Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 8 Transfer Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭Porthallian

KdB/Haller to Sterling/King worth a -4?

Also have Salah, Kun, Auba

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭ShimSlady

I think Haller is due a return so will be holding him for another few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Do you also have a City defender? If not, would you consider Salah to Sterling as City have much better fixtures than Liverpool for 4/5 GWs and then switch back?

If you move from KDB to Sterling, I think that's a kind of make your bed and lie in it transfer. If you end up going back, you will have lost several transfers and 4 or more points. Decide whether you want KDB or Sterling longer term. While KDB will miss the Wolves game, you should factor in that Sterling could be rested for another game in the next few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Any suggestions for a replacement for Wan-Bisakka? Have Soyuncu, Robvertson, Lundstram and Simpson. Thinking Tomori or Alderweireld ?

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Ros1234

Tusky wrote: »
    Any suggestions for a replacement for Wan-Bisakka? Have Soyuncu, Robvertson, Lundstram and Simpson.

Leicester have nice fixtures after this GW, even Pereira might get attacking returns at Anfield going by last nights game.
    One other team with nice fixtures coming up is Chelsea, Tomori is cheap but Dave has potential for points at both ends of the pitch.

• Advertisement

Ros1234 wrote: »
    Leicester have nice fixtures after this GW, even Pereira might get attacking returns at Anfield going by last nights game.
    One other team with nice fixtures coming up is Chelsea, Tomori is cheap but Dave has potential for points at both ends of the pitch.

Yeah but then I'd have two Leicester defenders - is that not to be avoided?

Dave?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

Dave?

Azpilicueta.

Azpilicueta.

Ah right. He's 5.9 though, I only have 5.5.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

Ah right. He's 5.9 though, I only have 5.5.

What about Otamendi. Or are you maxed out on City? Maybe a WestHam defender could be a shout. 3 home games out of next 4.

What about Otamendi. Or are you maxed out on City? Maybe a WestHam defender could be a shout. 3 home games out of next 4.

Yeah I already have 3 City players. Not a bad shout on West Ham.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭nullObjects

Fabianski is injured, in case that impacts your shout for wh defenders

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Ros1234

Yeah but then I'd have two Leicester defenders - is that not to be avoided?

Dave?

Ya sorry, missed you had Soy already, I'd say a Chelsea defender so if you're maxed out on City, I brought in Fredericks 2 weeks ago but with Fabinski out now for a few months I would avoid WH. Tomori so as you say, I wouldn't be too keen on Spurs at the moment either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Is it worth shipping KDB out for 1 week only?? If so, for who?? 0.0 ITB

Never mind. Bought him for 9.7m, he's now 10m so keeping him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    Do you also have a City defender? If not, would you consider Salah to Sterling as City have much better fixtures than Liverpool for 4/5 GWs and then switch back?

If you move from KDB to Sterling, I think that's a kind of make your bed and lie in it transfer. If you end up going back, you will have lost several transfers and 4 or more points. Decide whether you want KDB or Sterling longer term. While KDB will miss the Wolves game, you should factor in that Sterling could be rested for another game in the next few weeks.

I do have Otamendi also. So Salah to Sterling wouldn't be an option and I still think Salah is capable of decent scores so I'm keeping him.

Not sure why you think Sterling will be rested again in the next few weeks. I think he's had his rest in the premier league and should be good for the next few.

This would be a long term plan to have Sterling but might just hold KdB after all. Not sure if I fancy King and other 6-6.5m strikers aren't great

Not sure why you think Sterling will be rested again in the next few weeks. I think he's had his rest in the premier league and should be good for the next few.
    I didn't say that I think Sterling will be rested but it is not beyond the bounds of possibility that he will be rested for, for example, the Southampton game, a full six weeks after previous rest, before a crunch game against Liverpool and another int window on the horizon.

