Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Healy Raes

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,283 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

I posted here a few days ago that the HR genius is the us and them agenda they push, it can be seen here over the last few pages. There are people like this all over the country getting voted in it’s not rural v urban like they would have us believe but these are probably the most adept at making it seem that way. They are county councillors getting TDs wages and expenses, some people will say fair play to them but you can’t expect a well run country if you vote based on local problems that should be sorted locally.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Don't be fooled by their deliverance like culchie shtick...these two are as cute as foxes.

I've met them both - Michael is quite clever, savy and good at dealing with people

Danny, on the other hand, is playing no games in terms of putting on an act.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭Bellview

tjhook wrote: »
    The only way I can see to make the system work is to give local politicians more power. Make it so the Dail has little or no power over local matters.

The people in each constituency can vote for their own local politicians. If they choose badly, they only have themselves to blame for their choice.

Meanwhile, national politicians deal with national and international issues.

Of course the current system suits the parish pump incumbents, so it will not change.

thats why we have concil elections and general elections... and in fairness to the HR group .. as theyhave 3 councillors and 2 TD's.. they are selling the local story when running for national .. so the real question then is why did we vote for the 3 councillors as it sounds like the 2 TD's must think they are incompetent

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭DFGrange

The H-R Dynasty is an excellent expression of true Irishness.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,826 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

There were people from all walks of life at the book launch last night, from very young children with their parents to couples and individuals who I'd guess were well over the eighties and every age in between. They weren't all typical looking gombeens either, people might be surprised if they had a view of the audience that attended.

Tommy Tiernan was the MC for the evening, he had to travel back to Galway afterwards last night and then he'll be going across to Dublin this morning for Gay Byrne's funeral a lot of effort on his behalf. He wouldn't be my favourite entertainer by a long shot but fair play to him for making the journey and he did a very good interview.

Mike had the audience in the palm of his hand. He is the exact same talking to anyone or in front of anyone, captivating and at ease with any subject. He's a natural orator, a highly underrated skill these days when the keyboard has become the main means of communication to a lot of people.

He spoke about many subjects and they weren't all just about Kerry or Kerry people, he has some very insightful opinions and just has a natural charm and wit coupled with his ability to articulate his point of view. There were a lot of books sold, there was a least 8 people manning the sales counters before and after the launch and an awful lot of people were buying more than one copy. On last nights sales alone I'd say it will make the best sellers list.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

There were people from all walks of life at the book launch last night, from very young children with their parents to couples and individuals who I'd guess were well over the eighties and every age in between. They weren't all typical looking gombeens either, people might be surprised if they had a view of the audience that attended.

Tommy Tiernan was the MC for the evening, he had to travel back to Galway afterwards last night and then he'll be going across to Dublin this morning for Gay Byrne's funeral a lot of effort on his behalf. He wouldn't be my favourite entertainer by a long shot but fair play to him for making the journey and he did a very good interview.

Mike had the audience in the palm of his hand. He is the exact same talking to anyone or in front of anyone, captivating and at ease with any subject. He's a natural orator, a highly underrated skill these days when the keyboard has become the main means of communication to a lot of people.

He spoke about many subjects and they weren't all just about Kerry or Kerry people, he has some very insightful opinions and just has a natural charm and wit coupled with his ability to articulate his point of view. There were a lot of books sold, there was a least 8 people manning the sales counters before and after the launch and an awful lot of people were buying more than one copy. On last nights sales alone I'd say it will make the best sellers list.

So?

I'd say they don't have to even bother canvassing for votes and know they are a shoo in come the next election, have to say it's baffling how popular they are down in Kerry.

Not at all baffling. Like votes for like. And other factors..

DavyD_83 wrote: »
    HR: I'll keep the people who decide if I have a job happy, feck the rest of them.
    Kerry ppl: he looks after us, of course he'll get my vote.

Hard to argue with really, and harder to see it changing unless the system changes.
    Maybe if every TD looked after their own areas as well, and was punished by not being re-elected when they didn't, we'd have a better infrastructure as a whole.
    I can't remember the last time I heard anybody speak of a Dublin TD as useful on any visible level.

Leave the international stuff to the ministers (or somebody). If TDs are meant to be looking after their voters and only their voters, who is meant to look after the country?

That, or everybody start working towards a common interest; but that seems a lot more fanciful at this stage.

Yep, I still think they're a bunch of selfish bog men lining their own pockets.

Looks after some of the people some of time if their interests do not conflict with theirs.

Graces7 wrote: »
    So?

It's a thread about the Healy Rae's dear.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

There are Cute Kerry Hoors

And that immediately puts them in the Top League of Cute Irish Hoors

We are never going to run out of Healy Raes .

