Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldo McGregor CONFIRMED July 11 Vegas

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭ciano316

Looking for flights for this is very annoying its like they are changing price every few minutes.

Uncle Dana doing us no favours with a July card.

Anybody know the best time to book flights for around this?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Try downloading the Hopper app. Put in dates and location and it'll keep an eye on the prices for you.

iOS only at the moment
    Demand is going up, Prices are flat. Book soon.
    The average demand rose 74.2% to 169 flight searches per day compared to 97 daily searches during the previous four weeks. Last week's weighted average round-trip ticket price from Dublin to Las Vegas dropped by -9.1% to $583 as compared to $642 the prior month.

Lots on the lookout though

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Booked 5 nights in the MGM Grand + flights for €1400

Not too bad.

Flying with United Airlines from Dublin to Philly. A 2 hour stop over there before hitting Vegas. Probably the shortest non-direct flight I found.

Booked through Expedia.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Leinster final on the Sunday the 12th!! O god this session just got rougher

• Registered Users Posts: 12,427 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

If anyone's interested, I just saw on facebook that ClickAndGo.ie are doing packages to Vegas including 5 nights in the MGM for €1299
    I'm not sure how this price compares but might be worth checking out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭DK224

Another option for people thinking about travelling over (and to make a holiay out of it!!) is to fly direct from Dublin to LA on the soon to be launched route with Ethipian Airlines for about €700 then take the one hour flight for Vegas for €120 return

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Petermc83

Flights and Hotel booked tonight!

Just wondering about the seating plan for the Garden Arena... What are the views like from the "cheap" seats??
    Also from previous Vegas fights, what would the ticket pricing range from?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,195 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Petermc83 wrote: »
    Flights and Hotel booked tonight!

Just wondering about the seating plan for the Garden Arena... What are the views like from the "cheap" seats??
    Also from previous Vegas fights, what would the ticket pricing range from?

I'm expecting the ticket price range to be from about $150 to $1200.

All seats are pretty decent.

I'm pretty sure there's a website that shows you seat views from particular parts of the arena, I'll find it later.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

El Guapo! wrote: »
    If anyone's interested, I just saw on facebook that ClickAndGo.ie are doing packages to Vegas including 5 nights in the MGM for €1299
    I'm not sure how this price compares but might be worth checking out.

Note you will have resort tax to pay to the hotel on top. Still works out cheaper to book separate.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

We’re getting loads of inquiries about packages to UFC189 in Vegas, so here’s a quick update.
    Official fight tickets will probably not be available until April, however by April airfares and hotel prices could have risen considerably, especially as everyone is trying to get to Vegas for International Fight Week.
    If you want to secure your flights and hotel now, we have packages from €1,095pp (flights + 5 nights, subject to availability). For details and to book online, see http://bit.ly/1FfTDMn
    Note if you buy a flights and hotel package from us now, we will NOT be able to sell you a separate fight ticket later, but these will be available through Ticketmaster and official UFC channels (eg Fight Club).
    If you want to create your own customised package to Vegas and select from a range of hotels and flights, see www.ClickandGo.com/destinations/city-breaks/Las-Vegas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭MarkJD

Just booked my flight and hotel. Got both for CAD $970 for 4 nights. Splitting the cost of the hotel with a friend and its in the Tropicana! Happy days... Just hoping nobody gets injured! I am a fight club member but dont think that will help much trying to get these tickets!

MarkJD wrote: »
    I am a fight club member but dont think that will help much trying to get these tickets!

How do you figure that?

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭MarkJD

DrPhilG wrote: »
    How do you figure that?

Well for the Dublin card i had terrible trouble getting 4 tickets together and that was teh second they went live for FC members. For the Porier fight it was a bit easier as there was only 3 of us going but still had to give it a good 4 tried to get 3 seats together in the cheaper upper tier of the MGM (Seats were great btw) so with this being a title fight and it would appear there will be plenty of Irish going as well as it being Int Fight week i just think it will still be hard. I know you have travelled to alot of fights and events but do you not thing there is going to be a surplus of people becoming FC members all scrambling to get tickets when they go live?

I have been to a good few events, but the only 3 that had huge demand were UFC 100, UFC 116 and Dublin last year.

Maybe it's more difficult for you as you're after 3 or 4 tickets. For 100 and Dublin I was after a pair. For 116 it was a single.

I had no difficulty getting Dublin tickets, and my only issue with 100 and 116 was that I had to spend more than I hoped. 100 and 116 were both Lesnar cards, both early July cards and both stacked. Didn't have the same Irish influx, but had a much bigger appeal to the casual American fan because of Brock.

My point being, I managed to get tickets for 2 huge events in Vegas with massive demand. I don't see this event being bigger than UFC 100 so I don't see any major issue getting tickets.

I don't think there will be more than 2000 Irish making this trip. There were 1500 in Boston, but Boston (iirc) is cheaper to get to, and fight tickets were half the price. Flights are very expensive for this one. Also I don't think Boston sold out until quite close to the event. I remember seeing "tickets now available" ads during other events only a few weeks before it.

Plus, it's a recession. I'm sure many (and I know quite a few myself) who have been priced out of it by the cost of Vegas flights in July. Plus how many of that 1500 who made it to Boston will have another €2k lying around to cover flights, accommodation, food and Vegas entertainment for this run?

I had thought about doing Boston, but I'm glad I didn't or I wouldn't be able to do Vegas now.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,024 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

DrPhilG wrote: »
    I don't think there will be more than 2000 Irish making this trip. There were 1500 in Boston, but Boston (iirc) is cheaper to get to, and fight tickets were half the price. Flights are very expensive for this one. Also I don't think Boston sold out until quite close to the event. I remember seeing "tickets now available" ads during other events only a few weeks before it.
    Was it only 1500?
    I heard Dana say 12%, which is 2000 I think. I'd expect 189 to do more than that. The amount of casual fans who are talked about going over is huge. That's if they all get tickets of course.