My point was Pep rotates the team a lot and everyone misses games here and there so KDB being injured for one isn't a reason to sell him, missing a random game is par for the course with City players.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭skippy15

Debating otam and James for Mahrez tomori for a -4 or leave till next week, pukki party on last chance also mmm

Am I the only one who sees Mahrez as a trap? He is far from guaranteed to start this weekend, Sterling and Bilva both available and have had less game time than him recently. Logic says he gets a rest but then logic doesn't apply to Pep. Getting him in is playing high stakes Pep roulette if you ask me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Am I the only one who sees Mahrez as a trap? He is far from guaranteed to start this weekend, Sterling and Bilva both available and have had less game time than him recently. Logic says he gets a rest but then logic doesn't apply to Pep. Getting him in is playing high stakes Pep roulette if you ask me.

I agree. Him and Bilva are 50/50 right now in who plays. Bilva has played back in KDB's spot before. That's the only way Mahrez gametime is near certain.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Have used a transfer already,

Better to bring in Saka for Hayden with my second free or just play Lundstrum?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,249 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Pep said KDB is out on Sunday. So who replaces him in midfield Gundogan or Bernando?

Home to Wolves, so you would suspect Bernando, with Mahrez & Sterling on the wings. Or does he go 3-5-2, with Mendy & Cancelo as wing backs and Jesus & Aguero up top?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

FitzShane wrote: »
    Pep said KDB is out on Sunday. So who replaces him in midfield Gundogan or Bernando?

Home to Wolves, so you would suspect Bernando, with Mahrez & Sterling on the wings. Or does he go 3-5-2, with Mendy & Cancelo as wing backs and Jesus & Aguero up top?!

It will be Bernardo,I think, especially if he has a possible ban upcoming

But its Pep, it could well be Jesus and a 4-4-2

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Mahrez will be starting this weekend. I couldn’t be more sure of anything this weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭ShimSlady

Phil Foden will replace KDB

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

Given KDB news... I decided to also make a few changes... Taking a -8 .... Hopefully it works out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭eoghan104

My head is wrecked. I want in Auba in really badly for his great fixtures and would be a good differential in my league. The problem is how to fund him...

I have

Salah - Sterling - KDB - Son - Cantwell

Pukki - Abraham - Wesley

I would love to get rid of Wesley for Auba but that means ditching Sterling or Salah. Mental to go without any Liverpool players? The midfield replacement will be Mount.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

eoghan104 wrote: »
    My head is wrecked. I want in Auba in really badly for his great fixtures and would be a good differential in my league. The problem is how to fund him...

I have

Salah - Sterling - KDB - Son - Cantwell

Pukki - Abraham - Wesley

I would love to get rid of Wesley for Auba but that means ditching Sterling or Salah. Mental to go without any Liverpool players? The midfield replacement will be Mount.

I'm in the same boat with Mane, risky going without Liverpool player alright. They do have sticky fixtures.
    Chelsea are banging in goals so mount is definitely a handy replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭eoghan104

jamesbere wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat with Mane, risky going without Liverpool player alright. They do have sticky fixtures.
    Chelsea are banging in goals so mount is definitely a handy replacement.
    Feck it I did it..... Mon Auba!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

eoghan104 wrote: »
    Feck it I did it..... Mon Auba!

I'll do it too. Go team auba

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Have a bit of cash to play with.

1. PVA - TAA
    2. Cantwell - Yarmolenko

Had #1 in my head for a few weeks, but 2 is calling out to me now with WH's nice fixtures and a bit of a differential. Livepool's fixtures don't look CS-friendly (apart from WH).

Means this week playing Yarmolenko/PVA or TAA/Cantwell (with Soy if Cantwell doesn't make it)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭COH

1FT...

Can either do KDB > Son (or someone else <10.5 ??) for a 1 week punt or play Ake against Arsenal.

I have no value tied up in KDB as was late enough to the party and could straight swap him back in after the break if necessary.

Who else is worthy of a 1 week hurrah? Mahrez and Dilva seem to other two logical choices

Advertisement