Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jobs Vacant/Help Needed Requests.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

Clink Hotel on Dublin St.'re hiring.

Sandwich Baord outside front door/main entrance indicates Chefs & (all kinds/grades of) Staff reqd.

Info@theClinkBoutiqueHotel.com with CVs, Cover Letters.

They're due to open in July.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭denis160

Teddys cafe in fairgreen looking for staff too, minimum 2 years experience, advertised on Facebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 hairfairy

Lynda Maher Hair Studio, Tullow Street Carlow

We are now recruiting for our busy award winning Salon....Full & Part Time Positions Available for 3rd & 4th Trainees & Stylists.

Excellent Training Opportunities

PM on Facebook "Lynda Maher Hair Studio" your details and experience

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 345 ✭✭Tea Shock

Anyone interested in a job as in IT desk-side support in Carlow town?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Smitherines

Anyone know of any part time retail/restaurant work available right now in Carlow? I'm a student and could really use some extra cash. Don't have much prior work experience in these areas but I'm a hard worker and have a pretty flexible schedule if anyone is looking for someone too.

• Advertisement

Anyone know of any part time retail/restaurant work available right now in Carlow? I'm a student and could really use some extra cash. Don't have much prior work experience in these areas but I'm a hard worker and have a pretty flexible schedule if anyone is looking for someone too.

Do you drive? Apache're hiring.

Can you work a till? Milanos're hiring for a cashier (and the food's nom fricking nom nom and not just at chucking out time!).

Nokia6230i wrote: »
    Do you drive? Apache're hiring.

Can you work a till? Milanos're hiring for a cashier (and the food's nom fricking nom nom and not just at chucking out time!).

Yes I do drive. Thanks for the heads up I'll go in and give both a try.

Costa're hiring; P/T Staff're reqd. for their bigger business beside ALDI/opp. Hanover Retail Pk. https://www.gumtree.ie/a-bar-restaurant-hotel/carlow/costa-coffee-carlow-requires-part-time-team-member/1002666175300911162548009

An Post're hiring TV Licence Inspectors & Provident on Burrin St.'re always looking for Money Lenders/Debt Collectors.

There's a number of useful sites like Jobs. ie where you can narrow your search down to Carlow or by career and I know Carlow Jobs Club and other Carlow Jobs type pages post regularly (and by regularly I mean a number of times daily).

If CE Schemes or TUS Programmes come up go for them; they're an extra 20 a week and 19.5 hours which is p/t; now they could be front loaded or spread across the week and indeed the weekend (think they can be across the 7 days depending on the gig like with Cathedral Parish CLG CE Scheme can be some weeks).

Don't mention to CE or TUS you're a student; get the gig and once you start back in the IT let 'em know you're unavailable on Day X and/or from Time X to Time Y etc.; you may be able swing the gig this way depending on days or times reqd.

Costa're hiring; P/T Staff're reqd. for their bigger business beside ALDI/opp. Hanover Retail Pk. https://www.gumtree.ie/a-bar-restaurant-hotel/carlow/costa-coffee-carlow-requires-part-time-team-member/1002666175300911162548009

An Post're hiring TV Licence Inspectors & Provident on Burrin St.'re always looking for Money Lenders/Debt Collectors.

There's a number of useful sites like Jobs. ie where you can narrow your search down to Carlow or by career and I know Carlow Jobs Club and other Carlow Jobs type pages post regularly (and by regularly I mean a number of times daily).

If CE Schemes or TUS Programmes come up go for them; they're an extra 20 a week and 19.5 hours which is p/t; now they could be front loaded or spread across the week and indeed the weekend (think they can be across the 7 days depending on the gig like with Cathedral Parish CLG CE Scheme can be some weeks).

Don't mention to CE or TUS you're a student; get the gig and once you start back in the IT let 'em know you're unavailable on Day X and/or from Time X to Time Y etc.; you may be able swing the gig this way depending on days or times reqd.

