Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resident Evil 3 REmake

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭Greyfox

Very happy with the demo, Nemeses is very hard to get away from. This is likely to be my game of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭peter4918

Greyfox wrote: »
    Very happy with the demo, Nemeses is very hard to get away from. This is likely to be my game of the year.
    Agreed (and the last of us 2) Hopefully Smyths will be still open on 3rd April to collect it!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,814 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Greyfox wrote: »
    Nemesis is a lovely chap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

So it looks like Smyth's will be shut on 3rd after new measures announced today. I've a click and collect order for this. Wonder if they will post instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

So it looks like Smyth's will be shut on 3rd after new measures announced today. I've a click and collect order for this. Wonder if they will post instead.

They have a live chat function that works from 9am to 8pm. My advice is go on the contact us page in the morning and ask about it, its much quicker than emailing them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Underground

Ordered this and FF7 from Amazon a while back. Hoping Amazon is a big enough beast to still be operating as normal to deliver the goods.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Davy05

It says on Smyths website that they are still operating a postal delivery service. So that's something at least. Chances are there will be delays with An Post though in the coming days/weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5

Just went through a second play through of RE 2 to get ready for RE3. Did it in 1 day spent all day playing it . Cant wait for it. Have it ordered and ready to download on the PS Store

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Underground

Something ironic about a viral outbreak delaying the release of an RE game...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Ok so a trailer popped up in my YouTube feed from a resident evil channel the trailer is called 'resident evil 3:Jill valentine' all is fine shows a bit of resistance then basically half the story...

I know my own fault for watching bit at the end is fairly spoilery so be warned don't watch it at all even if you played the demo and watched all the trailers so far as it shows a lot...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,991 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Hard to spoil a 20 year old game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Hard to spoil a 20 year old game.

Yeah but there is new bits like the resi 2 remake that people wouldn't want to see in a trailer to be fair.

And for people who may have only played the resi 2 remake may also not want anything spoiled. Not all gamers are old school like us ðŸ˜

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,991 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'm totally avoiding the demo.

For the remake of 2 I was unsure of it until I played the demo and knew it was day one.

For resi 3 I have my mind made up already and Capcom have been knocking it out of the park lately.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

Something ironic about a viral outbreak delaying the release of an RE game...

Corona is all just an elaborate viral marketing campaign!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,362 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I'm totally avoiding the demo.

For the remake of 2 I was unsure of it until I played the demo and knew it was day one.

For resi 3 I have my mind made up already and Capcom have been knocking it out of the park lately.

Same here. I didn't bother with the RE2 demo, and not bothering with this one either. Want to just dive into the game from the start fresh.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,684 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Any thoughts on the next remake?

They're obviously going to make a ton of money from this one, is there any hint that they're planning another? Don't want to get into peoples wishlist of remakes but are there any solid rumors?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,362 ✭✭✭✭Penn

They're obviously going to make a ton of money from this one, is there any hint that they're planning another? Don't want to get into peoples wishlist of remakes but are there any solid rumors?

I don't know if they'd remake 4 or any of the others. If anything, I'd say they might just use what they have from that last two and make a new game in the same vein as those.

Think Resident Evil 8 is next on the release list. I enjoyed 7 but played in VR so would hope for same in 8.

I placed a home delivery order with Smyth's for RE3. My old click and collect order is still showing as "in progress". Hope I don't end up with 2 copies.

Just had an email from Smyth's about the cancellation of RE3 with discount code included to match Click and Collect price for home delivery. Had already ordered so just cancelled that and reordered. Anyone who had ordered should check their emails for discount code.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,804 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Ordered this and FF7 from Amazon a while back. Hoping Amazon is a big enough beast to still be operating as normal to deliver the goods.

Amazon are not delivering anything but essential items Until at least 22nd April.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭Greyfox

I'd love to see a RE4 remake, it's true that its more of an action game but the fact that its widely considered the best of the series surely its a certainty that they will do it. I'd happily buy a RE code veronica remake but that game may not have as much love as 2 and 3. You know if RE3 is as good as the RE2 remake maybe they should finish the umbrella story with a game set in umbrellas headquarters in Paris... ok I realise that's difficult with how RE3 ends but then again convoluted storylines is something Capcom are known for... or they could just do a RE4 remake are make everyone happy

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭daheadonu

Have heard quite abit of info about rhat has me very worried about how this games gonna turn out,will try to be optimistic as the og re3 is my fav game in the series

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭daheadonu

Greyfox wrote:
    I'd love to see a RE4 remake, it's true that its more of an action game but the fact that its widely considered the best of the series surely its a certainty that they will do it. I'd happily buy a RE code veronica remake but that game may not have as much love as 2 and 3. You know if RE3 is as good as the RE2 remake maybe they should finish the umbrella story with a game set in umbrellas headquarters in Paris... ok I realise that's difficult with how RE3 ends but then again convoluted storylines is something Capcom are known for... or they could just do a RE4 remake are make everyone happy

I think code Veronica deserves a remake,it has the best horror atmoy of the entire series imo,very silent hill like.they could rework steve so hes not such a dope,make it so you can't lock yourself out of progression, hope they would keep Alfred bat**** though he's a fav character for me.

All in all though like the remake code Veronica really never got to shine on it's original release,i think with some changes and being remade in re engine it would find a new audience

Code Veronica needs a remake more than resi 4. Resi 4 is still one of the very best action games ever made were as I feel code Veronica is one of the weaker old school resis.

That or zero.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,298 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Code Veronica needs a remake more than resi 4. Resi 4 is still one of the very best action games ever made were as I feel code Veronica is one of the weaker old school resis.

That or zero.

A lot of people are torn on CV, some people seemed to really hate it.

Vicxas wrote: »
    A lot of people are torn on CV, some people seemed to really hate it.

I dont hate code Veronica but once those at the time gorgeous dreamcast visuals dated the base game isn't as good as the better games in the series.

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Well if anyone wants to know what Resident Evil would look like in 2D here's your answer :D

When are reviews out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5

I know Re1 has been remastered already but what about total remake of that. Im playing through it again at the moment. I still love it

Advertisement