Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade 1Ups replica cabs thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Doge

Mine shipped yesterday and I was hoping for it to arrive today but it says it's up in Dublin Parcel centre according to the tracking info.
    I just hope it comes tomorrow so I can sneak it in as I'll be away for a few days haha.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

And, of course, Gamestop ignored my plea to cancel the order and shipped it instead.
    Not only shipped it, but omitted part of my address so it is not going to get delivered now anyway.
    What a shower of half-wits.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

I reckon there'll be a lash of these being offloaded mid-end Jan.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,467 ✭✭✭Inviere

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    And, of course, Gamestop ignored my plea to cancel the order and shipped it instead.
    Not only shipped it, but omitted part of my address so it is not going to get delivered now anyway.
    What a shower of half-wits.

The GameStop customer service email is not regularly monitored as far as I can tell. Had to do a chargeback a year or two ago because I simply couldn't contact anyone to handle a problem. As a result, I'll only ever buy from them now if I can use PayPal.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Inviere wrote: »
    The GameStop customer service email is not regularly monitored as far as I can tell. Had to do a chargeback a year or two ago because I simply couldn't contact anyone to handle a problem. As a result, I'll only ever buy from them now if I can use PayPal.

I get about three automated emails from them instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

horgan_p wrote: »
    I reckon there'll be a lash of these being offloaded mid-end Jan.
    I was thinking the same thing, if only I had more space I'd be aiming to create a mini arcade. I wreckon you'll get them on adverts for anything between €100-150.

Damn thing is still up in Dublin Parcel centre!
    They must be swamped.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Wouldn't put all your stock in the An Post tracking system at the mo......know two lads who've had cabs delivered today and yesterday and both are still 'at the Parcel Center'.
    Just run off their feet right now.

You're right! The tracking status "out for delivery" updated a bit late and the cab was delivered!

So the build was pretty easy to do but one of the holes underneath the control panel didn't line up with hole above it.
    So only 3 out of 4 screws are holding it down at the moment.

468495.jpg

I probably just need to drill a new hole to line it up properly. Luckily they give you a spare screw because I stripped mine with a drill trying to get it in! Had to also trim the top left of the control panel as the molding was sticking out through the wood. Just a minor issue really.

Anyways here it is completed, as you can see theree no real point in building a cab from scratch as the side art won't be seen:

468493.jpg

468496.jpg

First impressions of the screen, it's very bright and could benefit from scanlines.
    Hopefully I'll be able to tweak the brightness and contrast with that LCD driver board.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Christ i'd love that Streetfighter one

Doge wrote: »
    First impressions of the screen, it's very bright and could benefit from scanlines.
    Hopefully I'll be able to tweak the brightness and contrast with that LCD driver board.

I'm half thinking maybe a cheap i3/i5 build, in order to run full fat RetroArch/Launchbox with lovely shaders etc. Two things though:

1) Keeping costs down
    2) Discipline re the amount of roms available. Maybe limit to 10 at any given time.

If it wasn't for the sh1t spinner I might keep the Asteroids cab I'm now getting

Inviere wrote: »
    I'm half thinking maybe a cheap i3/i5 build, in order to run full fat RetroArch/Launchbox with lovely shaders etc. Two things though:

1) Keeping costs down
    2) Discipline re the amount of roms available. Maybe limit to 10 at any given time.

I think I still prefer the MAME scanlines settings that I posted awhile back from that YouTube tutorial video.

I don't have any real interest in playing console games so MAME should have me covered.

An i5-2320 motherboard bundle with 4gbs of ddr3 ram went for £32 excluding shipping today, kicking myself I didn't bid on it!

To install or not install 2 speakers like this guy has done in this video...

That is the question!

Ignore all the led mods.
    I do like my sound....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Ruins the look of the control panel I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,306 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I'm having issues with my amp connecting to the speaker so I just have a cheap speaker sitting inside it until I figure it out

So spinners.... how inexpensive is it going to be to install a decent one, assuming the fecking thing turns up?

I don't want to have to go and spend more money tbh, and I would be happy to hand it back for a refund...

But... Tempest with a spinner.... too tempting!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,441 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Should we all be buying Arcade1up cabinets now? Only, the farm takes up most of the day and in the evening I just like a cup of tea. I wouldn't be able to devote myself full time to the old racism flat pack cabinets.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Final Fight & Space Invaders cabs will be released early next year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,441 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

It's weird, they're dropping the price by 50% (indicating that they're not selling, therefore it was a failed venture and stock needs to be cleared) - however now they're releasing new models?

I wonder have they just decided to reduce the price point down?

Great news if so, I'd say you'll end up seeing a lot of people with a row of them.

I think I've found the perfect frontend for the cab.
    Looks great and is functional yet minimal at the same time.
    Can't stand how busy hyperspin looks. Free too!

Oh and forgot to mention that the Street Fighter II cab is sold out on GameStop and doesn't show up when you search anymore.

I think I still prefer the MAME scanlines settings that I posted awhile back from that YouTube tutorial video.

Oh yeah, forgot MAME had very good scanline functionality. I'd be the same, zero interest in putting console games on it, keep it purely arcade.
    Oh and forgot to mention that the Street Fighter II cab is sold out on GameStop and doesn't show up when you search anymore.

Glad I caved, nice to have.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭ozmo

I just picket up the Rampage caninet ) - mostly for Gauntlet.

Anyone who wants to see one in real life before buying- street fighter is setup in the gadget area of debenhams Blanchardstown.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭ronanc1000

Space Invaders machine is already available from Gamestop. Picked one up last week. Nice machine

Final Fight & Space Invaders cabs will be released early next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

Gutted I didnt get a Street Fighter cab.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭ozmo

Guy in gamestop warned me before buying that the paint needs some protection - suggested varnish - any suggestions - dont want anything that will yellow or crackup...

“Roll it back”

Apparently there's a fix for the Asteroids/Tempest cab spinner!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Anyone reckon the price reduction is due to new improved models being released early next year?

Advertisement