Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Royal Wedding Mega Thread! Mod warning post 364.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Azureus

I really could not give a damn about the Royal Wedding.
    Sick of all the coverage to be honest, I cant understand why it is all over Irish and American tv, the royal family have nothing to do with us.

Ill have a gander at Kate Middletons dress alright, but I wont go out of my way to see it, no doubt I wont have to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭stripysocks85

Not a notion of any interest. I'll be in Belfast, hopefully hungover on Friday, and couldn't care less who is gettin married or what they're wearing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

I have regained faith in female kind after seeing so many people say they are not interested

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

I won't be watching but I like all the articles and the dress and stuff:)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I doubt I'll actually watch it, but I am looking forward to seeing the dress and outfits :D My mam and her mates are getting together to have "high tea" and watch it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Sibylla

For anyone purely interested in the fashion aspect and not the wedding, E are doing a fashion special on the wedding friday night!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

I saw yer wan from Xpose outside Westminister Abbey about ten days ago, doing her 'scoop' on the fashion she expected and have to admit it was pretty funny seeing her wobble on the cobblestones in her heels and horrific fake tan...

On a side note, my gran rang yesterday to tell me she was happy she'd gotten all her washing and housework done this weekend so she can relax and enjoy Friday. Gas.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Azureus wrote: »
    I really could not give a damn about the Royal Wedding.
    Sick of all the coverage to be honest, I cant understand why it is all over Irish and American tv, the royal family have nothing to do with us.

Ill have a gander at Kate Middletons dress alright, but I wont go out of my way to see it, no doubt I wont have to.

The US President has nothing to do with us either, yet it was all that was shown on Irish and UK channels when Obama was elected and then inaugerated:D

It's the monarchy of our closest neighbouring country - there's bound to be a level of interest in it. Don't know whether your old enough but did you have the same opinion when Princess Diana died? ie "nothing to do with us`"?

I'll be interested in seeing her dress, as she has full autonomy of it and her make up and hair.
    I'll be interested in seeing what the invited guests wear as well. It's like a big showbiz occasion rather than a wedding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭CK2010

this is gonna sound a bit odd but tbh the main reason im excited about it is because my elderly and sick granny is looking forward to it and lately shes been so sick shes not entirely 'with it' so to speak, so to see her so caught up in something of interest to her is really nice! :o

if it werent for that i dont think id give a hoot! apart from seeing pics of the dress in the paper. or to see if anything goes wrong! :D i know thats mean but its true! like diana saying the wrong name at hers, nice to see they're normal!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭stripysocks85

Is there something wrong with me, as a woman, that I don't care remotely about the dress/fashion/style/get up of any of the guests or bride? Reckon it'll be a job to escape the coverage though. Am gutted as I'm going to Belfast for boozing and am afraid the streets will be empty. Still, good times for me. May head to the pub and nab me a man as they'll be the only ones in tihe pub!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭bills

I must admit I am a little interested. Looking forward to seeing her dress.
    Mind you I am also getting married this year so thats probably why I am so interested!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Calluna

I'm kind of interested - mainly in the dress and general 'style' of the guests, etc. I probably would have been sneaky peeking on web at work, but as it turns out I'm going to a wedding on Friday so I'm off...and can spend the morning watching the royals while getting myself all dolled up. I think the level of interest here is reasonable, but they seem to have gone bananas next door...a friend of mine is home from Edinburgh and she can't wait for the madness to all be over.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I can't help but get a little excited and girly thinking about it...the idea of fairy-tale princess weddings have been shoved into my brain since I was a child!

I'll probably watch it to check out the outfits and then get bored and turn it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

Couldn't be bothered tuning in to watch the wedding, I was surprised to hear my mother saying she couldn't wait! Half interested to see what people are wearing but i can wait for the pictures, no doubt they'll be up on dozens of websites seconds after they are snapped! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

I need to change my level of interest in this, after seeing all the preparations going into the ceremony and the traditions (the sailors, the horses, the carriages etc) I am completely dying to see it now, I love all things historical so to see all of these things being brought out for any event really interests me, I love the sense of occasion about all of that type of thing. So I have gone from being interested purely in the fashion to now wanting to watch all the ceremonial bits too, not too interested in them getting married but love all the pomp and circumstance!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

I really want to see the church now after seeing all the trees going into Westminster Abbey! It's probably going to be gorgeous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 epad.ie

Lets face it, most people are interested to some degree. Even if your not, you will still be curious and might sneek a quick look on the news of what happened on the day. Im not a big fan myself and thing its all a bit OTT but you have to admire that they are probably the first royal couple who are not a bit ostentatious or in simple terms "full of s**t" like so many other "royals". Diana was the exception but look at the state of the person she married so she came close a close second. The pressure must be enormous on them, especially for Kate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Lollers

Fair play to Kate, she is doing her own make apparently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 gubernaculum

doubt i'll watch the wedding but do want to see if sarah burton got the dress gig. big mcqueen fan so think it'd be brilliant :)

The big day is here, I'm very interested to see what everyone will be wearing. Aside from Kate it will be interesting to see what younger royals and guests such as Victoria Beckham choose to wear. At the Queen's pre wedding gala dinner Princess Beatrice proved most popular with the critics while at rehearsals Kate Middleton her sister and Mom looked great. The major speculation right now is who the designer of the dress is. Will update with pictures of wedding :)

21llton.jpg

article-0-0BD0B01C00000578-747_306x684.jpg

article-1381772-0BD0FA4000000578-745_308x564.jpg

article-0-0BD0D1EB00000578-855_306x539.jpg

article-0-0BD0A99F00000578-292_306x423.jpg

• Advertisement

I am really impressed that there have been no leaks about her dress, really. It's still the huge secret it should be...

Can we have a thread for those of us keen on watching it? There's a tonne of threads bashing it all over the place..

So, this is for the fans..currently waiting for the start on BBC!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,198 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

I'm tingling about this - really can't wait.

I am really impressed that there have been no leaks about her dress, really. It's still the huge secret it should be...
    I agree about leaking it, The only clues thus far is that he her hair and make up will look 'natural'. First guests are set to arrive soon. They have been given the title Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, Seems a bit mature for their age.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭mariebeth

I'm off today, not because of the wedding, (got roped in to minding my nieces & nephew for the weekend) so I'm sitting here watching it :) I'm a sucker for a wedding, and it kind of feels like I've grown up with William & Harry in a way since they were in magazines & papers so often, so it just seems natural for me to want to watch it. Plus I'm a sucker for a good wedding & romance, so it's going to satisfy the romantic in me today!

I'm most looking forward to seeing the dress :)

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭_whiskers

Woo! Was hoping for a happy thread about it! :D what channel has the best coverage?

To be honest I have been watching BBC because it's what I normally watch, but it seems pretty okay coverage wise..

They've got people everywhere.

Can't even imagine what must be going through Kate's head!!

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭_whiskers

Just stuck on BBC, the atmosphere is amazing! :D

Edith, Edith, your get up is shocking. I love 50's style skirt but this one makes you look like a loo roll holder.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

I'm watching tv3 which I think is showing the ITV coverage, I love Philip Schofield so I'm happy. Just tuned in now, trying to work and watch it at the same time, so I'll mainly be watching from 10am until just after the ceremony and then at lunchtime for the balcony bit.

My mother missed Charles & Diana's wedding because she was working, as she did almost every day for 35 years, so she's enjoying opportunities like this now that she's unemployed, every cloud and all that! :)

I don't think I'd get up at 7.30 for my own wedding never mind to be a guest at one! Poor guests having to be ready so early!

Advertisement