Thanks for the info

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Thanks for the info

KFC is also looking for part time workers - https://www.jobalert.ie/job/team-members-team-leaders-and-cooks-kfc-carlow-retail-park/

Jobalert.ie and their carlow facebook page is always a good one to keep an eye on - https://www.facebook.com/carlowjobalert/

• Advertisement

tommycahir wrote: »
    KFC is also looking for part time workers - https://www.jobalert.ie/job/team-members-team-leaders-and-cooks-kfc-carlow-retail-park/

Jobalert.ie and their carlow facebook page is always a good one to keep an eye on - https://www.facebook.com/carlowjobalert/
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭OMM 0000

Trainee Fibre Optic Splicer required in Graiguecullen.

Previous fibre optic splicing experience an advantage but not essential.

https://carlowjobs.ie/job/13948436

• Registered Users Posts: 60,291 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

JD Wetherspoons staff recruitment day will take place on Friday, January 4, between 10am and 4pm in Carlow Town.

I didn't see where they are holding so keep an eye out around town.

Ad on noticeboard in Carlow Library.

Can post image but here's the text > "Urgent Vacancy!!! A new place is opening in Carlow! Start Shift on May 1st 2019. Please call this number! 0899421116. Requirements: 1. PSA Security Licence (Door Preferable). 2. Flexible for 3 or 4 nights in a week. 3. Energetic, Hard Working and Customer Friendly. Be an early applicant."

Hard to think it's for anything other than 'Spoons given the starting date.

'Spoons're hiring!

Kitchen Staff is already being advertised.

€10.31 p/h starting off rising to a pay increase after 13 weeks.

I presume this "Under 21`s may attract a lower rate of pay" bit's legal? Think it's to do with perceived lack of experience?

Here's the full spec > https://www.wetherspoonjobs.ie/recru...ementId=391828

Apply here > https://www.wetherspoonjobs.ie/recruitment/vacancySearch.php

Ploughing; Gate Mgt., Crowd Control, Wristbanders & Ticketing Staff all reqd. for the 3 days.

Recruitment Open Day THIS FRIDAY the 16th of August in the Seven Oaks from 10am to 6pm.

Text the number in the photo with Carlow & your FULL NAME & they'll fire back further details > https://www.facebook.com/OSSCompany.ie/photos/gm.372297207001843/2659189127447403/?type=3&theater (should open even if not on Fake Book)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 irelandnb

Job Description

The role involves Italian inbound and outbound call management, lead qualification, customer satisfaction surveying, market intelligence gathering, assisting with market research, sales and lead generation campaigns on behalf of some of the world's leading technology companies.

Generate, qualify and nurture leads from databases into the Italian region.
    Organize follow up calls and face-to-face meetings with well-qualified sales leads on behalf of clients.
    Taking personal ownership of achieving project individual and team targets.
    Accurately reporting, in written English devoid of typos, errors and casual language, call outcomes in designated campaign databases.
    Professional emails to prospects and clients.
    Assistance with development of campaign call guides.
    Representing some of the world’s leading technology firms by conducting outbound and inbound marketing and telemarketing campaigns.
    Interviewing business and IT decision makers in corporations.
    Identifying and qualifying new sales opportunities for our clients via email, social media, digital marketing and telephone communications.
    Web and phone market research, digital marketing initiatives.
    Conducting market survey campaigns on behalf of a range of clients into the Italian region.
    Key Requirements:

Italian as a first language & fluent English
    Ideally sales experience or customer service experience
    Use of leading CRM and good IT skills: CRM, Microsoft (Excel, Word, Outlook)
    Good communication and writing skills.
    Positive attitude and ability to learn
    What we offer:

Regular performance bonuses.
    Opportunities for growth, training and development.
    Progression opportunities.
    Training on a range of sales, marketing and technology areas.

Salary: Competitive

Terms: Permanent, Part Time (up to 30 hours)

You can apply through their website maventm.com

irelandnb wrote: »
    Job Description

The role involves Italian inbound and outbound call management, lead qualification, customer satisfaction surveying, market intelligence gathering, assisting with market research, sales and lead generation campaigns on behalf of some of the world's leading technology companies.

