Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's your wish list.....

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭scwazrh

I think that would end up looking a fake smurf ? Steinhart have what you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

Understood!

My issue is that they make a watch that I like, but I don't think I could ever bring myself to wear one.

I love a black dial, 39mm no-date Sub, but there are so many good homages out there, including one that I already have for a song, there's no need.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,674 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

worth trying one on (if you havent) i thought that would be my dream watch and it lasted no length with me! its very blingy.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,777 ✭✭✭✭unkel

No. I don't like the blue in the smurf at all. Or in that Steinhart. I'm only interested in the sunburst blue dial. Now of course I could go with a current or later previous model Bluesy, the sunburst dial is back. But I don't like the colour of the ceramic bezel. And of course that would leave the two tone bracelet 😁

Was my dream watch too. But when I tried it on, I dismissed it for two reasons: watch too small and in particular the dial felt very small. And that was the blue sunburst dial I was interested in most. I kinda like the bling and I didn't feel it was overwhelming

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Pablo_Flox

Good to know. Haven't tried it on, I'm at least 3 years away from even being at the stage where I'd be willing to kick tyres without feeling like I'm wasting everyone's time.

You might as well go try it on somewhere, Weir's now have a decent rotation of exhibition only watches. It is likely to pop up soon enough. Otherwise it might turn out that you have been wasting your own time!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭scwazrh

So you like the bluesy but you dont like gold on the braclet , the gold on the bezel , the bezel insert and its too small . I dont know unkel but I think maybe you should just look for a different watch?

Haha, it used to be too small, but I lost weight last year and strangely my wrist has gone down from 8" to 7.5". You'd think there is no fat on the wrist, but the tape measure says otherwise. Tried on a batgirl in Weir's a few weeks ago and the size was fine (used to be too small). So I figured that a same size pre-ceramic sub also would be fine now

I do mind the modern ceramic bezels, in particular the blue ones. Ceramic on Rolex looks cheap and fake to me. I do like the old aluminium bezels, in particular the blue one on the bluesy. I don't mind the gold on the bezel or case, it's subtle enough compared with the bracelet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭mailforkev

Agree with you on that unkel, i much prefer an aluminium bezel on a Sub.

Strangely though, I don’t mind the ceramic GMTs at all. A batgirl is the only sports Rolex on my future shopping list.

Could never warm to the bluesy, too chintzy for me.

• Advertisement

Was pleasantly surprised with the batgirl on my wrist in Weir's a few weeks ago as well. Maybe the jubilee has finally grown on me too.

In fact I liked it to the extent that when a straight swap deal came up on TZ, I was going to go for it. Only for the seller being able to outright sell his batgirl. Obviously a better outcome for him

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭jefferson73

I'm curious about two watches at the moment, the white dialed Omega Speedmaster which i beleive will be released in the next month or so and secondly have a weird Patek 5336G - Calatrava thing going on at the moment. I know from experience, a problem i have is something i love now at this time is very often something i look back on and ask myself what was i thinking.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I always liked the Tudor North Flag, but as they're discontinued they seem to fetch strong prices. And as it's not my usual style, I dunno if it'd stay with me long. I like the splash of colour, even though a power reserve display on an automatic watch is pointless for me personally (would be much more use on hand wound).

And then there's this Zenith. I had another model with the same multi-coloured sub dials, but it was just too big, even for my tubby wrists.

But realistically, I am back in the bored-of-watches phase. Last year I replaced two watches I had owned before and ended up missing, so I'm content with what I have. For now.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭notuslimited

Well, there’s a first. This evening, the Rolex shop in Frankfurt airport, which usually has no stock, has for immediate sale a white gold Rolex Daytona 40mm for just over €45k. Never seen that before. Pity it wasn’t a stainless steel. I would have been all over it.

I don't think full gold were that hard to get, were they? There's huge margin in it for the AD

Advertisement