On the other hand, any Irish going over from Australia or anywhere won't count. As they base it off location the tickets are sold from.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭PIMPHO

MarkJD wrote: »
    Just booked my flight and hotel. Got both for CAD $970 for 4 nights. Splitting the cost of the hotel with a friend and its in the Tropicana! Happy days... Just hoping nobody gets injured! I am a fight club member but dont think that will help much trying to get these tickets!

Why do you reckon Fight Club members won't help in buying the tickets pre-sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭babymanval

Mellor wrote: »
    Was it only 1500?
    I heard Dana say 12%, which is 2000 I think. I'd expect 189 to do more than that. The amount of casual fans who are talked about going over is huge. That's if they all get tickets of course.

On the other hand, any Irish going over from Australia or anywhere won't count. As they base it off location the tickets are sold from.
    PIMPHO wrote: »
    Why do you reckon Fight Club members won't help in buying the tickets pre-sale?

Boston didn't sell out, despite what was said on the posters/adverts/write-ups. I bought 2 cheapseats for someone on my card the day of the weigh in. There was a few hundred nosebleeds empty up the back; I also remember cause there was a fella all on his tod with seats all around him standing up the very back just waving two of the McGregor/Siver blowup glowsticks over his head for the 5 hours :D There was probably 1,600 Irish over for that (TD Garden ~17k), for a closer (time away from home/off work etc.) and a much cheaper trip. I don't buy the post-Xmas comparison logic, most people have a cheap Jan anyway, and Vegas in July is probably 2-3x as expensive.

I'll say the same thing I've said to my panicked mates texting me every few days about it: People should relaaax. Getting tickets will be fine. In fact, there's solid logic/history to suggest that it will be easier to get them on general release than fightclub anyway, and potentially better seats due to allocations (which is always annoying for FC members). I don't expect anything over 2.5k Irish to go over when all's said n done, and add to that the fact that MGM cards are ridiculously expensive for the Americans to afford also.

I think the panic will cool closer to the time. It's great for everyone to say they're all gonna go (see a million people tagged in travel package posts on facebook), but it's prohibitively expensive at the end of the day, or just bad value tbh. It's gonna end up a €2.5-3k per person trip for a couple of days in Vegas, in and around summer holiday time (which is a tough case to make to the missus at home). You can still get flights at pretty much the same price as 4 weeks ago, and that's a pretty good marker in my view. There's a reason that so many go through travel agents for these things, handy enough to pay a deposit now and pull out in May.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

Yea there was 2 pockets of free seats in Boston ( up high at both ends where the goals would be for the hockey or the baskets for basketball! ) , pretty visible from inside the arena but when I got home and watched the footage they couldn't be seen really . I suppose it didn't play into the UFC advertising it as a sold out event :pac:

We got flights and accomm to Boston for 4 nights for less than €650, that's basically half the cost of going to Vegas . I knew I'd realistically only be able to go to one or the other and having been to Vegas before I'm still glad I chose Boston as it was a hell of a trip and my first ever UFC event. I will no doubt be super jealous come July when the fight really starts to build up but f**k it - will be good craic in Ireland as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭DK224

Just announced that Robbie Lawler will meet Rory MacDonald for the 170 title at UFC 189 on July 11 in Vegas

DK224 wrote: »
    Just announced that Robbie Lawler will meet Rory MacDonald for the 170 title at UFC 189 on July 11 in Vegas

This is already shaping up to be an incredible night. Thank you Hector Lombard. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭SevereMMA

Aldo vs Conor will be main event, Lawler vs Rory co-main

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭laurenhiggins

we will finally see if Mcgregers mouthing off is true

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Getting tickets just got harder!

we will finally see if Mcgregers mouthing off is true

d4a_0906.0.jpg

mcgregor-wins-630x456.jpg

Conor-McGregor.jpg?1411404533

456280562.jpg

conor-mcgregor-dennis-siver1.jpg

conor-mcgregor-ufc-on-fuel-tv-91.jpg?w=1000

I really hope that MacDonald can showcase some of these takedowns like he did V Diaz at UFC 129. One of the best performances I've seen from any fighter since I started watching MMA. (Frankie Edgar's survival v Gray Maynard in their second fight a close second)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

Good work That_Guy, I'd thank that twice if I could!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Booked flights and accommodation in the mgm just now...Can't wait! If the ufc could wrap aldo and McGregor in cotton wool between now and the fight, I'd really appreciate it

As this has all firmed up a bit, should we get a title change?

UFC 189 - Aldo vs McGregor - July 11th

Could probably do with a "see post number ** for info" as there will inevitably be endless repetitions of the same questions, e.g.

Date - July 11th 2015
    Venue - MGM Grand, Las Vegas
    Tickets on sale - TBC (likely late April/early May)
    Ticket prices - TBC (likely $130 - $1200)
    Average flight costs - €800

Card
    Jose Aldo vs Conor McGregor (FW title)
    Robbie Lawler vs Rory McDonald (WW title)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

That should add a few more PPV buys, doubt Conor will be pissed. I must make sure I have nothing going on the hours around the tickets going on Sale.

• Advertisement

Ahh shyte.

I have an Ulster Bank ufirst account that gives me 25% off ticketmaster purchases.

With 2 x $300 tickets for 189 and 2 x $150 tickets for Fight Night on the Sunday, I stood to save about €200 on my tickets.

Bloody small print, only valid for events in the UK and Ireland. Hoores.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement