Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ultimate Biscuit Tournament (Mod Note Post #1 and #984)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

And like the DUP. No-one likes the orange fcukers. They're out.
    Omackeral wrote: »
    Too late I'm afraid.

Jaffa Cakes win 8-7

What the fcuk?
    How is it only to 8?
    Polo were first to 10.

I smell a stink.

appledrop wrote: »
    Ffs Jaffa Cakes are disgusting.

They are not a biscuit no crunch to them!

Shut your stupid face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Golden Crunch Cream

snapshotimagehandler_206929478.jpeg?h=540&w=540

VS

Coconut Cream

41SFtRuyDyL.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Ffs Jaffa Cakes are disgusting.

They are not a biscuit no crunch to them!

And you have no full stop or comma to you.

Coconut Creams! Same as before.. soft and cakey!! Mmmmm cake!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,049 ✭✭✭appledrop

Golden crunch cream because they are a real biscuit with a crunch to them!

as much as i like a squidgy coconut cream, and i've only once had a golden crunch cream, i vote the crunch cream

perfect for dipping in tea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Crunch Creams - again because they don't have coconut.

Where are the real biscuits?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

Coconut creams. one of the holy trinity. haven't had one in years tough. lovely spongy little fcukers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Golden Crunch, they are far superior to those manky coconut yoke. Great with tea.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Crunch creams - edible even if out of date

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,546 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Coconut creams, fluffy deliciousness and extra desiccated coconut to store in between your teeth for later.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Cupp3r

Crunch creams, nibble on the biscuit then peel the cream out and allow it melt on your tongue.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,265 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

Not a fan of ginger at all, so Coconut Creams here.

Is there 64 or 32 in this round btw?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II

BN but both of those look like the muck you’d only see on a shelf in a shítty “supermarcado” somewhere in Spain.

It’s far from supermarcados you were raised, sonnie boy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

If you say that again I'll put your head through the fcuking wall.

Do you know what Nemesis means?

image_400x400.jpg

I will force feed you every variety of biscuits here until you can't fit through your front door.

I’m going crunch creams. Although they are so sweet my teeth hurt eating them, after my two “soft” biscuit votes and a spoiled vote I need something crunchy.

Too late I'm afraid.

Jaffa Cakes win 8-7

Farce! The integrity of the tournament has been besmirched!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭gwalk

The equivalent of two non league teams drawing each other into the first round

One has to advance but neither will be there at the business end

Golden Crunch for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Golden Crunch are a crumbly mess but so nice at the same time.

• Advertisement

Too late I'm afraid.

Jaffa Cakes win 8-7

Farce! The integrity of the tournament has been besmirched!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Ah fook.

Against my better judgement I'm going for the Crunch Creams here.

Hate Coconut in any way shape and form with the exception of Mikado.

"The Vicar wont be long coming" said MIss Smyth, stirring her tea with her other hand. "Another Foxes anyone?"

No thanks they chimed, What else have you?

Not Foxes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Golden crunch dipped on a cup of tea ... amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Fox’s beat almost everything so they’re getting my vote.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,049 ✭✭✭appledrop

Omackeral could you not have give use a bit of warning about this contest over the weekend?

We could have stocked up on biscuits then.

Some of us are drooling here with no biscuits!

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭simonw

Golden crunch creams, perfect for dunking, the middle bit gives it structural integrity in the tea much longer than most biscuits

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

Crunch creams are absolutely unreal. Coconut is mank.

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Do you know what Nemesis means?

image_400x400.jpg

I will force feed you every variety of biscuits here until you can't fit through your front door.

I'll go through your back door.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,408 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

It’s far from supermarcados you were raised, sonnie boy.

Or even supermercados.

Jaffa Cakes have no place in this tournament. Please see below for the reason.

“In the United Kingdom, value added tax is payable on chocolate-covered biscuits, but not on chocolate-covered cakes.

McVities defended its classification of Jaffa Cakes as cakes at a VAT tribunal in 1991, against the ruling that Jaffa cakes were biscuits due to their size and shape, and the fact that they were often eaten in place of biscuits.

McVities insisted that the product was a cake, and allegedly produced a giant Jaffa cake in court to illustrate its point.

The court found in favour of McVitie's and ruled that the product should be considered a cake, meaning that VAT is not paid on Jaffa cakes in the United Kingdom.

In Ireland, Jaffa cakes are regarded as cakes by Revenue as their moisture content is greater than 12%. As a result, they are charged the reduced rate of VAT (13.5% as of 2016).”

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

Or even supermercados.

Oooo
    Shots fired.
    And a bitch slap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Hulahoops

Oh my Biscuit God crunch creams are gorgeous! That soft sweet centre combined with the crumbly crunch.

“In the United Kingdom, value added tax is payable on chocolate-covered biscuits, but not on chocolate-covered cakes.

McVities defended its classification of Jaffa Cakes as cakes at a VAT tribunal in 1991, against the ruling that Jaffa cakes were biscuits due to their size and shape, and the fact that they were often eaten in place of biscuits.

McVities insisted that the product was a cake, and allegedly produced a giant Jaffa cake in court to illustrate its point.

The court found in favour of McVitie's and ruled that the product should be considered a cake, meaning that VAT is not paid on Jaffa cakes in the United Kingdom.

In Ireland, Jaffa cakes are regarded as cakes by Revenue as their moisture content is greater than 12%. As a result, they are charged the reduced rate of VAT (13.5% as of 2016).”

What is it with you and jaffa biscuits?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II

How did a cake get through?

Anyway coconut creams because I had them once and I never tasted the other ones. Coconut creams were sh1ye but as I can’t say the other ones were any better, having not tasted them, o go with them and I can’t say fairer.

Omackeral could you not have give use a bit of warning about this contest over the weekend?

We could have stocked up on biscuits then.

And 5c coins. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭simonw

Polo's the chickatees of the biscuit world

What the fcuk?
    How is it only to 8?
    Polo were first to 10.

I smell a stink.

It's in the rules you illiterate f*ckpig. First to 8 advances.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

giphy.gif

Get away out of here with your logic and facts they have no place here! :pac:

• Advertisement

That may be true but who's ever been at a party and the lights go out and everyone starts singing Happy birthday to the light of a single candle shoved in a Jaffa Cake!!! No one! Absolutely no one!

Tax dodging biscuits ftw.

Quit your bitching.

are we doing reasons for all the votes now? i thought it might be final ones only

Shut your stupid face.

Yes. More hatred. It pleases me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Coconut creams ftw, nice and fluffy and I might have a pack here :D

That may be true but who's ever been at a party and the lights go out and everyone starts singing Happy birthday to the light of a single candle shoved in a Jaffa Cake!!! No one! Absolutely no one!

Maybe that happened and that's why he hates them :D

Autosport wrote: »
    Coconut creams ftw, nice and fluffy and I might have a pack here :D

Share!!!

Of course they haven’t, because they’re a shíte cake.

Golden Crunch Creams win 8-4

It's in the rules you illiterate f*ckpig. First to 8 advances.

You're some cnut with your ninja edit

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement