Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switch sold out everywhere?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭tbukela

I ordered from Curry's this morning at 7:29 and just got an email to say that order cancelled as it is out of stock. Glad I hadn't mentioned it to the kids.

Interesting that the time to get refunded the money is longer than the expected delivery notified earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

I also ordered at currys at 6am and it got cancelled as well. I had a preorder at BTshop in uk and cancelled that after placing my order at currys. And so the search begins again. What a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Len_007

I had an email alert set up with the Nintendo UK store and got notification yesterday that they had some in stock. I ordered, but this morning they emailed saying that it will be 48 hours before they can confirm the order. Fingers crossed

Think I'll just forget about it for now, these stores are taking the piss. Both smyths and currys said in stock, took my money then changed their mind. Is it really that difficult to only put something for sale if you have it? Have 3 transactions still pending in my bank account from failing to buy one 3 times now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Len_007 wrote: »
    I had an email alert set up with the Nintendo UK store and got notification yesterday that they had some in stock. I ordered, but this morning they emailed saying that it will be 48 hours before they can confirm the order. Fingers crossed

You will get it. They send that for all orders.

• Advertisement

Gamestop have some be quick:

Grey , Neon and Animal crossing ones.

https://www.gamestop.ie/Switch/Games/73274/nintendo-switch-1-1-red-blue-console

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Very tempted to pick one of the new 1.1 models from Gamestop. Had issues with Smyths

Atlas_IRL wrote: »
    Very tempted to pick one of the new 1.1 models from Gamestop. Had issues with Smyths

what issue? not sure I'd trust gamestop much more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭nintendoo

Never had issues with Smyths or Gamestop. Gamestop are more expensive. But they did trade in a 1.0 Grey Switch for a 1.1 Neon Switch for 30 euro. For that I am eternally grateful. :) Gotta go Neon ! :)

Smyths cancelled the order for no reason.

• Advertisement

Mr.S wrote: »
    Interesting - I ordered around 8am and the order hasn't been cancelled. I did order the Zelda bundle version though.

I ordered the zelda bundle too.. but 2 hours earlier than you. Funny that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭nintendoo

Atlas_IRL wrote: »
    Cancelled the order for no reason.

Maybe contact your bank - your credit card or debit card might be out of funds - or they might be able to say why the cancellation if you can find out from gamestop.

Weird! Did you get an email confirming it?

Got 4 emails. Order acknowledgement, order processing and 2 about the cancellation, 1 of which was in the junk folder, where they all should've gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭tdow

Interesting - I ordered around 8am and the order hasn't been cancelled. I did order the Zelda bundle version though.

I ordered after 8am too and still not cancelled. I got the Mario kart bundle (Zelda bundle was sold out at that stage)

I guess currys operate in reverse... last come first served

Ordered 4 games from currys uk ebay store. Worked out 40 euro cheaper than buying on the irish store and also got an 8% off ebay code 'PRICE8', saved almost 60 euro. Feel a bit better now, if they hadn't pissed me off might have just bought the games off their irish store to get everything same day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

There is a few switch lites in Argos ashbourne 1 pink I see and 1 blue one that I checked in stock there. Not sure people want the switch lite tho.

tbukela wrote: »
    I ordered from Curry's this morning at 7:29 and just got an email to say that order cancelled as it is out of stock. Glad I hadn't mentioned it to the kids.

Interesting that the time to get refunded the money is longer than the expected delivery notified earlier.

Saw this comment about currys on stockinformer website
    I have ordered a switch like others on the 7th, had the cancellation eMail and then one after to say they have stock from their supplier coming in ready for delivery within 7 days. Has anyone who ordered on the 7th with standard delivery had the dispatch email yet?

Seems its still possible they could uncancel my order. Well, ordered one elsewhere so they better not. Some fail system they have. You'd think they'd have it sorted out by now if its been happening a few weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭tdow

spix wrote: »
    I guess currys operate in reverse... last come first served

My ordered ended up getting cancelled this morning but gamestop still had some in stock.

Just need to buy some games separately now

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

friend ordered the currys one as well and just messaged to say cancelled. shoddy carry on altogheter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭donal.hunt

Anyone had luck ordering from the official Nintendo UK store? I managed to submit an order and then they cancelled it because I had it sent to AddressPal (can't deliver it direct to Ireland). 🙄

dan786 wrote: »
    Gamestop have some be quick:

Grey , Neon and Animal crossing ones.

https://www.gamestop.ie/Switch/Games/73274/nintendo-switch-1-1-red-blue-console

Update on this, just the grey one left now:

https://www.gamestop.ie/Switch/Games/73198/nintendo-switch-1-1-grey-console

donal.hunt wrote: »
    Anyone had luck ordering from the official Nintendo UK store? I managed to submit an order and then they cancelled it because I had it sent to AddressPal (can't deliver it direct to Ireland). ��

Yes I got one last week to Parcel Motel, no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭donal.hunt

dan786 wrote: »
    Yes I got one last week to Parcel Motel, no issues.

Feck. Will try parcel motel next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Anonymagician

Grey switch still in stock for home delivery with GameStop. Red/blue sold out but they had it last night. Received order confirmation and they are advertising restock so I expect it to arrive!

• Registered Users Posts: 49 MrZibi

Ordered confirmed with GameSpot let's see :D

Secured one yesterday at Gamestop, money taken but so far has not moved from confirmed to shipped. Will wait and see.

my gamestop order has shipped

• Registered Users Posts: 49 MrZibi

spix wrote: »
    my gamestop order has shipped

same here. happy days!

Ah they have the full range now

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

Atlas_IRL wrote:
    Ah they have the full range now