Generate, qualify and nurture leads from databases into the Italian region.
    Organize follow up calls and face-to-face meetings with well-qualified sales leads on behalf of clients.
    Taking personal ownership of achieving project individual and team targets.
    Accurately reporting, in written English devoid of typos, errors and casual language, call outcomes in designated campaign databases.
    Professional emails to prospects and clients.
    Assistance with development of campaign call guides.
    Representing some of the world’s leading technology firms by conducting outbound and inbound marketing and telemarketing campaigns.
    Interviewing business and IT decision makers in corporations.
    Identifying and qualifying new sales opportunities for our clients via email, social media, digital marketing and telephone communications.
    Web and phone market research, digital marketing initiatives.
    Conducting market survey campaigns on behalf of a range of clients into the Italian region.
    Key Requirements:

Italian as a first language & fluent English
    Ideally sales experience or customer service experience
    Use of leading CRM and good IT skills: CRM, Microsoft (Excel, Word, Outlook)
    Good communication and writing skills.
    Positive attitude and ability to learn
    What we offer:

Regular performance bonuses.
    Opportunities for growth, training and development.
    Progression opportunities.
    Training on a range of sales, marketing and technology areas.

Salary: Competitive

Terms: Permanent, Part Time (up to 30 hours)

You can apply through their website

"You can apply through their website"; you might want to say who or which company THEY are so an applicant can apply to whatever company it is online.

Maven?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 irelandnb

"You can apply through their website"; you might want to say who or which company THEY are so an applicant can apply to whatever company it is online.

Maven?
    I could not add the link at I do not have enough posts on boards maventm.com

irelandnb wrote: »
    I could not add the link at I do not have enough posts on boards maventm.com

No problem. HR@Maventm.com & link here >
    https://www.maventm.com/current-vacancies?hsCtaTracking=02b3e716-61e1-4559-8a51-9387cf416b2f%7Caa93cf18-0f11-4340-89f4-b021910e5198

• Advertisement

Wanna work with KCLR? They're hiring for a stand in/part-time presenter for their flagship morning show KCLR Live 10am-12 Noon and also a f-t producer for same > https://kclr96fm.com/fancy-a-job-with-us-were-looking-for-a-full-time-producer-stand-in-presenter/

The IT're hiring; gigs like Risk & Compliance Officer, Research Asst., Associate Lecturers in various modules (they don't call 'em subjects once you're out of Secondary School it seems....), Lecturer/Asst. Lecturer, Project Manager in Information Systems, Product Designer and a gig that's highly accessible to most; P/t Exam Invigilators.

Did the latter in the past; good craic & quare handy money; anyone want an insight post here or PM me; flexibility's important as you could be in for Summer Exams (2-3 weeks in May), August (Autumnal Repeats), sometimes Christmas/December Exams and maybe New Year/January ones too; then there's Open Days, Graduations etc.; but not a lot of commitment's reqd.; there's normally a Summer Wrap where they seek feedback & deal with issues such as er "Exam Manipulation" and try improve detections, deal with things like speed of handing out of papers etc.; you'll be fed & watered that particular day on them too which is cushty; only takes 1-2 hours normally.

Here's the link to all the positions > https://www.itcarlow.ie/vacancies.htm?p/1

For anyone looking for p/t work Bubble Tea (the stand or kiosk just inside the door in Fairgreen) are hiring currently; they currently operate on 1 P/T who's in 3rd Level Education & the owner/manager who's f-t; ideally (from speaking to her) looking for someone to do M-F daytime & occasional S&S to give her a break; ideally have 2 on at all times; between 3 Staff this should be possible.

Also Subway on Tullow St.'re hiring p-t staff too.

Hickson's SuperValu in Tullow, Carlow are looking for a Baker/confectioner.

"We are looking to recruit a baker confectioner in our store. 1-2 years experience is essential in this role. Applicants need to have a good knowledge of baking and decorating of all cakes. This is a full time position which includes weekend work."

