Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jobs Vacant/Help Needed Requests.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭tonyheaney

whats the story with traders/weathespoons that was meant to open in September, lots of radio coverage in June and nothing to show for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭D_BEAR

tonyheaney wrote: »
    whats the story with traders/weathespoons that was meant to open in September, lots of radio coverage in June and nothing to show for it.

They only applied for planning permission in july so was never going to be open in september. Was granted and thats now under appeal.
    http://www.eplanning.ie/CarlowCC/AppFileRefDetails/15197/0

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

Who's appealing it? Any way of finding out?

Would ABP be the people to go to find out who's making the appeal? Or is it Carlow Co Co I go to please? Thanks.

As an aside in Boscos on Tullow St., beside where Bon Appetit is, a new cafe type unit is opening; lost count of how many businesses have gone in there since Boscos was there; rates issue I wonder?

After all Bon Appetit is in business years now.

Heard McHughs Courthouse Hotel bought by Germaines in/of Baltinglass.

Ritz Hotel & the JT/John Tyndall being refurbished (latters licence coming from a Ra'villy Pub I think?) albeit at a slow enough rate.

Nokia6230i wrote: »
    Who's appealing it? Any way of finding out?

Would ABP be the people to go to find out who's making the appeal? Or is it Carlow Co Co I go to please? Thanks.

As an aside in Boscos on Tullow St., beside where Bon Appetit is, a new cafe type unit is opening; lost count of how many businesses have gone in there since Boscos was there; rates issue I wonder?

After all Bon Appetit is in business years now.

Ritz Hotel & the JT/John Tyndall being refurbished (latters licence coming from a Ra'villy Pub I think?) albeit at a slow enough rate.

I know first hand the sushi restaurant went down because the landlord was not willing to pay for roof repairs which then new lessees (is that right) didn't know about until it rained. So mostly down to stingy money grabbing landlords

where did you find that out and when do the plan to open?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

Former Darrers Stores/ Haddens has been sold.

The issue with Boscos was no Fire Escape from the kitchen apparently. Rates are extortionate in there, had a look at it in January.

Yes Germaines now own the Courthouse

D_BEAR wrote: »
    They only applied for planning permission in july so was never going to be open in september. Was granted and thats now under appeal.

I wonder who from... Not Carlow's favourite road building publican I hope

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭oscillating wildely

D_BEAR wrote: »

One could be extremely cynical and ask is there any difference between our favourite road building publican and the council?

Does said publican now have planning permission for his terrace?

In his magical cat park? Don't know to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 6,132 ✭✭✭screamer

Also saw work going on in the old Italian restaurant over the river on Monday. It's great to see things being opened but we need to support them to keep them in the town.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

screamer wrote: »
    Also saw work going on in the old Italian restaurant over the river on Monday. It's great to see things being opened but we need to support them to keep them in the town.

Just to get this back to jobs topic..
    That's Pimento a new Tapas restaurant and is actually looking for staff as per their facebook page
    https://www.facebook.com/Pimento-1560117094262117/?fref=ts

brianblaze wrote: »
    Former Darrers Stores/ Haddens has been sold.

The issue with Boscos was no Fire Escape from the kitchen apparently. Rates are extortionate in there, had a look at it in January.

Yes Germaines now own the Courthouse

NO FIRE ESCAPE???? WHATS THE HOL IN THE WALL THAT LEADS TO THE STREET OUTSIDE ? THE LANEWAY WITH COLES CYCLES??

sorry caps were on new wireless keyboard

• Registered Users Posts: 6,132 ✭✭✭screamer

tommycahir wrote: »
    Just to get this back to jobs topic..
    That's Pimento a new Tapas restaurant and is actually looking for staff as per their facebook page
    https://www.facebook.com/Pimento-1560117094262117/?fref=ts

Thanks for the unofficial moderation cause course I am the only one posting here about premises re opening .........

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

screamer wrote: »
    Thanks for the unofficial moderation cause course I am the only one posting here about premises re opening .........

Yeah sorry old habits die hard around this neck of the woods.. :o:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

Hey there, just wondering if anyone knows of any vacant positions in Carlow town? Ideally I'd prefer something admin-based but I would consider retail/hospitality too.

It's probably the wrong time of year to be looking, but any help at all would be greatly appreciated!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

Ilyana 2.0 wrote:
    Hey there, just wondering if anyone knows of any vacant positions in Carlow town? Ideally I'd prefer something admin-based but I would consider retail/hospitality too.

Might be some help I seen shaws had a notice in the window today looking for two people.

iano.p wrote: »
    Might be some help I seen shaws had a notice in the window today looking for two people.

Oh great, thanks so much :)

Abrakebabera (or however it's spelt!) looking for F/T & P/T Supervisors & Delivery Drivers.

Metro Grill on Tullow St. looking for staff; ad currently in the window.

Abrakebabera (or however it's spelt!) looking for F/T & P/T Supervisors & Delivery Drivers.

Metro Grill on Tullow St. looking for staff; ad currently in the window.

Abrakebabera has a very high turn over and for a very good reason

Tbh I'm not experienced enough for a supervisor role and I don't drive, so Abrakebabra is probably out anyway. I appreciate the suggestion though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭hadepsx

What do you mean by this as I'm interested in delivery driver position. Are they bad to work for?

hadepsx wrote: »
    What do you mean by this as I'm interested in delivery driver position. Are they bad to work for?

welll its not that they are bad to work for there is always one person that makes a job bad but they alway advertise for staff and don't always have the same staff when we going ever few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭hadepsx

welll its not that they are bad to work for there is always one person that makes a job bad but they alway advertise for staff and don't always have the same staff when we going ever few months.

So one of the staff is a bad egg or is it one of the managers?

hadepsx wrote: »
    So one of the staff is a bad egg or is it one of the managers?

all i know there's always a staff wanted in the window lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

Alot of chippers goes threw staff for loads of reasons. Drunk customers long late hours etc. You have to work hard in Abra. they are one of the few chippers that wash outside the shop every day and clean the whole shop also before they start some people don't like that side of the work.

Call it womans intuition or a hunch or whatever but I believe given this job posting, McHughs Courthouse Hotel is reopening (when is tbc).

Doesn't give a company name & I don't want to 2nd Guess the person/company behind it but Baltinglass, Wicklow at bottom of company profile should be a give-away.

Anyway good news for the hospitality industry & Dublin St. Hope something's done with the shop & accommodation that came/comes with the hotel across the street which're in s***e.

Staff reqd. in all areas of hospitality for exciting new hotel opening in Carlow > https://www.jobs.ie/ApplyForJob.aspx?Id=1560862

Deleted upon request

• Registered Users Posts: 60,299 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

CeX looking for staff in The Fairgreen.

They are replacing the Smartspot and pretty much do the same thing.

Edit; They are doing all day open interviews at Cafe 1 as well. (Sorry didn't see which day) Check the window if you are passing signs were being put up today.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,877 ✭✭✭patrickc

Ken Black on the Wexford road are looking for part time staff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭manor

Forklift drivers and pickers needed for Warehouse in Co Carlow/Co Kilkenny. Training given. Send CV to PRL Freashford road Kilkenny.

Advertisement