Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 8 Transfer Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

CSWS101 wrote: »
    What are people's opinions on Norwich assets?
    Didn't get to watch them at the weekend but the points have really dried up. x2 blanks from Cantwell & Pukki. Considering Haller & McGinn as replacement, will definitely go for one. Think doubling up on Norwich was ambitious but their value is a big plus.

They have 8 goals and 4 assists between them. With the exception of Pukkis goal at Anfield on the opening night, all have been in home games.

Probably worth holding this week for Villa at home and re-assess then.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Pope Heaton
    Robo Ota Rico Son Ludstrum
    Sterling Mane Pepe Hayden* Douglas Luiz*
    Kun Pukki Greenwood

Hayden and Douglas to move on gives me 9.2 itb and 2ft’s who are the best 4.5 ish midfielders do people think for my squad ?

Pochettino is doing some work as manager. Converting Harry Kane to a centre mid and Son to a centre-half.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Pochettino is doing some work as manager. Converting Harry Kane to a centre mid and Son to a centre-half.

Ha ha ha

Soy.... stupid auto correct! Any ideas on replacements?

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Ha ha ha

Soy.... stupid auto correct! Any ideas on replacements?

It seems a waste replacing two 4.5 midfielders with like-for-like replacements.

Just do Hayden to Dendoncker and save the other transfer.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭CSWS101

Benimar wrote: »
    They have 8 goals and 4 assists between them. With the exception of Pukkis goal at Anfield on the opening night, all have been in home games.

Probably worth holding this week for Villa at home and re-assess then.

Yeah will hold another week and then see. Their injury list is still very worrying though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,201 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Didn't get to watch them at the weekend but the points have really dried up. x2 blanks from Cantwell & Pukki. Considering Haller & McGinn as replacement, will definitely go for one. Think doubling up on Norwich was ambitious but their value is a big plus.

Seem to be great at home for scoring points, terrible away

I have Cantwell only and will probably only play him when they're playing at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Pope Heaton
    Robo Ota Rico Son Ludstrum
    Sterling Mane Pepe Hayden* Douglas Luiz*
    Kun Pukki Greenwood

Hayden and Douglas to move on gives me 9.2 itb and 2ft’s who are the best 4.5 ish midfielders do people think for my squad ?

I'd keep one transfer instead of using them on your 2 low priority mid spots.
    Structurally, Greenwood needs an upgrade for when you want to play 3 at the back. If your happy to go with 4 at the back then one of Hayden/Luiz could be upgraded instead.

Unless your doing an aggressive Mane/Greenwood to Mason/Abraham type move a single transfer that releases funds would be my suggestion with an eye on a double transfer during IB.

One GK would release 0.5M for example.
    We have one 3.9M defender, a 4.3M mid and the cheapest forward is 4.4M atm.

-8 fail last week but ill be banking this one

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Ceballos -> McGinn might be my only move this week depending on tonight. Ceballos is the cheapest way into Arsenal, but a rotation risk whereas McGinn will play every game and is looking incredibly dangerous!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Cebellos Zinchenko Maitland-Niles now all done for me. Too much rotation

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭patmac

Hayden to Saka for me 4.5m Mid who starts for Arsenal tonight. Very impressive in the Europa League recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

patmac wrote: »
    Hayden to Saka for me 4.5m Mid who starts for Arsenal tonight. Very impressive in the Europa League recently.

Didn’t even know he was a mid
    Interesting
    Must
    Resist
    Urge
    And
    Bank

• Registered Users Posts: 19,661 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

I think Norwich lads will dry up, so wouldn't be getting them in if didn't have them.

Don't see the love for Haller - 2 of his goals came against Watford who are terrible, and another goal v Norwich who can't defend. There are other assets in the west ham team giving better returns for cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,359 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Unless PEA does something in the second half I'll probably get rid of him, superb player but in an awful team.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭crushproof

That's it, Cebellos is out. Woeful

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

patmac wrote: »

Might do the same thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 12,400 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Ace2007 wrote: »
    I think Norwich lads will dry up, so wouldn't be getting them in if didn't have them.

Don't see the love for Haller - 2 of his goals came against Watford who are terrible, and another goal v Norwich who can't defend. There are other assets in the west ham team giving better returns for cheaper.

Norwich are a bunch of homers. They just had 2 away games, hence the drought. They'll be consistent enough over the season and pose decent value for the money invested.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Ceballos to yarmolenko - easiest transfer of the year

• Registered Users Posts: 8,096 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

siblers wrote: »
    Unless PEA does something in the second half I'll probably get rid of him, superb player but in an awful team.

He has pretty great upcoming fixtures right up until Christmas week. I’m toying with the idea to bring him in for Kun to help me get TAA in defence.

Are you still selling after last night?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,636 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Is Aguero and Mount > Sterling and Pukki.

Norwich vs villa this weekend has me considering holding on to Pukki for 1 more week.

And knowing my luck if I did press ahead with the transfer Pep will probably rest Aguero this gw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭elefant

Is Aguero and Mount > Sterling and Pukki.

Norwich vs villa this weekend has me considering holding on to Pukki for 1 more week.

And knowing my luck if I did press ahead with the transfer Pep will probably rest Aguero this gw.

This format very much looks like you're buying Sterling and Pukki.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,359 ✭✭✭✭siblers

He has pretty great upcoming fixtures right up until Christmas week. I’m toying with the idea to bring him in for Kun to help me get TAA in defence.

I'd say not but still not convinced by Arsenal . He only gets a fraction of the chances Kun gets. He's nailed on which is more than can be said about Kun

• Registered Users Posts: 15,125 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I'm actually thinking of something in the opposite- selling TAA in order to bring Auba in, alongside Aguero. May wait til after the Leicester game tho.

AdMMM wrote: »
    Ceballos -> McGinn might be my only move this week depending on tonight. Ceballos is the cheapest way into Arsenal, but a rotation risk whereas McGinn will play every game and is looking incredibly dangerous!
    Pulled my trigger on this. Annoying because he's on set-pieces when he's playing!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Wildcard last week so holding my transfer. Keeping an eye on Pukki over the next few games, might have to ship him out as it looks like defences have figured him out. Hope I'm wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Pulled my trigger on this. Annoying because he's on set-pieces when he's playing!

He didn’t take any/many last night
    Willock took all the corners when he came on

• Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Some absolutely awful set pieces from him last night

• Registered Users Posts: 8,096 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

I'd say not but still not convinced by Arsenal . He only gets a fraction of the chances Kun gets. He's nailed on which is more than can be said about Kun

True, he got very little ball last night. Can imagine it’s torture watching him when having him in your team. His stats along with fixtures seem very appealing. Not too pushed to get rid of Kun but Jesus is sniping around now and I’ve got KDB and Sterling.

TAA would be handy to have too though I’ve VVD and a couple of tough fixtures coming up. I’ve still got the wildcard if I do get rid of Kun if he’s needed back.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭HarryStuby

The last person I would be getting rid of

• Advertisement

km79 wrote: »
    He didn’t take any/many last night
    Willock took all the corners when he came on
    Yeah there looked to be a bit of uncertainty around that, didn't there? Cellabos was always running over to the corner flag, not to be the short option but shouting to take the corner.

Advertisement