Just surrender now .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,651 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

jmayo wrote: »
    Well there is a group of Irish people nowadays, lets call them the urban elite, who probably have a job with a large multinational possibly either a large tech company or pharma company, who then proceed to look down their nose at anything and anyone rural.

Often the case is anything west of Rathcoole, Leixlip and Blanchardstown, because some of these actual view non Dublin cities as little more than large collections of culchies.

And this group often comprise those that are not even native Dubs, but ones who hailed from some town or other, possibly even the countryside itself, before trundling off to college and now have a nice job with a major company in the big city.
    The mindset is really viewable when it comes to debates about rural housing, farming, transport, sports even and also having pops at rural politicians.

The funny thing is there are a quite a few real life Aonghus von Bismarks out there.

And the biggest shyters in Irish politics were from and elected by urban Dublin or doesn't the names haughey, lawlor, burke, ahern, callely, cosgrove ring any bells.

I presume that would be Danny.
    And yes he is often fond of Don Quixote type escapades tilting at windmills.

One would think, but then again our nearest neighbours have decided to laterally shoot themselves in both feet and then resort to electing a buffoon as leader.

We have a habit of naval gazing and admonishing ourselves yet when you look at the wider world one can find some astounding stupidity.
    It is a human thing.

It is like when some lament about some backwards inbred shytehole somewhere in Ireland, it basically shows they have traveled fook all because such places exist around the world.
    Even in the most developed of countries.

Pass the vinegar

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

blinding wrote: »
    There are Cute Kerry Hoors

And that immediately puts them in the Top League of Cute Irish Hoors

We are never going to run out of Healy Raes .

Just surrender now .

Bypass Killorglin. Connect the N72 or whatever to Milltown way before Kilorglin.
    Close Killorglin Community College.

People are voting for these people on the off chance that they'll have the balance of power at some stage and then €€€€€€€ for the parish.

It is currently a one way bet.

Make it a two way bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

You'd swear the way some are going on here that they only vote for T.D s that promise to deliver world peace. Any T.D.s that gets a high vote in Ireland does so because they look after their constituencies. The H.R.s just do it more blatantly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭SlowBlowin

Blatantly = Transparency.

Transparency is a good thing.

I hope for Kerry peoples continued good Public Representation that the Healy Raes have a good breeding programme in action .

I think in 2022 MHR is going out to stud.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,957 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

blinding wrote: »
    I hope for Kerry peoples continued good Public Representation that the Healy Raes have a good breeding programme in action .

They do. Next generation are all over the local councils. Two of Michaels's sons roughed up a few lads, with their trial postponed to November. One of them still got elected.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/healyrae-brothers-assault-trial-to-resume-in-november-38535286.html

Not met Jackie Jr. but Johnny is a nice lad.

SlowBlowin wrote: »
    Very important . The more Healy Raes to choose from the better .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,651 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

There were a lot of books sold, there was a least 8 people manning the sales counters before and after the launch and an awful lot of people were buying more than one copy. On last nights sales alone I'd say it will make the best sellers list.

It likely will. It takes depressingly few sales to top the bestseller list in Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,501 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Gregory was the first instance of Me Feinism that I can recall

Except he didn't become a multi-millionaire on the back of his work.
    He alleviated abject poverty & neglect and stood up to the lazy Gardai, the lazy government and the drug lords in his fight against heroin.

The Healy Rae's dear what?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

Graces7 wrote: »
    The Healy Rae's dear what?
    It the Healy's Rae not the Healy Rae's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Should that not be Deer?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,150 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

SlowBlowin wrote: »

I think Michael may be a bit disappointed when the AI man appears.

I think Michael may be a bit disappointed when the AI man appears.
    They are way ahead of Artificial Inteligence .

• Registered Users Posts: 16,272 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

John_Rambo wrote: »
    Except he didn't become a multi-millionaire on the back of his work.
    He alleviated abject poverty & neglect and stood up to the lazy Gardai, the lazy government and the drug lords in his fight against heroin.

In fairness there's nothing wrong with making smart business decisions to become rich.

Dubs seem to regard Gregory as some kind of saint.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,501 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

In fairness there's nothing wrong with making smart business decisions to become rich.

Good point. You're dead right, Healy Rae's a smart, cynical and opportunistic mover. Protested at the Allsops auctions of the distressed properties, then sneaked in the back door and bought a house from them that was seized from one of his constituents that couldn't afford the mortgage to further his profit.

Not afraid to screw over his fellow county families to further his property portfolio whilst pretending to care.

Gregory actually saved lives, combatted slum lords & drug lords, he took big risks and unlike the Healy Rae's didn't abuse his constituents pain and distress to fill his already full & greasy pockets.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

Gregory is one of the few politicians whose question isn't what's in it for me!

• Advertisement

Gregory is one of the few politicians whose question isn't what's in it for me!

You do know he's dead 10 years?

Advertisement