Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade 1Ups replica cabs thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Disappointed to read, on 1Ups own site, that the Asteroids/Tempest cab is borked with a utter sh1te spinner.
    It's not even a proper spinner, despite those being readily available, it's some of clicky plastic thing.
    Perhaps it could be swapped out but, at the prices this is selling for, it's another reason not to buy one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

Anyone know if the recently announced Pac-man cab might make it over here ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,324 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

gah! Gamestop have pushed back the release date to 1st December

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I was all for the Tempest cab but the reviews have put me right off.
    Think I'll give these a miss.

I have all my mod parts ready to install so I'm committed at this stage

• Advertisement

Skerries wrote: »
    I have all my mod parts ready to install so I'm committed at this stage

got an LCD and 60-1?:D

too adventurous for me :D

sticking a Retropie and new buttons/sticks in

sdr4iloa6q021.jpg

the perfect version

• Registered Users Posts: 8,963 ✭✭✭Doge

sdr4iloa6q021.jpg

the perfect version

I actually like it! It eliminates the weakest part of the product and gives it an entirely new purpose!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Walmart selling these for $150 for Black Friday weekend. Wouldn't mind one at that price!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Those movie posters are excellent, do you have any others?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,181 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    No maligning the Spectrum now!
    Of course on the Speccy the primary colours were 'sort of blue' ,'radioactive pink' and 'nuclear custard yellow'

To be fair for us on the commodore 64 they were Brown,Brown,Reddish Brown .

;)

eddhorse wrote: »
    Those movie posters are excellent, do you have any others?

this was a user on Reddit, he said The Raven was a reprint but his others are originals

My SFII finally arrived so I have it setup and I will mod it this weekend

€200 in GameStop. Video from John Hancock that his video output is faulty, the few I've watched about these really aren't positive. The trackball is dodgy, the control panel is easily worn etc.

https://www.gamestop.ie/SearchResult/QuickSearch?q=Arcade1Up

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Ah man I will have to pick one up for €200

Edit - hardly any stock available nationwide

I still want the Asteroids/Tempest cab though!
    But the only one in stock is in Wexford!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭XsApollo

200 euro?
    How hard would it be too hook a Pi 3 up to this?
    The street fighter one is in limerick might go in.

It says free delivery on them, shouldn't be an issue? Only two of them available now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,514 ✭✭✭Inviere

Was just about to pull the trigger there, but sense got the better of me...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,554 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

€200? :eek: total impulse purchase at that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭frasr

Looks like these may be very easy to hack, soldering on a USB cable to the board and plugging in a keyboard seems to be giving more games and some configuration options on some cabs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoqsmylX_AU

I pulled the trigger on a Street Fighter 2, the want/need threshold was nullified with the price drop :)

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭ronanc1000

Has anyone pulled the trigger on these? Seems a very good price. Are these well packaged up for trasit would be my only concern? Little to no in store availability.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭frasr

Been reading up a bit more, some of the different cabs/boards seem to have config files (not roms) from games they tested
    e.g. street fighter board has config files for: 1942, 1944, asteroid, bwidow, ccastles, centiped, defender, ffight, gauntlet, gng, gngt, joust, liberatr, llander, milliped, missle, mk2, rampage, sbrkout, sf2ce, ssf2, ssf2t, strider, striderusa, and tempest.

So I've a feeling these will become very hackable shortly. The original street fighter cab was meant to have SF2, Strider, Final Fight & Ghosts N Goblins, and when they were dropped my interested dropped as well but looking forward to getting sick of SF2 and hopefully by then going back & putting Strider on it...oh the plans I have but won't have the time....

Source:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Arcade1Up/comments/a02870/hack_original_board_not_just_replace_w_pietc/

ronanc1000 wrote: »
    Has anyone pulled the trigger on these? Seems a very good price. Are these well packaged up for trasit would be my only concern? Little to no in store availability.

The packaging is decent with the monitor in the middle so I wouldn't worry about getting it delivered

I finished the mod and can now play all my old arcade favourites alongside NES, SNES, Megadrive, Gameboy and PS1

the only issue I had was that the screws on the paddles were glued on so I had to use a lighter to soften them up before replacing with the better ones

The packaging is decent with the monitor in the middle so I wouldn't worry about getting it delivered

I finished the mod and can now play all my old arcade favourites alongside NES, SNES, Megadrive, Gameboy and PS1

the only issue I had was that the screws on the paddles were glued on so I had to use a lighter to soften them up before replacing with the better ones

Cool! Yeah I went for the Spade invaders cab in the end. The artwork on these look nice and hopefully it'll play well.
    Hopefully won't take too long to arrive! For €200 I think it's a good price compared what they were upon release and probably would have cost me more to build.

It seems the artworks on the controller panel are prone to wear, I believe you can contact 1Up for a clear cover to over the artwork. Could probably get a clear film and do it yourself too.

hopefully it'll play well.

bad news :pac:

bad news :pac:

Do you have one? How do you find it?

• Advertisement

Do you have one? How do you find it?

I don't but have seen the reviews.

Advertisement