Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cyberpunk - CD Project Red

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

I think I will leave the Hype train for this, go dark on it until the release in april.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,281 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

You can play Skyrim and Fallout in third person though.

Wut? I don't think I ever have, nor would I going forward, use 3rd person. Too used to first person now. But genuinely didn't know you could play them 3rd person!

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭hellsing101

They're not the first to do it, nearly any FPS does it. Granted, with lobbies you see the character more, and with the replays, but in general you see the hands. I don't think of it as a big deal tbh, as long as the game is good.

Edit: Forgot to mention Fallout, you never see yourself in that outside of the odd kill scene. Skyrim is even worse, don't think they even have working mirrors.

It wont bother me personally nor most gamers id imagine, what I was getting at was all the hub bub around having all these different genders and the like, seems like that may have been to just win some woke brownie points now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,731 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Hard to believe this game has been in development for 6-7 years already, they must be going mental over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Wut? I don't think I ever have, nor would I going forward, use 3rd person. Too used to first person now. But genuinely didn't know you could play them 3rd person!

Third person Fallout 3 makes it feel somehow older. Its technically in the game but is a dour experience.
    If this was a third person game I'd be annoyed it was removed but I'm not overly bothered 3rd person cut scenes have been taken out.
    Same with the multiplayer, I just cant see it being a thing they will nail. People can say they're going the Rockstar model but to me it shows the dev team will prioritise the single player dlc & a separate team will work on the multiplayer. The delayed multiplayer release worked for GTA V but that's Grand Theft Auto not a new IP. Even Red Dead Online feels flat as a pancake now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

Oh dear. There's a bad whiff in the air...
    I forsee CDPR going full R* and not in a good way.

There's no money in future tech online play. Matrix games bombed, Battlefield 2047 always got negative talk. Read they got some money from the government of Poland to develop their games with more online capability. They should give that back.

Unless they are going to surprise us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Last I read about the online was that it was going to be asynchronous with some "invading" type options and a bar where it can act like a hub in an MMORPG. Also thought I read once that Dying Light online team or at least some devs were contracted for it so it could be similar to that. Maybe a cyberpsychosis invader...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭Varik

The cut scene they showed seems to suit the first person perspective.

I was just on reddit. Have to laugh. CDPR did some in-game art of a ladyboy on a horn drinking a fizzy drink. Some girl cosplayed that and threads are getting locked left right and center.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,901 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 423 ✭✭DarC_Kn1ght

Delayed until September 17th :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Oh well. There's always Animal Crossing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

It was always going to happen.

I wonder if it's to help them implement AMD ray-tracing with regards to PS5/Xbox Series X.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,756 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I knew it! the second Remake was delayed I knew cyberpunk would be as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,100 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

tumblr_meko8n2MAD1rpn6xxo1_400.gif

Disappointed it's delayed, but what are the chances there will be a next gen version when the ps5/xbox launch?

Disappointed it's delayed, but what are the chances there will be a next gen version when the ps5/xbox launch?

Would actually make me hold out for the rumoured October release date of ps5.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,717 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

One of the great things about the indie space is how release dates often aren’t announced until a few days beforehand. I know there are boring corporate reasons why release dates for AAA games are announced so far in advance despite the inevitable delays, but would be delightful for that practice to stop. Not out of any ‘delay rage’, but just because delays are the rule rather than the exception.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,403 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Goddammit

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Not that surprising these days. Witcher 3 was delayed by a few months (at least once) as well iirc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,553 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I gave them a pass last time which turned out to be deserved so I will definitely give them a pass this time as well if it is as polished

I went ahead and ordered a 2060 for this. That's arriving in a few days. It will be interesting I suppose to see what arrives graphic card wise in the mean time.

• Advertisement

I sorta put CP2077 out of my mind because of how long it was going to take. I made sure not to be even aware of its release month so I'm not feeling this delay at all. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

Glad to hear this, year was getting a bit too stacked. This will help spread things out.

Smiles35 wrote: »
    I went ahead and ordered a 2060 for this. That's arriving in a few days. It will be interesting I suppose to see what arrives graphic card wise in the mean time.

TBH unless you NEED a graphics card, you might as well return the 2060.
    Not only did they get an official price cut to 300 quid yesterday, but they're likely to be replaced around the same time as Cyberpunk's release.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Rob2D wrote: »
    Glad to hear this, year was getting a bit too stacked. This will help spread things out.

Not really when everything seems to now releasing in the latter half of the year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭Homelander

Smiles35 wrote: »

To be honest by the time it comes out at the end of the year there will be cards that are way better for cheaper. Unless you actually need a new card now I wouldn't buy with 2077 in mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,213 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Not really when everything seems to now releasing in the latter half of the year

Depending on a proper announcement of its features, I'm almost tempted to leave off buying this until the PS5 comes out if the PS5 is backwards compatible.

It's running on 8th gen consoles so it better not perform like ass on PC for no reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

It's running on 8th gen consoles so it better not perform like ass on PC for no reason.
    Don't think they've shown any footage of it running on those consoles yet have they?
    I'm not too optimistic that's gonna look or run good but as I don't own a PC i guess I don't have much choice!

SomeSayKos wrote: »
    Don't think they've shown any footage of it running on those consoles yet have they?
    Nah but they've mentioned before how they've got eyes on 9th gen. In general console-focused games (which is where CDPR and many others have gone) often means bad performance on PC in my experience. Just feels bad when they make a game for 8th gen which was 2 years behind the PC standards on release(2014), only for it to perform meh on PCs built similar or better than 8th gen.

I have this frustration with most modern games so it's not really a CP2077 issue but CP2077 is one of the few modern upcoming titles I am excited for. Hopefully it'll run grand if I put post-processing to minimum like I usually do.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,756 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I'm bummed out, I'm not even gonna lie but at least they want it to be polished.

More like they don't want to compete with remake, who could blame them.

I can understand why, due to the push back with remake, but I don't think that would lost much, if any sales. They're 2 very different games, and while the nostalgia will draw a lot of people to FFVII remake, it's just not going to compete with CP2077, because it's not new. I'll probably pick up FFVII myself, as I never played the original due to the turn based combat, so this looks better at least.

Anyway, they can delay it all they want, I will be ready when they want to release it, knowing they actually care about the game. Take your time CDPR, take all the time you need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Nah but they've mentioned before how they've got eyes on 9th gen. In general console-focused games (which is where CDPR and many others have gone) often means bad performance on PC in my experience. Just feels bad when they make a game for 8th gen which was 2 years behind the PC standards on release(2014), only for it to perform meh on PCs built similar or better than 8th gen.

I have this frustration with most modern games so it's not really a CP2077 issue but CP2077 is one of the few modern upcoming titles I am excited for. Hopefully it'll run grand if I put post-processing to minimum like I usually do.

Easier to code for a set of systems vs a mish-mash of drivers/hardware and OSs that come with PC territory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Is there anywhere that's doing a Steelbook version of the game in Ireland? Gamestop don't have one and the Amazon one doesn't ship to Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Wing126 wrote: »
    Is there anywhere that's doing a Steelbook version of the game in Ireland? Gamestop don't have one and the Amazon one doesn't ship to Ireland.
    Parcel Motel looks your best bet. Strangely, the PC version can be shipped to Ireland.

Parcel Motel looks your best bet. Strangely, the PC version can be shipped to Ireland.

Yeah, looking that way now. Wanted to avoid Parcel Motel if possible to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Dont think so, are you near a parcel motel you could use that or address pal to get the amazon one shipped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,100 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Atlas_IRL wrote: »
    Dont think so, are you near a parcel motel you could use that or address pal to get the amazon one shipped.

Parcel wizard can deliver to any address

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

I've never heard of Amazon not shipping the Steelbook edition of a game to Ireland before. Maybe it's because the release is still so far away? Wait a while.

I'd image Sony will follow suit. Be crazy not to! Wonder if MS are subsidising these decisions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

If only...

18+ rating in Brazil was leaked and quickly taken down but not before one of the devs shared it :)

https://twitter.com/PaweSasko/status/1254190863078633473?s=19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 622 ✭✭✭sheepsh4gger

tlych.jpg
    New RPG just announced by CD Projeckt Red! (They of Witcher fame)
    >just
    It's in development for like 13 years now. It's the next Duke Nukem Forever
    (DNF took 15 years to come out). I'll believe it when I see it.

The truck DLC is cool tho

• Advertisement

>just
    It's in development for like 13 years now. It's the next Duke Nukem Forever
    (DNF took 15 years to come out). I'll believe it when I see it.

The post your responding to was made in 2012...

Advertisement