Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What PlayStation games are you playing ?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'm back playing Astrobot Rescue Mission, after leaving it down for a long while.
    It's pretty great the closest Sony have gotten, since Tearaway on the Vita, to that Nintendo special sauce that makes their platformers better than everyone elses.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,832 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Finished Last of Us II. Very disappointed. The amount of cutscenes and notes to be read was ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,808 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Bought Subnautica last night after mulling about it for ages. Game does not hold you hand in the slightest. I had to die of starvation before I Googled to find out you just catch fish, and then a subsequent Google to find you use the Replicator to cook them... So started again with a few tips, and still feel completely lost! Got the small sub thingy built last, and went for a little spin. It's not a very strong yoke, couple of fish hopping off it and it's lost half armor already...

Anyway, seems good, and my progress is only going to be halted by my reluctance to go places because it's scary... However, on the Pro, the draw distance is shocking. Stuff popping into view as I get nearer, Islands that should be visible from standing on my pod don't show until you're fairly close to them... I honestly didn't think there were Islands at all until I came across one by accident. From the top of the pod it just looks like open water as far as the eye can see.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,644 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Not buying any new games til the 5 arrives so working on the plus back catalogue, started Rise of the Tomb Raider a few days ago, smashing little game and it looks bloody gorgeous even though its 5 years old.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Bought Subnautica last night after mulling about it for ages. Game does not hold you hand in the slightest. I had to die of starvation before I Googled to find out you just catch fish, and then a subsequent Google to find you use the Replicator to cook them... So started again with a few tips, and still feel completely lost! Got the small sub thingy built last, and went for a little spin. It's not a very strong yoke, couple of fish hopping off it and it's lost half armor already...

Anyway, seems good, and my progress is only going to be halted by my reluctance to go places because it's scary... However, on the Pro, the draw distance is shocking. Stuff popping into view as I get nearer, Islands that should be visible from standing on my pod don't show until you're fairly close to them... I honestly didn't think there were Islands at all until I came across one by accident. From the top of the pod it just looks like open water as far as the eye can see.

I'll tell you now, the islands are not meant to be visible when you're on your pod. At the most its a haze of clouds in the distance, but the idea is to make it look like there is nothing around you.

• Advertisement

Yeah, the draw distance is starting to bug me, and it's even worse underwater. Be flying along in my sub and stuff is popping up in front of me. Hopefully it'll improve on the PS5, because I can't imagine I'll be finished before then at the pace I'm going. Still a good game though, just need to find something that can kill fish that attack me, can't go into a cave without something exploding or biting me.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,795 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Styx Master of Shadows

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Giving arkham knight a lash again as it was the first ps4 game to blow me away with it's immersion, so getting used to it so when my ps5 arrives in the next week or so the jump up in generation will be huge (hopefully)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

Picked up Little Hope today and have a backlog of Wolfenstien old blood, kingdom hearts 2 & 3 and also have to start fallout 76 so i *should* be ok until xmas at least

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭TinCanMan

Assassin's Creed Syndicate. Haven't played an Assassin's creed in years but saw this on sale for €9.99 with really good reviews and fancied something different. I'm not far into it but the graphics and gameplay are excellent and the characters are likeable which helps.

• Advertisement

That's the one ubisoft listed as not working on PS5, though seems now they pulled that post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Yesterday I finished Control (Xbox One but thought I would mention as it's on PS4 as well) and was very disappointed with it, couldn't get the hype. Technically, even after a year it is prone to frame rate drops, the odd crash and long loading times. Gameplay wise it's okay, not much variety and Launch is very OP. Some of the checkpointing can be a pain, needing to run through empty areas to get back to some of the side bosses if you die. A 7/10 game for me.

Now, some of my disappointment may be because the game I finished before that was Batman Return to Arkham: Arkham Asylum (PS4). I'm late to it of course but it is still a great game, really enjoyed it with a lot more depth and variety than Control. Highly recommend.

Now I have started playing Outer Worlds, just about an hour into it but it feels great, a throwback to New Vegas but with what seems like faster combat. Reckon I'll take this one slow and explore the side-quests.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭coolisin

coolisin wrote: »
    Playing the Order 1886, picked it up at some stage on sale.
    its good, i was expecting to blast through it, but i've found a couple challenging parts in it, aiming and overpowered enemies.

Graphically it holds up. But I suspect Im not too far away from the end, so i can see why €60 would have hurt.
    I really enjoyed that game. The world and story was amazing. Let down with terrible "boss" encounters.
    Would love if they handed the IP to some other development house cos i'd love a sequel.

So Id forgotten to go back to quickly finish this, was a little further from the end then I expected, but got to complete it at the weekend.
    What a sequel could have being.

As said boss encounters are terrible and the final boss is kinda stupid, but the look and feel of the world is really good.

Pity I would like someone to pick it up, but I imagine there is nobody willing to touch it.
    Anyway got my €10 out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Sirsok

After playing Spyro remaster and loving it, and res evil 2 and loving it. I bought another game from my childhood and that was the Tony Hawk game.

After an hour of play I can safely say it doesnt hit the nostalgic buzz i thought it would . 17 levels and I have completed 7 in 40 minutes.

Would be grand if on sale for a tenner. But i picled it up for just over €40. Genuinely had more fun playing THUG and THPS4 last year on my ps2.

Sirsok wrote: »
    After playing Spyro remaster and loving it, and res evil 2 and loving it. I bought another game from my childhood and that was the Tony Hawk game.

After an hour of play I can safely say it doesnt hit the nostalgic buzz i thought it would . 17 levels and I have completed 7 in 40 minutes.

Would be grand if on sale for a tenner. But i picled it up for just over €40. Genuinely had more fun playing THUG and THPS4 last year on my ps2.

I recently played THUG and THUG2 on PS2, the games are still really fun, hold up really well, great soundtracks too and ill probably hold out on the remake to drop in price before i pick up.

I see kingdom come: deliverance is on sale, anyone play it? Worth picking up?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭ronano

Sackboy - joy to play, addictive gameplay and sweet game

bmorrissey wrote: »
    I see kingdom come: deliverance is on sale, anyone play it? Worth picking up?

Do you like things so real that helmets hinder your vision and you're basically crap at everything until you've done it so much that you're not longer crap, but still not good? Then this is the game for you.

Will take serious effort and even more time, so I gave up at 15 hours and was still at the "tutorial" as such... Hats off to them, they created a huge game, but it's just too "real" for my liking.

Gave Bugsnax a go, but not the game for me. Seem to have been sucked back into No Mans Sky on the 5. Silky smooth, a proper draw distance and very little loading.

Decided to throw on Bugsnax. Just starting it so no opinion yet

Do you like things so real that helmets hinder your vision and you're basically crap at everything until you've done it so much that you're not longer crap, but still not good? Then this is the game for you.

Will take serious effort and even more time, so I gave up at 15 hours and was still at the "tutorial" as such... Hats off to them, they created a huge game, but it's just too "real" for my liking.

Hmm, maybe not for me then, the time it takes up would be the main issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭The___________

Spiderman Miles Morales - really enjoying this. Only issue I have is that it will probably be a little short in terms of length as it is not a full blown sequel.

Swinging around at 4K 60FPS feels great, combat with Miles's new powers is really fun.

Fast traveling is now instantaneous and makes chasing down collectables or side missions much easier.

I will probably Platinum this.

Does anyone have any opinion on Demon Souls? Not sure if I should pick it up or wait for a future sale.

The Order 1886. Still need to get a hang of the different types of QTEs

CastorTroy wrote: »

Still waiting for that to come free on Plus or Now!

Playing mainly No Mans Sky on PS5, with some little bits of Maneater. NMS is really quick to load anything now, so even harder to peel myself away from it. Maneater is... meh.

Concrete Genie. I do like these kinds of smaller games with cool ideas like this and Rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Pridedemon

Red Dead Redemption 2 right now but just finished Nier: Automata and Horizon: Zero Dawn before that. All class games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭coolisin

CastorTroy wrote: »

The move the Right stick instead caught me by surprise on a number of them!
    Still waiting for that to come free on Plus or Now!

Playing mainly No Mans Sky on PS5, with some little bits of Maneater. NMS is really quick to load anything now, so even harder to peel myself away from it. Maneater is... meh.

I was waiting and waiting, decided to pull the trigger on €10.
    Now all I want is a sequel :D

Yeah dunno how many times I hit the wrong button or direction.
    I picked it up for a tenner as well since there was no sign of it going to Plus
    Though now I've finished it, expect it in January

• Registered Users Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭Barna77

Final Fantasy 7, the original

Damn you Sephiroth

• Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Just recently beat Def Jam Vendetta on PS2. Playing Fight for New York now. I forgot how good these games were and I only realised in the last few years that they were made by AKI Corporation, the same crowd who made No Mercy on the N64. It makes sense now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,651 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

I'm a few hours into Spidey remastered now, and I've come to the sad realisation that I am no longer "good" at action games. :( The dexterity and reflexes I once had are no more. Good game though!

Advertisement