Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What's your wish list.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

And on today's list...

Vacheron Constantin Overseas World Time

20011346_copy.jpg?ixlib=rails-1.1.0&auto=format&ch=Width%2CDPR%2CSave-Data&fit=crop&fm=jpg&q=55&usm=12&w=700&

Seiko Sarb017

Seiko-SARB017-Watch-Review.jpg

Omega Speedmaster Moonphase

Omega-Speedmaster-Moonphase-Chronograph-Master-Chronometer-aBlogtoWatch-28.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭scwazrh

my current list of affordable wants -

seiko sne435
    236818475alt2?$prod_main$

tissot visodate
    t0194301603101-_view_2.png

Seiko 5 fifty five fathom homage
    6723431437_17f5f013fd_o.jpg

Thats my affordable list , my wish list is as follows-

Rolex submariner - Mainly because I bought one in 2006 and unfortunately had to sell it a couple of years later due to cash flow problems :(

Rolex-Submariner-116610LN.jpeg

Breitling super ocean in 46mm

breitling-superocean-42-blue-dial-men_s-watch-a1732116-c832ss-a1732116-c832-154a.jpg

And my ultimate wish watch is this , AP royal Oak .
    audemars-piguet-royal-oak-black-dial-stainless-steel-bracelet-men_s-watch-15400stoo1220st01.jpg

Some beautiful Vacheron Constantin watches.

Overseas Titanium

yqa6ebub.jpg

image.png

Overseas Chronograph

vacheron-constantin-gentlemens-overseas-automatic-chronograph-grey-dial-strap-watch-p504-641_image.jpg

Overseas Moonphase

Vacheron-Constantin-Overseas-Ultra-Plate-QP-Dial.jpg

On today's list, a few stunning Jeagers.

Master Chronograph

jaeger-lecoultre-master-chronograph-q1538470-29.jpg

Master Ultra Thin Moon

1061402.png.crop.full.high.png

Ultra Thin Perpetual

1349107.png.crop.full.high.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭blindsider

I've just pulled the trigger on a Stowa Marine Classic w/ Date. :eek:

If I'm not buried under the patio shortly after it arrives, I'll post pics.

I've wanted one for about 4 yrs now, and finally did the deed.

I'm thrilled at the though of finally owning a watch that has wooed me for some time.

(I'm also fairly sure that the Mrs will flip her lid - hence the patio reference!)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Is your Mrs on boards?:p

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

I unfortunately only have an affordable list ATM.

Seiko orange monster
    Hamilton khaki king
    Seiko sarb033

blue5000 wrote: »
    Is your Mrs on boards?:p

Thankfully, not.

I dropped a sizable hint a few minutes ago, and she is now eyeing up the patio tiles:eek:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

blindsider wrote: »
    Thankfully, not.

I dropped a sizable hint a few minutes ago, and she is now eyeing up the patio tiles:eek:

What works for me is
    Me ''I'm thinking of buying a rifle''
    Mrs. Silent treatment
    Me, ''I like this watch''
    Mrs ''A watch is nice''.

Back on topic, looking forward to seeing one of these in the flesh https://www.pageandcooper.com/club/damasko-exclusive

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭Homer

Don't tell me you haven't used the "what? that watch? Had it ages love.. picked it up in a trade ;)"

*hides the credit card bill.....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

me wrote:
    this? oh just a new strap

my go to response

blue5000 wrote: »
    What works for me is
    Me ''I'm thinking of buying a rifle''
    Mrs. Silent treatment
    Me, ''I like this watch''
    Mrs ''A watch is nice''.

Back on topic, looking forward to seeing one of these in the flesh https://www.pageandcooper.com/club/damasko-exclusive

Oh, this!!!!

My next foray might be a Steinhart OB1 - but not anytime soon.

I'll remember the rifle though!!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭Time

This is top of my shopping list at the moment, i've been on the lookout for something for a while now and keep coming back to this. I'll give it 3 or 4 months to see if the prices drop another 1K or so, if not i'll buy at the current rate.

Rolex-Yacht-Master-116651.jpg

Rolex Sea Dweller Baselworld 2017

Rolex-sea-dweller-126600-43mm-red-text-Top-10-Baselworld-2017.jpg

Deep Sea James Cameron

maxresdefault.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

I have to say I find the larger Rolex divers to much more proportionate than the 6 digit Subs and GMTs. The lugs just look ridiculous on them and ruin a classic design for me. Things do seem to be moving the right direction though. The Seadweller, although larger, looks great. The daydate 40 and datejust 41 are an improvement on the previous bloat. Unfortunately I can't see them introducing a more slimmed down maxi case any time soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,774 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Passenger wrote: »
    Deep Sea James Cameron

Did you have to post that? Now I want one :(:D

unkel wrote: »
    Did you have to post that? Now I want one :(:D

Ha! It's a gorgeous timepiece that's for sure.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I dunno what it is with me and god knows there are more than a few 'its" with me, but I just can't deal with Mercedes hands. There, I've said it. The dislike that dare not speak its name. :D

My fave Rolex(sport models anyway) would be the issued Rolex MilSub.

