Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Private profiles - please note that profiles marked as private will soon be public. This will facilitate moderation so mods can view users' warning histories. All of your posts across the site will appear on your profile page (including PI, RI). Groups posts will remain private except to users who have access to the same Groups as you. Thread here
Some important site news, please read here. Thanks!

Gameweek 8 Transfer Thread

  • 28-09-2019 6:31pm
    #1
    Registered Users Posts: 19,640 ✭✭✭✭ Rikand


    Banking

    I know I've scored bugger all points this week, but I honestly cant see any reason to make any transfers.

    My team for gameweek 8

    Pope(EVE)
    Otamendi(WOL) Lundstram(wat) Kelly(whu)
    Cantwell(AVL) Mount(sou) Salah(LEI) Son(bha) Sterling(WOL)
    Pukki(AVL) Aguero(WOL)

    Nothing wrong with that, is there ?


«13456

Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭ nullObjects


    There's a break the week of the 12th, could be good to bank with that in mind too


  • Registered Users Posts: 15,221 ✭✭✭✭ gormdubhgorm


    Rikand wrote: »
    Banking

    I know I've scored bugger all points this week, but I honestly cant see any reason to make any transfers.

    My team for gameweek 8

    Pope(EVE)
    Otamendi(WOL) Lundstram(wat) Kelly(whu)
    Cantwell(AVL) Mount(sou) Salah(LEI) Son(bha) Sterling(WOL)
    Pukki(AVL) Aguero(WOLS

    Nothing wrong with that, is there ?

    Jayus that is a good team. Son should do well for you.

    My team is a bit heavier at the back

    Pope (button)
    Alderweireld - TAA -Lowton (Lundstrum, soyuncu)
    Salah- Sterling-KDB-Mount (cantwell)
    Barnes-Pukki-Abraham

    I am more than likely going to take a hit to get rid of Barnes and Salah - for Aubameyang and Maddison

    Thinking a few gameweeks ahead on the Maddison move, and Aubameyang looks like the best captaincy next week on paper v leaky Bournemouth


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭ Islander13


    Mahrez has to be looked at seriously now


  • Registered Users Posts: 47,770 ✭✭✭✭ km79


    Banking
    Will play Lundstrum if KDB is out


  • Registered Users Posts: 19,792 ✭✭✭✭ PARlance


    All my starting 11 are at home next week. Fairly sure that's a first for me.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭ macraignil


    Considering Barnes to Haller as have free transfer and have the money in the bank for the upgrade. Any opinions on weather it is worth it? Would prefer to get in Callum Wilson but am .3mill short.


  • Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭ False Prophet


    Aurier out,
    cresswell,soy,diop in.
    Prob soy


  • Registered Users Posts: 11,359 ✭✭✭✭ Fitz*


    Thinking Pukki -> King. But may hold off till after Pukki plays Villa at home. He seems to score well at home.

    Want Callum Wilson but don't have the funds and just wildcarded! Try avoid taking hits if I can.


  • Registered Users Posts: 10,413 ✭✭✭✭ dsmythy


    PARlance wrote: »
    All my starting 11 are at home next week. Fairly sure that's a first for me.

    People were saying they had lots of aways this week. I had 8... Maybe no surprise the average is so low. The average might spring back next week with the home game glut.

    Though I'd rather a bit more mix than the all or nothing each week at the moment.


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭ Porthallian


    Hanley to Cresswell I think


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44,760 ✭✭✭✭ Mr.Nice Guy


    Already done.

    Aurier out, Tomori in.

    💙

    💛



  • Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭ Trimm Trabb


    2 transfers and Salah and Siggy to go probably.

    Looking at 2 from Son, Pepe, Mahrez I think - will wait and see what happens in arsenal game and champions league.

    Other option is to swap Salah & fodder to Aguero & fodder.


  • Registered Users Posts: 16,722 ✭✭✭✭ gammygils


    Have the exact funds for Ceballos to Yarmalenko


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭ mugsymugsy


    Is kdb injured?


  • Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭ eh i dunno


    Right it's getting desperate for me now. What do I do with this lot

    Pope Ryan

    Digne Maitland-Niles Soyuncu Zinchenko Lundstram

    Sterling cebellos Mane Cantwell dendonker

    Aguero haller Abraham

    Next week looks decent fixtures wise for me


  • Registered Users Posts: 47,770 ✭✭✭✭ km79


    eh i dunno wrote: »
    Right it's getting desperate for me now. What do I do with this lot

    Pope Ryan

    Digne Maitland-Niles Soyuncu Zinchenko Lundstram

    Sterling cebellos Mane Cantwell dendonker

    Aguero haller Abraham

    Next week looks decent fixtures wise for me

    There is not a whole lot wrong with that
    Defence is getting ropey
    I’d downgrade at least one of the big 3 right down to 4.5 and/or kelly and then upgrade cellabos


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭ mugsymugsy


    eh i dunno wrote: »
    Right it's getting desperate for me now. What do I do with this lot

    Pope Ryan

    Digne Maitland-Niles Soyuncu Zinchenko Lundstram

    Sterling cebellos Mane Cantwell dendonker

    Aguero haller Abraham

    Next week looks decent fixtures wise for me

    Maitland niles will likely lose his spot to bellerin soon and zinchenko has Mendy competing with him so bare that in mind.

    Agree about km view on upgrade on ceballos if you can squeeze funds from other places.


  • Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭ eh i dunno


    mugsymugsy wrote: »
    Maitland niles will likely lose his spot to bellerin soon and zinchenko has Mendy competing with him so bare that in mind.

    Agree about km view on upgrade on ceballos if you can squeeze funds from other places.

    Thanks, all 3 were on my to go list alright.


  • Registered Users Posts: 33,709 Cantona's Collars


    Tierney might get a run against United.


  • Registered Users Posts: 19,792 ✭✭✭✭ PARlance


    dsmythy wrote: »
    People were saying they had lots of aways this week. I had 8... Maybe no surprise the average is so low. The average might spring back next week with the home game glut.

    Though I'd rather a bit more mix than the all or nothing each week at the moment.

    I suppose that with Liverpool and City on the same rotation (until GW11), it's going to be like that. I've 6 from those 2.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47,770 ✭✭✭✭ km79


    mugsymugsy wrote: »
    Maitland niles will likely lose his spot to bellerin soon and zinchenko has Mendy competing with him so bare that in mind.

    Agree about km view on upgrade on ceballos if you can squeeze funds from other places.

    Digne would be the meat priority imo
    At least his place is safe and even yday he got close to assists
    Zinchenko was so poor yday
    Himself AMN go first for me
    Then upgrade cellabos
    You will prob end up keeping digne for a few weeks which is fine


  • Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭ Shedite27


    Have a pre-planned transfer this week, Van Annholt - Alexander-Arnold

    Lined up for something drastic to happen midweek and throw that plan up in the air


  • Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ ThunbergsAreGo


    Ward to Tomori

    Seems almost too easy


  • Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭ ShimSlady


    Pope (Heaton)

    Tierney, Guilbert, Lundstram (Soyunchu, Aurier)

    KDB, Salah, Sterling, Mount (Cantwell)

    Abraham, Haller, Barnes

    2.3 million in the bank. Seems like a good opportunity to bank a transfer ahead of the international break


  • Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭ sheroman01


    Salah out for Sterling most likely. Will wait for Sterlings price drop (if it happens).


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭ Chesty08


    Ward to Tomori

    Seems almost too easy

    I would not be doing this. Palace will run Chelsea close on clean sheets kept. It’s not the Chelsea of old. Palace are dogged & when they do keep clean sheets defenders get bonus


  • Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ ThunbergsAreGo


    Chesty08 wrote: »
    Ward to Tomori

    Seems almost too easy

    I would not be doing this. Palace will run Chelsea close on clean sheets kept. It’s not the Chelsea of old. Palace are dogged & when they do keep clean sheets defenders get bonus

    I agree over the season, great Chelsea run and a tough few for Palace upcoming. Struggle to see a Palace clean till 14.


  • Registered Users Posts: 5,259 ✭✭✭ dr.kenneth noisewater


    Will see how Cebellos gets on tonight but think I'll bank for another week for 2FT after the International break


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭ Chuck Noland


    Pope Heaton
    Robo Ota Rico Son Ludstrum
    Sterling Mane Pepe Hayden* Douglas Luiz*
    Kun Pukki Greenwood

    Hayden and Douglas to move on gives me 9.2 itb and 2ft’s who are the best 4.5 ish midfielders do people think for my squad ?


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭ CSWS101


    What are people's opinions on Norwich assets?
    Didn't get to watch them at the weekend but the points have really dried up. x2 blanks from Cantwell & Pukki. Considering Haller & McGinn as replacement, will definitely go for one. Think doubling up on Norwich was ambitious but their value is a big plus.


Advertisement