Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switch sold out everywhere?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭WAW

tedpan wrote: »
    For 530e and no game. Madness!

Oh they've gone up. I got two games and console for under 400 from them.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

WAW wrote:
    Oh they've gone up. I got two games and console for under 400 from them.

Nice! Yeah, there seems to be a shortage in Asia too. Console bundles going for close to a thousand euro in Japan. Eglobal know how to capitalise..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Thankfully this situation is not happening at Xmas time, imagine what the demand would have been like with some of these going for close to thousand.

About Adverts, there are some people taking advantage of this.

However there are 1/2 sellers who are selling this for high price who have these in bulk but have bought stuff from them myself for hundreds below retail. Everything else they sell is well below retail all year around so dont really mind them. These sellers have sold switches in past for less than retail.

Its more those random people who are just buying for the sake of reselling it just to make quick money. They annoy me.

elgobal

€419 or €227 for the switch lite

hardly extortionate in the current climate

https://www.eglobalcentral.eu/catalogsearch/result/?cat=&q=nintendo+switch

glasso wrote:

It sells for 329e in Smyths, 90e is not a small mark-up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,555 ✭✭✭SteM

€529.99 for the animal crossing edition :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,819 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Think I saw posts elsewhere about that site being hit and miss with deliveries and poor customer service

SteM wrote:
    €529.99 for the animal crossing edition

Without the game :D

• Registered Users Posts: 27,820 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

glasso wrote: »
    elgobal

hardly extortionate in the current climate

https://www.eglobalcentral.eu/catalogsearch/result/?cat=&q=nintendo+switch

€100 more expensive for an out of region Switch that will take weeks to arrive from a dodgy enough retailer.

If it doesn't arrive or arrives defective you'll be banging your head against the wall trying to get it resolved with eGlobal. And if it works ok for a while and develops issues later Nintendo will want nothing to do with it because it's an out of region device.

I've personally had no problems with 6 orders with eglobal and all delivered within 2 weeks. some people have had delays yes.

the likes of smyths / other retailers are just being picked off by scalpers to sell on ebay, adverts etc.

so it may be a viable solution for some (a person above got one there it seems) in the current shortage

• Advertisement

glasso wrote: »
    I've personally had no problems with 6 orders with eglobal and all delivered within 2 weeks. some people have had delays yes.

the likes of smyths / other retailers are just being picked off by scalpers to sell on ebay, adverts etc.

so it may be a viable solution for some (a person above got one there it seems) in the current shortage

I'd rather give a scalper in Ireland the €420 and get the receipt for Smyths/Argos etc because at least you can get it straight away and if something goes wrong they'll replace it.

glasso wrote:

Me too, it's all about patience with eglobal, always gets there in the end. Although my reason for ordering from them is to save money vs buying locally. I'd never pay over retail when purchasing equipment.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,483 ✭✭✭Inviere

TitianGerm wrote: »
    and if something goes wrong they'll replace it.

Their policy is to only replace within three months as far as I remember, which contravenes consumer law. If you need a replacement after that time, they'll try fob you off to Nintendo to sort the issue. You'd need to stand your ground & fight them with the possibility of the small claims court to get them to back down on that one.

Your point stands though, I feel if buying today, sticking as close to home as possible is the way to go.

Inviere wrote: »
    Their policy is to only replace within three months as far as I remember, which contravenes consumer law. If you need a replacement after that time, they'll try fob you off to Nintendo to sort the issue. You'd need to stand your ground & fight them with the possibility of the small claims court to get them to back down on that one.

Your point stands though, I feel if buying today, sticking as close to home as possible is the way to go.

It makes no matter what their policy is. If you bought from an Irish store you are protected my consumer law and more specifically the Sale of Goods Act as you say so you fight your case and they will offer you one of the three R's.

tedpan wrote: »
    Me too, it's all about patience with eglobal, always gets there in the end. Although my reason for ordering from them is to save money vs buying locally. I'd never pay over retail when purchasing equipment.

yes - same - have only bought there due to save on local prices as they are usually very competitive as you know.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Got an email from currys at 4:30am saying back in stock. Sent it to friend still looking for one at 9am. Sold out already

Still waiting for dpd to send mine. Can't wait for animal crossing

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Chiarrai19

Got the same email myself. Had high hopes at 7:30 when I saw it but they were all gone. They still had the animal crossing blue and white bundle on Smyths earlier but I haven't checked since 9.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

I caught them in stock on smyths and currys at around 6:30am. I decided to order at smyths. After paying it said

"“Sorry, something seems to have gone wrong. Please do not try to place order again. Please email our dedicated Customer Support Team at callback@smythstoys.com to confirm your order.”

I did what it said, did not order again, emailed them to 'confirm' the order.

Got an email back few hours later, they reversed my payment and asked me to try order again. 1 problem. Out of stock.. at smyths and currys. Nice one. Never ordering there again.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭tbahh

spix wrote: »
    I caught them in stock on smyths and currys at around 6:30am. I decided to order at smyths. After paying it said

"“Sorry, something seems to have gone wrong. Please do not try to place order again. Please email our dedicated Customer Support Team at callback@smythstoys.com to confirm your order.”

I did what it said, did not order again, emailed them to 'confirm' the order.

Got an email back few hours later, they reversed my payment and asked me to try order again. 1 problem. Out of stock.. at smyths and currys. Nice one. Never ordering there again.

It's a shame that you didn't get one this time.
    I've had no problem with Smyth's in the past and they also offer free delivery for account holders, and I don't believe this has changed during the pandemic. Unfortunately, demand is high and their system wasn't fast enough to keep with all the ordering.

You also got a reply on a Saturday, which shows a really good sign on their behalf. :)

Don't be dismayed by having one bad experience with them. I'd recommend buying from them anyway over other stores offering similar products, such as GameStop.

tbahh wrote: »
    It's a shame that you didn't get one this time.
    I've had no problem with Smyth's in the past and they also offer free delivery for account holders, and I don't believe this has changed during the pandemic. Unfortunately, demand is high and their system wasn't fast enough to keep with all the ordering.

You also got a reply on a Saturday, which shows a really good sign on their behalf. :)

Don't be dismayed by having one bad experience with them. I'd recommend buying from them anyway over other stores offering similar products, such as GameStop.

It was still showing as in stock for a few hours after I ordered however I didn't order again as the message told me not to, and to contact them to confirm the order. The system cant have been that slow.. I don't think it was a stock issue when I ordered but some other issue on their end. They shouldn't have cancelled my payment and asked me to order again, they should've confirmed it like the message said 'Please email our dedicated Customer Support Team at callback@smythstoys.com to confirm your order" Had the message just said there was a problem with the order, try again or something similar, I would've tried again or ordered at currys.

My payment was successful as I checked my bank account, smyths had the option to either accept or or reverse it. They reversed it and asked me to order again, trying to imply my browser was the issue, there was no mention of stock issues in the email.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭tbahh

spix wrote: »
    It was still showing as in stock for a few hours after I ordered however I didn't order again as the message told me not to, and to contact them to confirm the order. The system cant have been that slow.. I don't think it was a stock issue when I ordered but some other issue on their end. They shouldn't have cancelled my payment and asked me to order again, they should've confirmed it like the message said 'Please email our dedicated Customer Support Team at callback@smythstoys.com to confirm your order" Had the message just said there was a problem with the order, try again or something similar, I would've tried again or ordered at currys.

I'm sure if you write another email explaining all that, they might reserve one for you from the next time they get one in?

bluewolf wrote: »
    Got an email from currys at 4:30am saying back in stock. Sent it to friend still looking for one at 9am. Sold out already

Still waiting for dpd to send mine. Can't wait for animal crossing

What day did you order it? Ours was dispatched via DPD on the 12th but no sign yet.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

SteM wrote: »
    What day did you order it? Ours was dispatched via DPD on the 12th but no sign yet.

12th as well
    lastest update is:

Apologies - Parcel delayed due to high volumes. We’ll send you 1 hr delivery update on delivery day.

Head Office

14/5/2020 at 20:00

12th as well
    lastest update is:

Apologies - Parcel delayed due to high volumes. We’ll send you 1 hr delivery update on delivery day.

Head Office

Yeah, the same message for me.

tbahh wrote: »
    I'm sure if you write another email explaining all that, they might reserve one for you from the next time they get one in?

I was hoping they'd do that, and definitely should but don't have much hope with how they dealt with it originally tbh. Feel I'm just going to have to wait to try find another. Been looking for ages, then find in stock at 2 stores and this happens....

12th as well
    lastest update is:

Head Office

I had a dpd delivery delayed this week and emailed customer service email saying I needed it.

was delivered that day.

got delivered by a young lad in a big 19-d jag bizzarely.

My brother works for dpd. Pre covid19 he said each driver did 80 deliveries a day. Now they're asked to do between 140 and 150 and work Saturdays too.

It just arrived i'm so excited!! straight on to animal crossing asap :D

bluewolf wrote:
    It just arrived i'm so excited!! straight on to animal crossing asap

Haha, my wife's one arrived on Friday. It was a 'productive' animal crossing weekend :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Len_007

Mr.S wrote: »
    Back in stock in Currys IE

Briefly!

Advertisement