Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Peugeot 208e 50kWh

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭Miscreant

slave1 wrote: »
    Shouldn’t have to resort to that in a spanking brand new car

I completely agree with you there.
    It's is just something that may help in the short term before bringing the car back to the dealership.
    I would definitely be looking for a permanent solution from Peugeot of this turns out to be a common issue.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Thanks lads, yeah car is about 2 months old. Taking it into the dealer tomorrow, typical it wasn't doing it the start lf last week when we were in there for its post sale complimentary check up.

Interesting its in that ip but couldn't see it in a Google search so not sure hkw common it is.

Tried another public charger today- did the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭Jimjay

Markcheese wrote: »
    Saw an e-corsa for the first time yesterday, I know it's the same car as the e208 , but it looked very dull in comparison ...
    ( Could be that the corsa was silver / grey )

I chose the corsa over the 208 - I prefer the corsa in the darker colours though rather than the white or silver. The 208 looks great from the front with the big grill but I preferred the lights and side styling on the corsa with its sweep line at the bottom. Thats just a personal choice though. The interior of the 208 is "cooler" but again I prefer the way the main screen on the corsa is designed into the dash rather than stuck on top. The corsa instrument panel screen is very boring though. (but does what its meant to)

525556.jpg

525559.jpg

525558.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭nu_90

Has anyones e208 stopped charging after about 40 mins? Total battery level is only at around 70%

Has happened with:

2 different home chargers and 2 different public chargers so 4 in total.

Green light continues to flash at the plug on the car but dash and app show no power going through (and we didn't get the charge we were expecting).

Has only started doing this this week.

Maybe you have the settings set to charge to that 70% mark. I'm not sure but we had that issue before with leaf only charging to 80% and cutting out then.

Something about trying to get maximum battery usage , not charging to 100%

nu_90 wrote: »
    Maybe you have the settings set to charge to that 70% mark. I'm not sure but we had that issue before with leaf only charging to 80% and cutting out then.

Something about trying to get maximum battery usage , not charging to 100%

Thought of that but its never been a problem until now.

Took it into the dealer this morning, their service team had not heard of the issue (we referred to the comment in the youtube link skmekne kindly posted above). They reset the battery and have asked Peogeot for advice as he said there's somethings they are not alloaed to do without prior approval from France.

Have to wait for them to come back to use....

Stopped off at a free public charger for about 40 mins afterwards, started with 82% but stopped again as only reached 88% (and was no longer charging according to the dash when I returned).

Plug was locked in though (green light flashing on car and chargd point) so it looks like it's charging....but dash says otherwise.

• Advertisement

Looks like Peogeot in France wsnt to try replacing the battery pack to see if it fixes the problem. Have to take it in to the dealer here next week....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

Looks like Peogeot in France wsnt to try replacing the battery pack to see if it fixes the problem. Have to take it in to the dealer here next week....

jesus, not a great start! hopefully its a one off

copeyhagen wrote: »
    jesus, not a great start! hopefully its a one off

They said they had not heard of it locally but it was commented on during a youtube review- fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,076 ✭✭✭✭KCross

They said they had not heard of it locally...

Car dealers always say that, but to be fair it’s a new platform so it is probably true but they wouldn’t say “yea, common problem”!! :)

They’ll have to sort it anyway so hopefully you won’t be put off by it.

KCross wrote: »
    Car dealers always say that, but to be fair it’s a new platform so it is probably true but they wouldn’t say “yea, common problem”!! :)

They’ll have to sort it anyway so hopefully you won’t be put off by it.

Yeah, downside of buying a new model, never been in this situation before.

Still love the car, as long as its fixed which it will be will be grand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Agent_47

Yeah, downside of buying a new model, never been in this situation before.

Still love the car, as long as its fixed which it will be will be grand.

Any update?

Agent_47 wrote: »
    Any update?

Yeah had to leave car with dealer on Thursday and Friday, new battery pack installed but they couldn't get all the software updates to go through so they rang on Friday morning to say we should be able to collect on Monday.

Got a demo e208 while it's being resolved, not the one we test drove but newer - 500kms on the clock :)

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭NyOmnishambles

Yeah had to leave car with dealer on Thursday and Friday, new battery pack installed but they couldn't get all the software updates to go through so they rang on Friday morning to say we should be able to collect on Monday.

