Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cyberpunk - CD Project Red

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,500 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Gameplay plus hour q&a with the Devs. Great hearing from guys who are so passionate about what they've made.

About the gameplay, i think they should have showed the full video from e3. I know Johnny is an internal projection but his graphics seemed a bit crappy.

As the video mentioned, no classes, just build your custom V, i definitely plan on the stealth/social/hacking/samurai sword/bike build. The hacking seemed a bit slow and taking you out of the action, would need to see it more. Still hyped :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

For a 15 minute gameplay demo it was a lot of talking & not a lot new. They showed far more a year ago & I was buzzing then. Now it feels similar enough to the more recent Deus Ex games with few different paths threw a mission, which might feel fresh considering those kinda games are few & far between in big budget titles these days. Depends on how fun a stealth, hacking approach is to play, I didn't see third person stealth in this trailer anyway. Another key aspect is how true the branching path idea is as that has been promised in so many games from Telltale, Bioware & others that choices and decisions will have a huge impact on the story but it has always been true to a point so I hope that can be this games main characteristic.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

Have to say,i dont think they showed the game in its best light with that,The Voice Over Guy makes me want to put a screwdriver through my eardrums too..
    I actually enjoyed the Q&A though and i think the game is going to be great..

• Registered Users Posts: 23,112 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Third person cutscenes have been replaced with a first person view....

https://twitter.com/Marcin360/status/1168488553732616194

I read "that will benefit it greatly from gameplay and story-telling perspectives" but all I hear is less time for Fashion Punk!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,267 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Second part of tweet

https://twitter.com/Marcin360/status/1168488555469049856

Yeah, seems like you'll be seeing f*ck all of your character in that case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

It all reads to me like Devs realise that the release is less than 9 months away and they still have a mountain to climb. They know they don't have the time to give us those amazing cut scenes so have gone FPP instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

ZiabR wrote: »
    It all reads to me like Devs realise that the release is less than 9 months away and they still have a mountain to climb. They know they don't have the time to give us those amazing cut scenes so have gone FPP instead.

Yes, its playing out like old Ubisoft. Show us insane graphics/gameplay then nerf it for the launch.

It happened with Witcher 3 though, didn't it? I remember people were complaining about a graphics downgrade upon release. It still looked great to me though so I didn't care.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

J. Marston wrote: »
    It happened with Witcher 3 though, didn't it? I remember people were complaining about a graphics downgrade upon release. It still looked great to me though so I didn't care.
    Fans were mostly upset at them refusing to admit it rather than the downgrades themselves which everyone could have (and did) get over. A little honesty would've blown the whole thing away yet they let it escalate. It's one of the few yet important things that I remind myself about before I let my hype for CP2077 get out of hand. Graphical downgrades like clouds are not even things I get uppity about either - I'm much more concerned about things like how many active, intractable NPCs in once instance or how long (if at all) it takes ragdoll'd bodies to fade without a scene refresh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

I was tempted to put in for time off around it's release date but at the moment that seems like a bit of a waste.

• Advertisement

After CDPR gives us free single player dlc for Cyberpunk, they are gonna give us some multiplayer!

https://twitter.com/CDPROJEKTRED/status/1169158024482762761?s=19

Worried Marge Simpson grumble

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I doubt it'll have any impact on the single player, so i'm fine with that.

Maybe it'll even turn out to be Mass Effect 3 multiplayer and be a massive surprise hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,828 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Unless it's something special, I won't be playing online. I've no doubt they'll deliver an amazing SP experience, and that's more than enough for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭hellsing101

If the MP dev time isn't going to eat in to the overall quality of the single player experience then it shouldn't be an issue, although I doubt that will be the case.

The first person only view for cutscenes seems a bit of a last minute thing since they were toting how robust the character customization would be, doesn't really seem to matter now that you cant see your character.

The first person only view for cutscenes seems a bit of a last minute thing since they were toting how robust the character customization would be, doesn't really seem to matter now that you cant see your character.

They're not the first to do it, nearly any FPS does it. Granted, with lobbies you see the character more, and with the replays, but in general you see the hands. I don't think of it as a big deal tbh, as long as the game is good.

Edit: Forgot to mention Fallout, you never see yourself in that outside of the odd kill scene. Skyrim is even worse, don't think they even have working mirrors.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

I think I will leave the Hype train for this, go dark on it until the release in april.

You can play Skyrim and Fallout in third person though.

Wut? I don't think I ever have, nor would I going forward, use 3rd person. Too used to first person now. But genuinely didn't know you could play them 3rd person!

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭hellsing101

They're not the first to do it, nearly any FPS does it. Granted, with lobbies you see the character more, and with the replays, but in general you see the hands. I don't think of it as a big deal tbh, as long as the game is good.

Edit: Forgot to mention Fallout, you never see yourself in that outside of the odd kill scene. Skyrim is even worse, don't think they even have working mirrors.

It wont bother me personally nor most gamers id imagine, what I was getting at was all the hub bub around having all these different genders and the like, seems like that may have been to just win some woke brownie points now.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Hard to believe this game has been in development for 6-7 years already, they must be going mental over there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Wut? I don't think I ever have, nor would I going forward, use 3rd person. Too used to first person now. But genuinely didn't know you could play them 3rd person!

Third person Fallout 3 makes it feel somehow older. Its technically in the game but is a dour experience.
    If this was a third person game I'd be annoyed it was removed but I'm not overly bothered 3rd person cut scenes have been taken out.
    Same with the multiplayer, I just cant see it being a thing they will nail. People can say they're going the Rockstar model but to me it shows the dev team will prioritise the single player dlc & a separate team will work on the multiplayer. The delayed multiplayer release worked for GTA V but that's Grand Theft Auto not a new IP. Even Red Dead Online feels flat as a pancake now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

Oh dear. There's a bad whiff in the air...
    I forsee CDPR going full R* and not in a good way.

There's no money in future tech online play. Matrix games bombed, Battlefield 2047 always got negative talk. Read they got some money from the government of Poland to develop their games with more online capability. They should give that back.

Unless they are going to surprise us.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Last I read about the online was that it was going to be asynchronous with some "invading" type options and a bar where it can act like a hub in an MMORPG. Also thought I read once that Dying Light online team or at least some devs were contracted for it so it could be similar to that. Maybe a cyberpsychosis invader...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,496 ✭✭✭✭Varik

The cut scene they showed seems to suit the first person perspective.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

I was just on reddit. Have to laugh. CDPR did some in-game art of a ladyboy on a horn drinking a fizzy drink. Some girl cosplayed that and threads are getting locked left right and center.

Advertisement