Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2021 General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,730 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I wish we were getting a lot more rain here in my area of Kilkenny, only light stuff so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Shepards Delight

Heavy downpours
    In Mount Dillon
    Today
    Temp is about a balmy 17c
    13km winds coming from Southwest .
    Our first heatwave this year looks a long way off
    Looking at this bleak Sunday afternoon instead .

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

missing most of the heavy showers here in Meath, still drops of rain every now and then and temperature has dropped back to 17C after reaching 21C earlier in the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

We have still missed every shower today in D5. Maybe the showers will arrive later but we seem to have got very lucky this weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭pad199207

Prolonged monsoon in Kildare

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,499 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

We have still missed every shower today in D5. Maybe the showers will arrive later but we seem to have got very lucky this weekend

It will be raining this evening, just a question of whether we get a few sparks as well. 7 pm for peak potential thunderstorm wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,851 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Yes the forecast seems well off today in these parts. Been outside nearly all day and very pleasant, not a drop of rain. I thought after yesterday morning and the heavy showers the tide was turning but it’s been very pleasant here since yesterday afternoon

There was a massive downpour while I was in Clontarf earlier on that lasted about 15 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 10,522 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Funny day in Dun Laoghaire - we got out early this morning down to Killiney Beach and it was pretty lovely all morning. Left around 11:30 and the clouds were just starting to get heavy. Still haven’t seen any more rain back home than a brief five minute drizzle though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Tyrone212

Reports that Doherty's coffin makers was struck by lightning in Strabane recently. Video footage of it on fire

https://mobile.twitter.com/barrabest/status/1411715504390262788

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

The thundery potential seems to be almost confined to Northern Ireland at this stage, looks like plenty of thunder around Derry and another area between Monaghan and into Northern Ireland.

Here in Meath mostly light showers and the temperature continuing to fall, temperature now 16C.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

18.4mm of rain from 4 showers in the last 24 hours here in my area Meath, looks like more on the way

• Registered Users Posts: 1,779 ✭✭✭snowgal

Gonzo wrote: »
    missing most of the heavy showers here in Meath, still drops of rain every now and then and temperature has dropped back to 17C after reaching 21C earlier in the day.

Maybe in your area Gonzo! Had monsoon rain here near Trim a while back. And thundery downpours in Navan for the Meath game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭mr.stonewall

26mm since lunchtime yesterday, on the Tipp/Limerick border.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

I spoke too soon, just got first rain of the day in my location in D5

• Registered Users Posts: 18,074 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Heavy downpours most of the late afternoon in East Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭Amadan Dubh

This morning in Greystones was scorching hot and sunny, up until lunch time. Then it went grey but didn't rain. Last two hours it's been raining but nothing torrential, almost refreshing I would say. Totally clouded over though with some electric blue-ish grey clouds over the sugarloaf that almost look like a smooth sheet of tin.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Lovely in the garden at the moment. Overcast, but the sun is making half an appearance through that cirro/altostratus. A bit of a breeze but still warm and muggy. Everything is still bone-dry, despite the rain of recent days.

Celbridge.

I shouldn't have opened my mouth. Several hours of steady rain here now, but on the plus side it's great for the shrubs to get a nice shower.

By the way, I turned over to RTÉ1 there just before 6 pm and I had just missed something called "ISL Weather Update" at 17:55. What's that?

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭jackrussel

I shouldn't have opened my mouth. Several hours of steady rain here now, but on the plus side it's great for the shrubs to get a nice shower.

By the way, I turned over to RTÉ1 there just before 6 pm and I had just missed something called "ISL Weather Update" at 17:55. What's that?

Irish sign language?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭pauldry

Something to do with sea forecast shipping type one I think. 15mm so far in past 3 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 24,292 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Well we still managed to get a BBQ done before the rain started after 5

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Got absolutely soaked to my skin on the golf course in Athlone

very heavy rain over the past hour and feeling fairly cool. Temperature 14C.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,741 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

In Leitrim Town (on the Shannon) bucketing for the last 2 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭appledrop

It was a day of two half's here in NCD.

Much nicer then expected up until about 2pm then the rain arrived.

Heavy showers on and off until about 5pm then rained non stop for next 3 hours.

Ah well managed to get out and about earlier and at least the gardeners will be happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Over 25mm recorded so far today,has been raining nonstop since about 9 this morning

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,839 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Nice clear bright evening now here near Tralee, 6.6mm since midnight, rain on and off today but cleared in the late afternoon, 14.3C atm and feels fresher.

8eaGY6t.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Some very wide variation in rainfall totals here in the east today. Casement 11.5 mm since 7 am, while Dublin Airport only 4.2 mm.

557584.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 24,292 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Some very wide variation in rainfall totals here in the east today. Casement 11.5 mm since 7 am, while Dublin Airport only 4.2 mm.

557584.jpg

Live near Dublin airport and even 4.2mm sounds generous for the day we've had

• Registered Users Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭pad199207

40mm in the gauge here in Naas since 3pm. Green area all flooded with square outside partially flooded earlier today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,871 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

appledrop wrote: »
    It was a day of two half's here in NCD.

Much nicer then expected up until about 2pm then the rain arrived.

Heavy showers on and off until about 5pm then rained non stop for next 3 hours.

Ah well managed to get out and about earlier and at least the gardeners will be happy!

Absolutely bucketing it down in Dublin 8. After a beautiful morning/afternoon it changed around 4ish..plants need this though

Advertisement