Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resident Evil 3 REmake

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,471 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

I bought mine from gamersgate, key available at 2am on the 3rd

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5

playing through Re4 again. Some game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

I'm about 5 hours in, and not finished yet. I'm playing on hardcore mode, I suggest doing that if anyone is worried about the length of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Cynortas

blaa85 wrote:
    I'm about 5 hours in, and not finished yet. I'm playing on hardcore mode, I suggest doing that if anyone is worried about the length of it.

How did you get it early?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Minime2.5 wrote: »
    playing through Re4 again. Some game

Bought RE4 on the switch at Christmas. Surprised how well it still holds up. Definately my favourite RE so far

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

I replayed RE4 recently myself and even 100% the mercenaries mode which I never used to be able to. The game is surprisingly easy with mouse and keyboard controls. You can do all kinds of trickshots and I had like 300 ammo in the middle of Ada's campaign due to knife shenanigans. Easy to stack up tons of resources when you can kill each enemy with an average of 1-3 bullets.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

Got my key there about an hour ago. No pre-load available on Steam though......

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,589 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Rob2D wrote: »
    Got my key there about an hour ago. No pre-load available on Steam though......

Cheers. Got mine as well.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Capcom's UK Community Manager said there will be no-preload on steam. She didn't state the reason why. People are saying it should be released at midnight UK time tonight though.

Azza wrote: »
    Capcom's UK Community Manager said there will be no-preload on steam. She didn't state the reason why. People are saying it should be released at midnight UK time tonight though.

Very odd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,546 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Azza wrote: »

It's been confirmed that it is unlocking at 5am for pc users, absolute bs.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,589 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

And now Youtube is showing my spoilery thumbnails.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 15,283 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Some twitch streamers have early access, just be warned.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Underground

Have it pre - loaded on PS4. You'd think they'd allow earlier access to it given how everyone is stuck at home, often times with nothing better to be at anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Got my copy from Gamestop but no DLC code.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Copy arrived today. Just normal post. Sweet.

Well Gamestop told me to email them for my code, guess we shall have to wait and see if they reply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Well Gamestop told me to email them for my code, guess we shall have to wait and see if they reply.

What's the code for?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Jimbonaut

Got my physical copy from Smyths today. Nothing in the case regarding pre-order bonus. No receipt with a code in the package. Anybody similar?

Have not installed the game yet. Unless I get a prompt then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,883 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

What's the code for?

Pre Order bonus stuff maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,546 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Jimbonaut wrote: »
    Got my physical copy from Smyths today. Nothing in the case regarding pre-order bonus. No receipt with a code in the package. Anybody similar?

Have not installed the game yet. Unless I get a prompt then?

I think only GameStop had the classic costumes here.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Jimbonaut

I think only GameStop had the classic costumes here.

Ah cheers for the info. Makes sense. I just checked on the site and on the FFVII remake page it mentions the pre-order bonus. But nothing on the RE3 remake page.

Guess I'm stuck with that hair...

Jimbonaut wrote: »
    Ah cheers for the info. Makes sense. I just checked on the site and on the FFVII remake page it mentions the pre-order bonus. But nothing on the RE3 remake page.

Guess I'm stuck with that hair...

Remember the big change the costumes were in 2, 3, his hair? That's it, ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

Finished it there on hardcore mode. It had two timers, 7 hours playtime, and 10 hours total. I assume total just includes the amount of times I died.

I did take my time with it. It's a good bit shorter then 2 alright, but I can imagine reruns being more enjoyable. Started into a 2nd run straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

They censored the classic costume. lol

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭daheadonu

They censored the classic costume. lol

No doubt the degenerates on nexus mods will remedy this when the pc version comes out

daheadonu wrote: »
    No doubt the degenerates on nexus mods will remedy this when the pc version comes out

H. H. Asquith

A guide on PC settings optimisation for RE2 from Reddit in case anyone needs it:
    Eurogamer's Digital Foundry did a great PC settings breakdown and comparison here: https://youtu.be/7MvYJLU5FsQ

Dont use DX12, you get nothing but a performance penalty with no benefits.
    Volumetric lighting - Medium, avoid High. You lose 20% performance with very small visual gain from medium. If you need more, switch to low but you'll have artifacts when moving. For reference, XboxOneX uses low.
    Shadow cache on, performance booster.
    Shadow quality: High. Nice to tweak for more performance, but very little difference between max and high yet you get 6% more performance. XboxOneX uses high.
    Ambient Occlusion - SSAO is good. HBAO+ gets you nicer shade but a 6% hit. Off gets you 10% boost.
    Interlacing- Keep it on Native unless you're struggling to push 4K, then you can try Interlacing to get there but you'll get weird artifacts with hair and glossyness if you look for it.
    FXAA+TAA recommended. SMAA and TAA by themselves aren't great. SMAA gives you the same performance as FXAA+TAA. If you turn off AA, you only get 5% performance so its worth having on by far.
    Screen space reflects: Leave on. Its a bit buggy, but its important for the presentation
    Mesh quality Leave on Max. Has almost no performance difference, XboxOneX uses High.
    Texture Quality - High unless you have low VRAM and frame stuttering. Ignore the vram warnings. They're mysterious and don't actually represent whats really happening. It really only affects texture swapping and stuttering. GTX1060 had no problem with High. If your GPU has a low VRAM, then Medium may be better to reduce frame stuttering but always go for High.
    Everything else: Leave on. It only gets you smaller boosts, but nothing huge. Motion blur: 3-4%, Bloom: 3%, Depth of Field: 4-6%
    Note: The first RPD east hallway through the walled gate is a super intensive area, possibly the most intensive area in the game. You'll find your lowest FPS in the whole game here, supposedly. If you're above 60 in this hallway, you're golden for the whole game.

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement

I'm near the end I think and I'm only playing about 4 hours, well seems like the end after the last boss fight I had. And I'm awful at RE, this is my 3rd RE game so it must be real short and I'm not rushing it.

Advertisement