MILSUB-GEAR-PATROL-AMBIANCE-11-650x500.jpg

And if my ship came in would be about the only Rolex I'd jump at* For me it looks sooooo much better with the Omega hands(and fully graduated bezel). I'd add that to my Wishlist alright.

*outside of some early Oysters and some steel cased "dress" watches from the 50's. Our own Carltonbrowne has a real beauty I was lucky enough to see in the flesh.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭CarltonBrowne

Top of my list would have to be this:

_img.png?ixlib=rails-1.1.0&auto=format&ch=Width%2CDPR%2CSave-Data&fit=crop&fm=jpg&q=55&usm=12&w=700&

The last one of these went for $150,000 at auction so it's going to take one hell of a fleamarket find to get near it. A blue-dial Oysterquartz is more achievable.

IMG_8435.JPG?format=750w

I'd also like a PP 3580 but it would have to be a blue-dial on a bracelet and without the ball-pein hammer finish and I'm not even sure that they made one of those.
    pp_3580a_1.jpg
    pp-3580-EllipseAutoSteel-1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Would love to get a 1967 Speedie, but the prices have jumped a lot in the last few months......second on my list would the the re-vamped Skywalker Speedie.....(yes, I know it's a quartz!).......

?context=bWFzdGVyfHByb2R1Y3RfaW1hZ2VzfDM0OTI2fGltYWdlL2pwZWd8cHJvZHVjdF9pbWFnZXMvaGFmL2gzYy84OTU4MjM4NDI1MTE4LmpwZ3xjZGI5YTQ1Yjg1ZTA0YTYxNTkwNmExYzQxMWM5ZDI1NDg0OTMzYmQwYjhmOGMzMjkwNGM0YTZhYTEzYTc3YTIx

• Advertisement

Really like the solar impulse version of the X33. I'm a sucker for those colours though.

Omega-Speedmaster-Skywalker-X-33-Solar-Impulse-Limited-Edition-blue-green-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Stop! I'm in love.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Really like the solar impulse version of the X33. I'm a sucker for those colours though.

Yeah, the Solar Impulse version is very smart but I'm looking for something that can be worn in every situation......and I didn't think the SI works as a business, or dress watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭893bet

1) Tag heuer Monaco CAW211B

91iPnpnfoeL._UY445_.jpg

2) Yaghtmaster 116622

bb97661f987ad7459ec94f82d646b0fe.jpg

3) JLC ulta thin moon

DSC_3501.jpg

Yaghtmaster 116622 has bumped the hulk. Blue face with red detail my favourite at the minute. Rhodium with blue very close second.

Have a rhodium with blue 114300 that is potentially on the chopping board.

As solid as it is, I've never really been keen on the Black Bay. I think two-tone watches are tacky and something that belongs in the 70s or on 70 year olds. The endorsement of a footballer guarantees I'll give a product is given a wide berth. Yet, I keep looking at this.

Tudor-Black-Bay-SNG-9152.jpg

My taste in watches has changed radically since I started looking at watches. Sometimes, I'm not sure it's for the better.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I quite like that too. I've the blue version, which I picked cos it doesn't have the kinda faux vintage look.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I'd also like a PP 3580 but it would have to be a blue-dial on a bracelet and without the ball-pein hammer finish and I'm not even sure that they made one of those.
    pp_3580a_1.jpg
    Funny enough CB it was that very case shape and such a late 60's/early 70's shape it was, :) that got me first interested in Girard Perregaux as brand, because I got a hand wound one with that kinda case many years ago for under 100 quid in a Dublin jewellers. Had never heard of them before TBH. I think I gave it away sometime in the late 90's. :eek: But that shape got me into the brand when the interwebs kicked off and that got me in turn into the whole early quartz arena.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭CarltonBrowne

Can you find a picture of the GP? There is also a Smiths in a very similar case-shape which I've made a mental note to track down (but have done feck all about, in truth).

I don't have a pic I'm afraid. It was pre digital cameras and I rarely took photos of watches back then. It was quite similar to the quartz tron type dial case, but much flatter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Quite fancy this, which appeared on the Steinhart nosebook page. Only available via the distributor in Hong Kong, though, or so it says.

Anyone going to HK soon?!

Advertisement