Got a demo e208 while it's being resolved, not the one we test drove but newer - 500kms on the clock :)

Glad that is getting sorted for you, hopefully it is smooth sailing for you from now on

I have a GT Line in Blue on order for January, very much looking forward to its arrival

I also tested an ID3 before deciding and whilst it is very nice to drive and a lovely car I found the interface more difficult to get to grips with and preferred the interior and exterior of the e208

Plus I don't need the extra space of the ID3 and am happy in a small hatchback so seeing as the ID3 ended up being significantly more expensive when the trade in was taken into account I went for the e208

I know the e208 comes with a granny cable so need to look into a type 2 cable or see if I can talk the dealer into helping me out

Glad that is getting sorted for you, hopefully it is smooth sailing for you from now on

I have a GT Line in Blue on order for January, very much looking forward to its arrival

I also tested an ID3 before deciding and whilst it is very nice to drive and a lovely car I found the interface more difficult to get to grips with and preferred the interior and exterior of the e208

Plus I don't need the extra space of the ID3 and am happy in a small hatchback so seeing as the ID3 ended up being significantly more expensive when the trade in was taken into account I went for the e208

I know the e208 comes with a granny cable so need to look into a type 2 cable or see if I can talk the dealer into helping me out

Thanks.

We looked at the specs for the ID3 (car wasn't out at that time) but decided on the e208 (Alure), love it and the blue is a beautiful colour.

Re the cable, the dealer sold us a type 2 for about €300 I think it was - while we bargained on price and extras he wouldn't budgd on the cost of the cable.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,759 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Thanks.

We looked at the specs for the ID3 (car wasn't out at that time) but decided on the e208 (Alure), love it and the blue is a beautiful colour.

Re the cable, the dealer sold us a type 2 for about €300 I think it was - while we bargained on price and extras he wouldn't budgd on the cost of the cable.

You got done for that cable, should have went elsewhere.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

slave1 wrote: »

Yeah I'm still pissed with myself for getting ripped off on the type 2 cable, stupidly didn't even consider getting it elsewhere. It's not like the one we got came in a fancy bag or is branded, came in a clesr plastic bag just like Amazon would send probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭JohnC.

It's pretty stingy for anyone to sell an EV without a cable.

JohnC. wrote: »
    It's pretty stingy for anyone to sell an EV without a cable.

Well they give you a granny cable....that should really be the optional extra.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭collsoft

I would name and shame this dealer - selling an EV without a cable that enables you to charge on street is just ridiculous.
    JPA wrote: »
    You got done for that cable, should have went elsewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

collsoft wrote: »
    I would name and shame this dealer - selling an EV without a cable that enables you to charge on street is just ridiculous.

Same with all the dealers pretty much

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭collsoft

Wow, Im surprised by that.

Its not like its an "Optional Extra", its a necessity especially in cities where people need to use on street parking at home.

I picked up my PHEV at the beginning of September and I got both the Granny Cable and a Type 2 with the car.
    Same with all the dealers pretty much

So got the car back on Tuesday, seems they had problems getting the five software updates into the car.

So far so good, one of the updates was the range now moves in multiples of 2 and not 10 as previous. Have not had to charge yet....

Suprised a 3 month old car needed 5 software updates already, assumed when they hand it over brand new the updates would be done (from when it first left the factory).

Anyway, this is our first ever brand new car we're new to all this.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Suprised a 3 month old car needed 5 software updates already, assumed when they hand it over brand new the updates would be done (from when it first left the factory).

It's always fun getting a new car in the first year it's on sale, the software updates should slow down.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,848 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

what has the budget done to the price of this car?

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 12,076 ✭✭✭✭KCross

silverharp wrote: »
    what has the budget done to the price of this car?

No change. Still gets grant and VRT relief.

Pity they don't use OTA updates would save having to bring the car in all the time.

Pity they don't use OTA updates would save having to bring the car in all the time.

Software can be downloaded from the Peugeot website to a USB key and applied to the car via the USB port

Software can be downloaded from the Peugeot website to a USB key and applied to the car via the USB port

Suppose that's something except if it's to challenging a task for the non tech folk.

• Advertisement

Suppose that's something except if it's to challenging a task for the non tech folk.

If they can get the download onto the USB the car does the rest when you turn it on with the USB plugged in, seems relatively straightforward in fairness

OTA is better obviously but at least there is an option that doesn't involve bringing the car to the dealer

Advertisement