Please apply at https://carlowjobs.ie/job/14098112/baker-confectioner

A COUNTY CARLOW BASED COMPANY is seeking to hire an experienced production operative to join our production team.

The role would be on an initial 6 month probationary period

Required Qualities:

* Must be fluent in English
    * A minimum of 2 years experience working on a production line is preferred
    * Due to the physicality of the role, a basic level of health & fitness is required
    * Flexible approach to working various shift patterns
    * Team player
    * Quality Control experience is desired but not essential.
    * Own Transport essential

Applications to Carlowjob2020@gmail.com or apply online at https://carlowjobs.ie/job/14121092/production-operative

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭hadepsx

Can anyone pm me a number/details for a good local mechanic. Even a reliable mechanic who does it from their home. I need work on my car by someone who won't charge an arm and a leg. I've went to mb recovery, John costigan, and fast track so far. They were either rude, looking for too much money or didn't bother getting back to me with prices, not wanting my business basically. So I would appreciate any help. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,660 ✭✭✭✭maccored

hadepsx wrote: »
    Can anyone pm me a number/details for a good local mechanic. Even a reliable mechanic who does it from their home. I need work on my car by someone who won't charge an arm and a leg. I've went to mb recovery, John costigan, and fast track so far. They were either rude, looking for too much money or didn't bother getting back to me with prices, not wanting my business basically. So I would appreciate any help. Thanks.

bc motors in ballickmoyler - http://bc-motors.car-servicing.motors.carlow.tel/

Unsure if there's a specific "Gyms in Carlow" thread but can someone recommend any to me?

Was upstairs in Best Body Fitness on Friday & I like the look of the place; would rather somewhere town centre as it's where I'm based & doesn't make sense for me to be cycling/walking out to say, Silver Backs or Talbot or even Eire Og for example to be doing same thing once inside.....or does it?

Have shed about 2.5-3 Stone since beginning of year just by walking the bejayney out of myself but am hitting a glass ceiling/brick wall in terms of my times/fitness; I do a 3.08 Km route & I'm always hovering around 28-29 for Laps 1, 2 & 3 & can't get it under the 28; I want to ultimately end up doing it in between 25 & 27 even if that's still not what most people would do it in but I'm coming from a low ebb fitness wise.

Not aiming to do 5 or 10ks but would like to aim for Darkness Into Light 2021 & do it without trepidation which is what's put me off in previous years; if it happened today I'd knock it out of the park mind.

Energie Fitness on Kennedy Ave; what's their going rate monthly? €29.99?

Best Body quoted me €5 Walk In, €10 Weekly, €39 Monthly, €109 3 Months, €189 6 Months & €299 for 2 Years; this sound good? It does to me...

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Delirah

Anyone know of any part time office admin type jobs in the Carlow area?

• Advertisement

Unsure if there's a specific "Gyms in Carlow" thread but can someone recommend any to me?

Was upstairs in Best Body Fitness on Friday & I like the look of the place; would rather somewhere town centre as it's where I'm based & doesn't make sense for me to be cycling/walking out to say, Silver Backs or Talbot or even Eire Og for example to be doing same thing once inside.....or does it?

Have shed about 2.5-3 Stone since beginning of year just by walking the bejayney out of myself but am hitting a glass ceiling/brick wall in terms of my times/fitness; I do a 3.08 Km route & I'm always hovering around 28-29 for Laps 1, 2 & 3 & can't get it under the 28; I want to ultimately end up doing it in between 25 & 27 even if that's still not what most people would do it in but I'm coming from a low ebb fitness wise.

Not aiming to do 5 or 10ks but would like to aim for Darkness Into Light 2021 & do it without trepidation which is what's put me off in previous years; if it happened today I'd knock it out of the park mind.

Energie Fitness on Kennedy Ave; what's their going rate monthly? €29.99?

Best Body quoted me €5 Walk In, €10 Weekly, €39 Monthly, €109 3 Months, €189 6 Months & €299 for 2 Years; this sound good? It does to me...

Empower fitness is fantastic. The team there are really helpful and the facilities are top notch. They also have loads of different classes included in the membership

Advertisement