Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brenner Clinic, Williamstown

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Might try and get that.
    My sister (Private Patient) got the letter this morning. Its similar to the one GMS patients got but its from Eithne Brenner herself.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭April1

I also got a letter this morning. Its a bit later. What a shock it must have been for the patients who only found out today. Terrible.

April1 wrote: »
    I also got a letter this morning. Its a bit later. What a shock it must have been for the patients who only found out today. Terrible.

I think everyone knew the past 2 weeks or so. Apparently there was a possibility of a buyer for the private practice but that's now not happening. Also I think we are not allowed change doctor for a good few months.

Did you get the HSE letter a few weeks ago? That said you can not change for 3 months.

Dr Brenner should have sent her own letter out to all patients also. Sending them out the day before they close is ridiculous. Its unfair on the patients.

• Advertisement

Did you get the HSE letter a few weeks ago? That said you can not change for 3 months.
    Dr Brenner should have sent her own letter out to all patients also. Sending them out the day before they close is ridiculous. Its unfair on the patients.
    Yes I got that one. The whole thing is one huge mess. I should have smelled a rat when [name removed] left and walked away then.
    Those letters today were unbelievable, but then someone said to me that they were so busy on the phones and with people calling in that maybe they just didnt send them.
    I am going to try and claim extenuating circumstances and get to change. I have already been to a different doctor anyway and got the referral I needed so if I have to stay there it wont be the end of the world. I hope that when I explain that I got my card due to my medical condition they will let me ove on and start again but I have a feeling not.

I wonder what happened with Dr Breen. What do you think?

Don't want to speculate on here really but he either decided to move on for his own reasons or when he found out the place was closing he just decided to go straight away, which I think is more likely.
    Might never know that for certain but either way, I'm going to really miss him.

I just looked at the letter again.
    Are we allowed to change GP in 3 months from now or how does it work?

Yes I think 3 months from now. The letter I got on Thursday was addressed my little boy!

• Advertisement

I'm confused to what that letter actually means. I had to go to a different Dr during the week but someone told me my change of doctor request won't be accepted so that means I have to go back to carrigdhoun.

Yes, thats right. You can change Dr. after 3 months.

My sister got a second letter because she pays a monthly fee by direct debit so it asked to cancel that. The letter says 3 months after the appointment of a permanent doctor so that's why i'm not sure

Noticed that their website and Facebook Page have been closed down. Neithe of them ever had any announcement about this on them

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭DonFred

My records still have not been released! Whats going on? They emailed me to say it be done 2 weeks ago but still nothing.

DonFred wrote: »
    My records still have not been released! Whats going on? They emailed me to say it be done 2 weeks ago but still nothing.

If you have a medical card they are gone straight to the new place. No idea about the rest, the whole episode is a mess from start to finish. I wish I copped on to what was happening earlier and got out sooner.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭alibab

Well to date i have got no letter never mind medical notes and there were 3 of us there . Not on medical card so i am in limbo no gp at present no notes , Great communication

I think there was some confusion about the letter that the HSE sent out. Apparently the medical card patients who were transferred over to the news GP. Will be with that GP practice until the HSE can find a temporary GP (who you will have to stay with for 3 months) then after this you can change GP. So for now things are up in the air.

The letter really wasn't clear. I know we are with Dr Grey for 3 months but nobody seems to know whats going to happen after that

• Registered Users Posts: 8,506 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Thank you for your email. We will be printing out all files from Tuesday 22nd April. We will contact you when your files are ready for collection.

• Advertisement

alibab wrote: »
    Well to date i have got no letter never mind medical notes and there were 3 of us there . Not on medical card so i am in limbo no gp at present no notes , Great communication

If you don't have a medical card you can see any Doctor you like. When I moved to the Brenner Clinic, there was some confusion in transferring my notes but I just made an appointment to discuss my medical history anyway so I would do that in your position

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭alibab

Not so simple really both my children have complex special needs . There medical notes are vital to there treatment etc and i have had zero communication and yes i have contacted them by email

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭DonFred

Thank you for your email. We will be printing out all files from Tuesday 22nd April. We will contact you when your files are ready for collection.

Thats exactly what response I got!! No am not on Medical Card and know I can move but I need my notes but yet I have still to receive..

The lack of communication is unbelievable really you when consider her other place is staying open. Surely reputation is every thing.

The lack of communication is unbelievable really you consider her other place is staying open.

The lack of communication is unbelievable really you consider her other place is staying open.

That's been the case all the way through this over the last 2 months.
    I got my new medical card in the post today.
    My sister got her notes out. They weren't even put into an envelope, just stapled together in a bundle.

I totally agree about the lack of communication. It really doesnt make Dr Brenner look good. I got the feeling the other day that Dr Gray is overwhelmed with her medical card patients. How can Dr Brenner carry on knowing she has left so many people confused and angry. She has a duty of care to set the record straight. Shame on her!

April I couldn't have put that any better! Sometimes the truth hurts but it's what people deserve to know.
    What I got from her newspaper article a few weeks ago was that [name removed] decided to leave and she felt she couldn't keep the place open with just one doctor.
    Thing is I believe [name removed] would have told me that there was a chance he might not be there, but maybe I'm wrong. When I last saw him we agreed my next visit for 2 months ahead and he left a month after.

Have heard that [name removed] is going to work in Dublin. Apparently he was only in South Africa for a few weeks. I'm fairly sure that's correct because of the person that told me.

• Advertisement

Anyone get letter in the post this morning?

Advertisement