Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switch sold out everywhere?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Bought a 2DS XL last Christmas to play DQ VIII. Surprisingly, given their relative shortage, CEX reduced their trade in prices for the console in the past week??!!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

It's end of life. I don't think the demand is there.

I traded my New 3DS for a New 2DS before Christmas. I think I've played on it twice.

The Switch has completely taken over.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭coffeyt

Just wondering if anyone knows if any stock is expected anytime soon anywhere!!!

My son has been asking for switch for his birthday in about 5 weeks time and I didn't realise there was an issue with getting them until I went looking this week.

Would really appreciate a heads up if any one has any info!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

coffeyt wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone knows if any stock is expected anytime soon anywhere!!!

My son has been asking for switch for his birthday in about 5 weeks time and I didn't realise there was an issue with getting them until I went looking this week.

Would really appreciate a heads up if any one has any info!

Where are you based, might have one reserved in Omni Centre in Dublin?

Rhyme wrote: »
    Where are you based, might have one reserved in Omni Centre in Dublin?

I'm actually in Tipperary but would travel to get it, he has been asking for it since last November so kinda deperate!!!

• Advertisement

You can reserve it here; https://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/2078126/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CVideo+games%7C14419738/c_2/3%7C19780877%7CNintendo+Switch%7C50000328/c_3/4%7Ccat_50000328%7CNintendo+Switch+consoles%7C50000329.htm

There might be one closer to home though, better to reserve the above one and then go hunting so at least you have a backup.

You can reserve it here; https://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/2078126/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CVideo+games%7C14419738/c_2/3%7C19780877%7CNintendo+Switch%7C50000328/c_3/4%7Ccat_50000328%7CNintendo+Switch+consoles%7C50000329.htm

There might be one closer to home though, better to reserve the above one and then go hunting so at least you have a backup.

Hiya just tried to reserve but came up as not purchased at the end as being not available. Thanks for trying though I have to keep on the hunt!

Hiya just tried to reserve but came up as not purchased at the end as being not available. Thanks for trying though I have to keep on the hunt!

Crap, sorry. Someone must have swooped in. I'll keep looking.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 252 ✭✭viclemronny

Clonmel seems sold out. I've reserved one in at Stephens Green Shopping Centre for you. Gimme a pm if that's any use to you and I'll flick on the email and reservation details.

Given the drive, if recommend we check on the morning your about to drive up.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭coffee to go

I have one reserved in Limerick Childers Road for collection on Saturday if that’s any use to you?

PM me for the code etc if ye like.

• Advertisement

I have one reserved in Limerick Childers Road for collection on Saturday if that’s any use to you?

PM me for the code etc if ye like.

Pm sent, thanks a million. Fingers crossed it turns up and not a glitch on the system!!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

coffeyt wrote:
    Pm sent, thanks a million. Fingers crossed it turns up and not a glitch on the system!!!

Argos had stock on Monday in the UK. They sold 1500 switches in a few hours on eBay. Usually means our batch is soon to follow :)

tedpan wrote: »
    Argos had stock on Monday in the UK. They sold 1500 switches in a few hours on eBay. Usually means our batch is soon to follow :)

Thanks a million, I'll keep an eye on the stock over the next few days. I'm at the stage where I'm going to have to look at 2nd hand if no joy soon even though obviously i'd prefer to purchase new!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,395 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

The dreaded C word has been mentioned in my house and a Coral Switch lite is top of one list (to go with my OG switch and another daughters lite), they seem to be next to impossible to get through the usual suspects, if anyone happens across one i would appreciate a heads up.

The dreaded C word has been mentioned in my house and a Coral Switch lite is top of one list (to go with my OG switch and another daughters lite), they seem to be next to impossible to get through the usual suspects, if anyone happens across one i would appreciate a heads up.

Ugh, that C-word. I do my shopping for that particular season in early October/November but July is far too early.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Donutz

Rhyme wrote:
    Ugh, that C-word. I do my shopping for that particular season in early October/November but July is far too early.

My daughter is asking for one too this year. Although I agree it might be pretty early to do some shopping, it's not a bad idea to get the cost of a new switch out of the way before we make it to full madness buying mode.

Donutz wrote: »
    My daughter is asking for one too this year. Although I agree it might be pretty early to do some shopping, it's not a bad idea to get the cost of a new switch out of the way before we make it to full madness buying mode.

That's true. Talking to my parents about their buying 30+ years ago and buying now, there's a lot more to save for these days. I've a 1 year old at home and when he's older he'll be sending his letter at the beginning of November and woe betide him if he changes his mind after that.

My logic will be that if there is some exclusive item like the Switch at that time and it's as elusive as this console, I'll buy one and if, before the letter leaves in November, he changes his mind, I'll sell it on at cost. I've done similar with gifts for my nieces, Hatchimals being a memorable one.

Everything else can wait until after Halloween but I feel like the Switch is going to be next to impossible to get so would like to pick one up ASAP.

Back In stock in Currys pc world and a few smyths toys if anyone is on the hunt.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Back In stock in Currys pc world and a few smyths toys if anyone is on the hunt.

Thanks for the heads up. Ordered one just now. My son has been wanting one for ages and maybe me too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

cant find any, in saying that I'm limited to a few stores as I have a 300 euro one for all voucher , argos seem to be always out of stock in dublin, as are gamestop and currys/pc world.
    I didnt realise they were so popular.
    My daughter is devestated. (or am I :) )
    if anyone hears of any stock could they let me know please.
    Much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Donutz

sham69 wrote:
    cant find any, in saying that I'm limited to a few stores as I have a 300 euro one for all voucher , argos seem to be always out of stock in dublin, as are gamestop and currys/pc world. I didnt realise they were so popular. My daughter is devestated. (or am I ) if anyone hears of any stock could they let me know please. Much appreciated.

I was the same with a 300 one for all voucher. I kept checking stock in the local argos stores and somehow by sheer luck 1 appeared there on Monday. I reserved and collected it yesterday. I did speak to staff in gamestop and they told me that they didn't know when they would get stock back in but smyths seem to be selling them online again so I'm sure other stores will be getting them back in stock soon enough.

There are ways of cashing a One4All voucher but it costs a small amount of the voucher. A thread on Reddit posted this link and sounded like they had some success https://www.gvsprepaid.com/one4allie-tcs.html

Just in case Smyths get the consoles in stock as they don't accept One4All vouchers.

If Argos, Gamestop or Currys get them in in the meantime, you're set.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭The White Feather

sham69 wrote: »
    cant find any, in saying that I'm limited to a few stores as I have a 300 euro one for all voucher , argos seem to be always out of stock in dublin, as are gamestop and currys/pc world.
    I didnt realise they were so popular.
    My daughter is devestated. (or am I :) )
    if anyone hears of any stock could they let me know please.
    Much appreciated.

They are available in Currys pc world still. Though I know you said you have a voucher. I ordered it online and came quickly. Maybe you could give someone you know the voucher and they order it online for you

https://www.currys.ie/ieen/tv-and-home-entertainment/gaming/gaming-consoles/nintendo-switch-neon-red-blue-10163022-pdt.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

Stock in argos now folks, managed to reserve one for tomorrow, Ashbourne and blanchardstown seem to have a few....

No Lite available anywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Eduard Khil

Smyth's have the coral pink lite in loads of stores bundle deals better value than sole console

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/nintendo-gaming/nintendo-switch/nintendo-switch-lite/c/nintendo-switch-lite

Smyth's have the coral pink lite in loads of stores bundle deals better value than sole console

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/nintendo-gaming/nintendo-switch/nintendo-switch-lite/c/nintendo-switch-lite

Excellent, I had given up on the coral version already. Cheers for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

The coral seems to be on a couple of sites. As for the rest who knows.

Looking for yellow one meself for me son sure one will pop up somewhere at some stage!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Eduard Khil

Get him the pink tell him it's Salmon

Advertisement