Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resident Evil 3 REmake

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

When are reviews out?

4pm today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

Just got my shipping confirmation from GameStop. I would be delighted if that's here tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,532 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Cancel yer pre-orders, Gamespot gave it a 6/10 :)

Still probably gonna be a fairly good game.

https://www.gamespot.com/reviews/resident-evil-3-remake-review-in-progress/1900-6417441/

• Registered Users Posts: 15,278 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

6 Hours long, christ thats short

Kotaku review is up: https://kotaku.com/resident-evil-3-the-kotaku-review-1842559850

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Cheekpieces

Poor reviews all round

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,876 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

All reviews being negative about the 6 hour play time.

For me that's a massive positive. All killer no filler and pretty sure Resident Evil 2 was the same length once you took out the second playthrough.

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

RE3 Nemesis was a shorter game than RE2 was anyway.

Even regardless of the scores and length I'm sure I'll like it and replay it on the harder difficulty modes which apparently mix things up like enemy and item placements.

Will give Resistance a shot as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

The original RE3 was only 6ish hours too, iirc?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,856 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I always remember it as a shorter game but one you'd play multiple times to try unlock the different weapons.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,116 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

How long was RE2 Remake? Feel like Leon and Claire's main playthroughs were 8-10 hours each?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,312 ✭✭✭✭Penn

J. Marston wrote: »
    How long was RE2 Remake? Feel like Leon and Claire's main playthroughs were 8-10 hours each?

Think I got through the first playthrough in just under 7 hours. But it did have 4 different scenarios to play through (similar as they were) whereas RE3 doesn't.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,876 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

My first playthrough was 6 hours.

It feels longer.

Any word on extra scenarios being added and mercenaries like in remake 2?

I mean mercenaries is why resi 3 is fondly remembered.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

If it's anywhere near as good as RE2 I don't care about the length. The 2nd scenario on RE2 didn't necessarily add much to the games in my experience, just an excuse to replay it really.

I've been replaying RE2 for trophies so I've already replayed it several times regardless of what character or replay modes there is.

Still looking forward to this, I haven't been this excited about a game since RDR2. I was never a Resident Evil fan but RE2 was just so good. Currently doing S-Rank runs.

I just don't have anywhere to buy it...

Edit: I see Amazon have it listed now, let's see how long it takes with free shipping.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,312 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Retr0gamer wrote: »

It feels longer.

I think they've just abandoned Mercenaries in favour of the 4v1 Resistance game. I image there'll be some form of extra scenarios like with RE2 though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,509 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Karak from ACG has a review up. Watching now in anticipation. He's very harsh but always fair in his reviews:

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

Poor reviews all round

It has an average of 80 from over 40 reviews

So no they are not poor all round

Re3 remake same length as original

Some Reviewers moan

Gtfo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

It has an average of 80 from over 40 reviews

So no they are not poor all round

80 on Metacritic.

Absolute worthless garbage confirmed.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,509 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Karak from ACG has a review up. Watching now in anticipation. He's very harsh but always fair in his reviews:

Disappointed about the length to be honest. That said, I've preordered the thing so it's too late now. Should be fun at the very least.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,116 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Disappointed about the length to be honest. That said, I've preordered the thing so it's too late now. Should be fun at the very least.

giphy.gif

Retr0gamer wrote: »

It feels longer.

None of that was revealed for a few weeks after launch the last time

I'd suspect the same here

Unfortunately for me my collectors edition is click and collect in gamestop so won't be playing this for a while

Gutted :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

It was never as good as RE2 in the first place but unlike RE2 this remake is full price justified with what looks like a tacked on multiplayer that nobody was asking for. A few reviews I have read or watched mentioned it has less puzzles and locations than the original while the decisions that were in the original aren't there now.
    ACG gave a good review of it, the general consensus seems to be its a drop off in quality from RE2 except IGN who's attempt at getting a box quote is saying its just as good as its predecessor. Yeah, I'm sure it is. ;)

The original resident evil 3 was insanely short so I think it's nostalgia speaking for people remembering the original and it had some annoying puzzles. It was 3 hours. Maybe 4 at most.

Same complaint from Gamestop. They've given it a 6.

H. H. Asquith

Just a general comment but I'm finding there has been an incredible amount of nitpicking in the general gaming community over the last few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭madcabbage

If people are complaining about the length, clearly they've never played a Resident Evil game before. RE3 was notoriously short but loved by the speedrun community. Still looking forward to Friday, my favourite game as a kid being finally reimagined. :)

You've just been listening to me too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,856 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I'm not buying straight away as I've to much to play at the minute but it'll be a great buy in a month or two at a reduced price.

• Advertisement

On the upside, I suppose I can always give Revelations 2 & RE7 a go at last.

H. H. Asquith

Advertisement