Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shocked how the guards didn't care about stolen wallet?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭lovelife92

They've taken whatever money was in it and threw away the wallet.
    Credit cards etc are not worth the aggravation for these people.

But move on! Be a little wiser next time you're carrying cash!

Will do!,

Jesus what sheltered backwater did you come from OP?

Haha well that would be telling

pebbles21 wrote: »
    Should have sent the Emergercy Responce Unit down straight away .. It's a disgrace Joe !!

Really should have like...

Drug use homeless everywhere assaults murders, feral gangs.
    People with hundreds of convictions wondering around free.

Getting new cards and cancelling the old ones should have been the first thing you did that is good advice from the Guards.

You did not suffer any injury in the cesspit that is our capital city.

What did you really expect OP and by the way I am sorry your wallet was stolen but that is the reality of life in a city like Dublin.

I am starting to hate Dublin city more and more...complete lack of respect among people. Can't let my guard down for a minute like...its not normal...if the guards took small crime more serious...things like this wouldn't happen as much....the fact that they don't care...makes the ones doing it feel invincible as well...recipe for disaster.

Policing in this country is a joke. They're more interested in getting to the chipper than to a crime scene.

Was assaulted a few years ago in a local nightclub. Turned around and a scumbag hit me a sly headbutt, knocked me clean out. There were at least 7 witnesses, two bouncers saw it, it was on CCTV. There was a Garda car outside so the bouncers said I should go over to them straight away to let them know what had happened. Tried to talk to them, the told me to get lost, that they have to be outside the club "in case something happens", I asked them is an assault came under something happening. They told me that if i didn't get away from the car they'd arrest me for a breach of the peace, and as my nose was bleeding, if I bled in the car on the way to the station they'd also charge me with damaging police property. Told me to phone an ambulance if I wanted a record of the incident happening that night and report it to my local station the next day.

Next day, went to my local station, was told there was absolutely nothing they could do as it happened in a different town. Went to the other towns Garda station, finally got to speak with a Garda, explained what happened, gave him the bouncers names and numbers, the bar managers name and number, explained that there was full CCTV of the incident, gave him the guy who'd headbutted me name and address.

His response was "Well what did you do?", I said nothing, I was ko'ed. He said, No to provoke it. Basically called me a liar and said he'd look into it. That was about ten years ago, still waiting.

Saw your man a few weeks later and beat the absolute shyte out of him.[/quote

Sometimes I really have no idea what they are getting paid for like...they just wander around a lot...take some notes( if your lucky) ...god like...they seem to get a bit annoyed if you are asking too much as well, but that was just bad out to be that nasty to you, no need for that like. To think they are the ones meant to help people I don't know its a scary city to me at this point. How can we rely on them? Yet self defense weapons are illegal apparently...I cannot even have pepper spray...complete joke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Das Reich

One time I got my card cloned at a chinese restaurant. After half hour that I payed the dinner, money started to be collected from Boston and Cape Town. After few days I discovered (went to cash at ATM but someone already cashed the 600 € limit a day). 2,000 € stolen that the bank refunded after few days. But the strange thing about all this story was when I went to the Garda, I was sure it was cloned at the chinese restaurant as I use my card only at tesco and lidl, and at the restaurant I had to insert my password two times, because the waitress did some mistake (she memorized my password). At the garda station they told me in other words just to f... off, that I must be happy enough that the bank would refund me the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,177 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

(It was either this or the Simpsons wallet inspector clip...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

lovelife92 wrote: »
    I am starting to hate Dublin city more and more...complete lack of respect among people. Can't let my guard down for a minute like...its not normal...if the guards took small crime more serious...things like this wouldn't happen as much....the fact that they don't care...makes the ones doing it feel invincible as well...recipe for disaster.

Unfortunately this type of crime is not isolated to Dublin, it's a world wide epidemic but you have to be careful out there and be savvy and become more aware of those around you. Personal safety is your responsibility.

Where out of curiosity was your wallet when it was stolen?

MAJJ wrote: »
    The Wallet Alert Tracking System

Hahahha

Jesus. I'm only on Page 2! Some slatin' goin' down! Remind me never to come to Boards to whinge about summat that got nicked! :eek::(

Ahh sure it is grand haha! I needed to vent about this anyway, ticked me right off!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Mr_Muffin

The country is like Mad Max.

What you need to is posse up (join a street gang) and start carrying concealed weapons on you at all times. The next time someone steals your wallet BAM. Game over.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

About 25 years ago, my cousin had a 2L Fiat Mirofiori robbed in Dublin. It was in awful condition - misfiring and leaking oil.
    He reported it to the guards and a few days later got a call from a guard who told him that they knew where the car was. It was in a garage owned by a member of a gang who were prolific post office robbers at the time. The guards reckoned it was going to be used in a robbery and asked him for a few more days, as they had the gang under observation and wanted to catch them in the robbery.
    As the car was a heap of crap, he agreed, but a week went by without him hearing anything back, so he rang the guard who was off duty. The guard eventually rang him back after another 5 days, and this time told him that they had lost track of the car. It was no longer in the garage and must have been moved during a shift change.
    He got another call 10 days later to say that they had found the car. It had been used in a robbery of a supermarket and was found abandoned in Finglas, and unusually, wasn't burnt out.
    When he finally got the car back, it had a different re-conditioned engine in it, and worked perfectly. He got another 4 years out of it and was delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Lost / had my wallet stolen twice this year, pointless reporting it, just cancelled ordered new cards asap.

One of 'em has come home.

q4.jpg

Advertisement