmmm

• Advertisement
Advertisement