Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Marmotte 2014........

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,753 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Maybe I'm mistaken so, maybe you can only register on the day itself. In my case I was regestered from a prior year so maybe that was it!

It's strightforward anyway, just keep on eye on the web for announcements of when the reg opens and be prepared to get in early to get your place.

You don't need med certs or anything like that at the time, just choose the non-licence category and click through to choose the event(s). You should receive an e-mail with confirmation of your reg, and they complie a reg listing that is updated, semi-regularly, and you can check that a bit after to make sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,929 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Epic thread and epic adventure.

What tour companies can you go with on the Marmotte as a matter of interest? And would be interested to know what the total cost was for participants, roughly like, door to door.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,255 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

fat bloke wrote: »
    Epic thread and epic adventure.

What tour companies can you go with on the Marmotte as a matter of interest? And would be interested to know what the total cost was for participants, roughly like, door to door.

I went with Frenchcycling holidays.co.uk.

http://www.frenchcyclingholidays.co.uk/sport/marmotte.html

The only cost not included is flights from Dublin to Lyon which you can look up on the aerlingus website.

Thanks. Yeah, I've read through a lot more of the thread now and the links and am getting a better picture :)

One thing that would be of importance to me would be bike transport from Ireland - as in a company taking charge of that and preferably carrying my bike in a van or truck. That's really what I'd want from a tour operator set up. I'm just paranoid about very cheap airlines carrying very expensive bikes :(.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,255 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

These guys will transport your bike.

http://www.shipmytribike.ie/

I've always brought my bike on the plane and I've never had any problems. A good Bike box is essential (not a soft shell bag)

Nice one thanks.
    Yeah I've done a couple of events abroad but I've always brought my training bike in a hard shell box and left my good bike at home. Last time the hard case came back with a dirty big hole and crack in it. Thankfully the bike was ok, but I just wouldn't dare (personally) risk my good bike. I've heard too many stories from musician and cyclist friends of opening flight cases to jaws dropping and hearts sinking.

If I couldn't get someone to transport then I'd do it myself to be honest and drive, or of course take my sh1t (but still very good) bike :).
    There would be a gang of us going so could work out well for one or preferably two members to drive over in a van with the bikes.

Advertisement