Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Rail jobs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Syndic

Does anyone know if they've already interviewed for the customer service roles? I have an interview next week. Anyone else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

Syndic wrote: »
    Does anyone know if they've already interviewed for the customer service roles? I have an interview next week. Anyone else?

I think someone mentioned they were doing interviews down the country somewhere.

Where did you apply for? I am still waiting to hear back from them.

prinzeugen wrote: »
    I think someone mentioned they were doing interviews down the country somewhere.

Where did you apply for? I am still waiting to hear back from them.

I applied for Dublin. I thought I seen someone mention interviewing for these roles alright but can't find the posts now. Just looking for information about interviews etc.

It seems like they're doing the interviews in small batches so you might hear from them soon if you applied for Dublin too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

Syndic wrote: »
    I applied for Dublin. I thought I seen someone mention interviewing for these roles alright but can't find the posts now. Just looking for information about interviews etc.

It seems like they're doing the interviews in small batches so you might hear from them soon if you applied for Dublin too.

I am hopeful! Dublin also. Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 wellmade2040

Hi all just wondering if anyone who's taken a medical can outline what it entailed , urine test ? Hair test ? Bloods ?

Thanks in advance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Sgt. Bilko 09

Hi all just wondering if anyone who's taken a medical can outline what it entailed , urine test ? Hair test ? Bloods ?

Thanks in advance

It is a standard medical what your gp would normally do.

Yeah, hearing, urine, breathing and eye sight. I think obesity check is done also.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Based on what I've gleaned here, the next steps are:

1. Online tests [completed]
    2. In person tests
    3. Medical
    4. Interview

Is that correct?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭dzsfah2xoynme9

Has anyone heard back after the online tests?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 marley8

Hi I done my online tests , no emails of yet .
    I wonder when we will hear anything back !

It is a standard medical what your gp would normally do.

Yeah, hearing, urine, breathing and eye sight. I think obesity check is done also.

Thanks , do they take a hair sample for alcohol and drug tests do you know or is that analysed via urine , not that it makes a difference really just curious

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Sgt. Bilko 09

Thanks , do they take a hair sample for alcohol and drug tests do you know or is that analysed via urine , not that it makes a difference really just curious

That is a very aged method of testing.
    Hair strand tests are a method of last resort if they can’t find a vain or you have varicose vains. If you suffer with varicose vains I doubt you’ll pass the medical in all honesty, I digress. The molecular strand of hair is damaged or destroyed over time if you are persistently take drugs or alcohol to an abuse stage. The same results show in blood test but it is more accurate. If you have taken drugs it will show.

Urine test is samples are for kidney or liver damage if you pass blood. I think it can show alcohol is in the system also. I am not a medical professional but I know certain information as I have had a fair few.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Tomas99286

I've done the 3 online tests, no reply as of yet nearly a month ago now, where did you apply for?

That is a very aged method of testing.
    Hair strand tests are a method of last resort if they can’t find a vain or you have varicose vains. If you suffer with varicose vains I doubt you’ll pass the medical in all honesty, I digress. The molecular strand of hair is damaged or destroyed over time if you are persistently take drugs or alcohol to an abuse stage. The same results show in blood test but it is more accurate. If you have taken drugs it will show.

Urine test is samples are for kidney or liver damage or damage or if you pass blood. I think it can show alcohol is in the system also. I am not a medical professional but I know certain information as I have had a fair few.

Thanks for the info , I've sent you a pm regarding the medicals seeing as you've taken a few if you don't mind

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mightydrumming

Nothing yet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭dzsfah2xoynme9

Tomas99286 wrote: »
    I've done the 3 online tests, no reply as of yet nearly a month ago now, where did you apply for?

I applied for Limerick. I was thinking I should have applied for Dublin to be in with a better chance. I've no problem moving.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,672 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

I applied for Limerick. I was thinking I should have applied for Dublin to be in with a better chance. I've no problem moving.

Driver? If you score highly and meet the standards they will still bring you in and offer a role in Dublin or anywhere they need people.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 MrBumBum

The blood test is for cholesterol , blood sugars and a couple of other things I cant remember.
    Urine tests for drugs and alcohol .
    Sight and colour blind test, BMI check, ECG, hearing and they test your mobility - such as lean forward, bend down, turn this way, that way etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Tomas99286

I applied for Waterford but I would take Dublin aswell, hopefully we find out soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭TheShepard

Thanks in advance

Ya everything but no hair test. Vision, Hearing, height ,weight, bloods, urine test, ecg , medical history think that's it.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭TheShepard

MrBumBum wrote: »
    The blood test is for cholesterol , blood sugars and a couple of other things I cant remember.
    Urine tests for drugs and alcohol .
    Sight and colour blind test, BMI check, ECG, hearing and they test your mobility - such as lean forward, bend down, turn this way, that way etc.

bloods check your liver function too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

Anyone apply for the general ops roles?

Applied for CSO , had my interview last week and medical passed this morning. Not sure what happens now but just figured I'd post incase any other cso applicants were wondering what the time line was

Thanks, I have my interview this week. Any interview insights for us? I'm just expecting a standard competency interview based on the pre interview form. Any surprises?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭smellyoldboot

Applied 2 years ago and considered the application dead tbh. Just got an email informing me my RAAT and mini-Scaat results are still valid and an invitation to re-sit the LD-SJT. I will for the craic but can't see anything coming of it all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Batman51

Anyone on a 'panel' heard anything since the last round of jobs were advertised?

Got an email on Tuesday to say they will be in contact to let me know the status of application in a few weeks for the driver role.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Batman51

Did you just apply this time around?

Batman51 wrote: »
    Did you just apply this time around?

Yeah this time around.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Got an email on Tuesday to say they will be in contact to let me know the status of application in a few weeks for the driver role.

I'm assuming you got invited to the trial test so. It's a bit mean to phrase it that way.

For those who haven't been invited, and are currently concerned, it just reiterates what was stated in the original invite to the test battery, ie. that you will hear something in a few weeks.
    OPC wrote:
    Please do not reply to this message, it has been automatically generated.

YOUR INVITATION TO ONLINE ASSESSMENT

Dear applicant,

Your Locomotive Driver application - Thank you for your continued patience.
    Over the last few weeks, you have completed the first stages of the assessment for the role of Locomotive Driver with Iarnród Éireann Irish Rail. Within the next few weeks, we will be in contact with you to let you know the status of your application. Please continue to check your emails and junk emails on a regular basis for updates.

Can you help us trial a new test?
    OPC Assessment is developing some new and exciting online psychological tests that Iarnród Éireann ‐ Irish Rail may use in the future as selection tools. We need candidates to trial tests as part of our research and development. Would you be willing to complete a trial test for us?

No Impact on your Locomotive Driver application
    Deciding to complete or not complete the trial test will have no impact on your Locomotive Driver application.

That's all it is.

It's a bit mean to phrase it that way.

Ah come out of the fog will ya!

Pretty certain everyone that applied this time around will have received that email.

Nothing scary or 'concerning' about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,672 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

It usualy 4-6 weeks between taking the online tests and a rejection/progression email. If you fail they will tell you where you need to improve.

Advertisement