Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Jennifer zamparelli show thread

Options
  • 24-06-2020 2:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭

The fact that there isn't already a thread here about this show probably says it all. I have listened and think Jennifer zamparelli sounds like a totally amateur radio host, I have heard ty students on community radio who were better standard. Jennifer zamparelli's style of broadcasting reminds me of an AA roadwatch girl having to host a show at very short notice because the proper host has called in sick.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭DrSerious3

Damian F wrote: »
    The fact that there isn't already a thread here about this show probably says it all. I have listened and think Jennifer zamparelli sounds like a totally amateur radio host, I have heard ty students on community radio who were better standard. Jennifer zamparelli's style of broadcasting reminds me of an AA roadwatch girl having to host a show at very short notice because the proper host has called in sick.

I have had the misfortune to hear it on occasion. She always seems to be talking about bondage, sexual fetishes and other items which I do not wish to hear on RTE at 10am. Perhaps there is a large audience out there for this type of conversation, although I suspect not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

I can't stand the show. She was slightly tempered before on the Breakfast show by the two lads, but she was bad enough on that.

I don't understand how she gets the gigs she gets. Do you reckon she just screams in someone's face until she breaks them down?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭TheDavester

I can't stand the show. She was slightly tempered before on the Breakfast show by the two lads, but she was bad enough on that.

I don't understand how she gets the gigs she gets. Do you reckon she just screams in someone's face until she breaks them down?

a reality show "star" on the UK Apprentice in 2008, voted off the show mid way through...RTE probably assumed she was popular....unlike the Maura one from Love Island and many other irish reality show "stars" ,they usually fade away after a few months of the reality show fame...she left republic of telly to break out onto English tv, but from her POV she wisley stayed with the RTE cash cow where she barely has to try and get opportunity after opportunity like so many on the station

• Registered Users Posts: 73,388 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

She’s a dose. I don’t listen to 2fm but sometimes will hear her show by accident,
    I don’t know how she’s there. That said she’s in good company on that station with Lottie Ryan and Eoghan McDermott.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Damian F

Considering the effort 2fm have gone to the past few years to reinvent themselves as a youth station, one wonders why they chose a 40 year old woman to host the flagship midmorning show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Lord Nelson

The good news at least is that she recently stated that her daughter would only enter showbiz over her dead body. Hopefully she'll keep her word and we'll be spared another talentless sprog jumping on the RTÉ gravy train.

Considering the effort 2fm have gone to the past few years to reinvent themselves as a youth station, one wonders why they chose a 40 year old woman to host the flagship midmorning show.

McDermott is pushing 40 who cant get over his college days, (being a groupie for Picture this/dressing like a River island catalog threw up on him) Fanning still does stuff for 2fm doesnt he...So is Jenny Greene, Tracey Clifford and Cormac Battle...most of them come off as despertly holding on to their youth....and RTE obviously has no idea how to relate to the 18-35 demographic

The good news at least is that she recently stated that her daughter would only enter showbiz over her dead body. Hopefully she'll keep her word and we'll be spared another talentless sprog jumping on the RTÉ gravy train.

didnt vogue williams say the same a few months ago and a few weeks later her annoying fairy ad has the kid in it as well

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 30 Nicky88

Every dog has its day

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 30 Nicky88

Every dog has its day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Funny enough she is a good looking girl, and is a good fit for TV. On radio, you can't see her, so she is wasted a bit. The problem as I see it is she has her moments, but she is not funny, so how is the girl a comedian? I can't remember a single funny joke or moment from Jennifer, so as a comedian she is a bit of a failure in my opinion

McDermott is pushing 40 who cant get over his college days, (being a groupie for Picture this/dressing like a River island catalog threw up on him) Fanning still does stuff for 2fm doesnt he...So is Jenny Greene, Tracey Clifford and Cormac Battle...most of them come off as despertly holding on to their youth....and RTE obviously has no idea how to relate to the 18-35 demographic

Yes far too many old codgers on the national youth station. They should do a complete clear out and start afreash with a load of 21/22 year old college graduates who don't have relations already working in RTE.

Funny enough she is a good looking girl, and is a good fit for TV. On radio, you can't see her, so she is wasted a bit. The problem as I see it is she has her moments, but she is not funny, so how is the girl a comedian? I can't remember a single funny joke or moment from Jennifer, so as a comedian she is a bit of a failure in my opinion

she has one bit/shtick - since her Republic of Telly days - the mean girl who tells like it is....yeah its a discount shop Kathryn Ryan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

Great news guys! By pressing the button you can change station. Imagine.

The girl seems to be doing her best. Not everyones thing but whatever. Who needs this thread?

Truthvader wrote: »
    Who needs this thread?

This is a radio discussion forum for discussing radio

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭MayoAreMagic

To my mind, she has gotten her current job, in no small part, because she is a woman and stations seem to want to tick that box as many times as they can these days. Id be of the mind that she is fully aware of this herself and fully intends to ride that gravy train for as long as she can get away with. It is depressing that that is how it work these days.
    If we learned anything from the tommy tiernan show, it is that someone who is interested in their actual role and isnt of that self obsessed, tunnel vision of their own career ilk, is somebody that people enjoy hearing speak. They are more real. This one is the exact opposite of that. In fact, so it eoin mcdermott, and lottie ryan.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,129 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

To be fair, she got the job because she was already doing other work for RTE.

Bridget & Eamonn on TV and she was on breakfast radio as part of a 3 team show.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭MayoAreMagic

NIMAN wrote: »
    To be fair, she got the job because she was already doing other work for RTE.

Bridget & Eamonn on TV and she was on breakfast radio as part of a 3 team show.

Well, so were plenty of other people. I stand over the belief that if she was a man she wouldnt have gotten the position. It is just the way of the world these days. Ultimately, the quality of the actual show is what suffers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭ruwithme

has she changed her surname or got married??
    if it's the latter it's unusual for a professional to use anything other than their maiden name in their career

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭CBear1993

Class comment lol love it . Spot on

• Advertisement

ruwithme wrote: »
    has she changed her surname or got married??
    if it's the latter it's unusual for a professional to use anything other than their maiden name in their career

Yes she got married, Mairead Ronan is another example of someone who took her husband's surname so perhaps it's going to become more common

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

Yes she got married, Mairead Ronan is another example of someone who took her husband's surname so perhaps it's going to become more common

She only took his name when she upgraded to husband no.2

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭Breaston Plants

Heard bits of it here and there, absolutely terrible. Also the way she talks through her nose is quite irritating.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭McGinniesta

Heard bits of it here and there, absolutely terrible. Also the way she talks through her nose is quite irritating.

She spends more time talking through another hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭screamer

2fm need to realise the demographic they are trying oooh so hard to appeal to, don’t listen to radio. I’ve heard this show a couple of times and nah, it’s crude at times, and pathetic at others. Don’t see it lasting very long to be honest.
    I also dislike the Mairead Farrell show, just replaced Darcy with her. It is literally the same show.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Zamp getting hammered on Twitter over invite to anti maskers to share views on the show

• Registered Users Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Zamp getting hammered on Twitter over invite to anti maskers to share views on the show

Quickly dealt with this morning and promptly swept under the carpet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Double O Seven

Twitter has become judge jury and executioner in this country

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

JZ: What do you think of the far right?
    Everyone: Don't give them a platform ffs
    JZ: THE ABUSE I'M NOW ENDURING IS SHOCKING AND ABSOLUTELY SHAMEFUL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,119 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

First time tuning in this morning to hear the conversation, what a snowflake she is afraid of the twitter mob, won't be turning in ever again.

Advertisement