Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fastway/Parcel Connect

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Benny Biscotti

If there is a Laura somewhere in Dublin that has signed for a package, pleas let me know.

That is all I have to go on with fast way. Says my item is delivered and signed for on the website. No other details.

I have a 2nd parcel from same on the way, who knows will get that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Any one living in Druid Valley waiting for a small packet??? it got delivered to New vale....nowhere near Druid Valley, yup, Fastway.
    How do you actually return that, find a fastway driver and throw it at him and leg it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

selous wrote: »
    Any one living in Druid Valley waiting for a small packet??? it got delivered to New vale....nowhere near Druid Valley, yup, Fastway.
    How do you actually return that, find a fastway driver and throw it at him and leg it?

If it was from Amazon then you should find the phone number of the intended recipient. Its not always part of the address but it should be on the label somewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Silent Running

Look at it as a gift from Fastway. :D

They really are a hopless crowd. You would think there should be some way to get them shut down.

my3cents wrote: »
    If it was from Amazon then you should find the phone number of the intended recipient. Its not always part of the address but it should be on the label somewhere.

They really are a hopless crowd. You would think there should be some way to get them shut down.

Not an Amazon packet, it's a blue plastic bag, girl I know got it, not me, I did say pop up and drop it in to the address, tell them how she got it, good deed n stuff, dont know if she did.

I know one shop that got a delivery of a complete small office server system and laser printer. I think that after storing it for 6 months they ended up using it themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 164 ✭✭The Moleman

Hello,

Does anyone know what "Unable to deliver out of time" means in regards to Fastway?

One of the items is supposedly in the ROI Hub but none of them have tracking numbers - I'm following the progress on the retailers site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,780 ✭✭✭Trampas

Doesn’t answer your question but out fastway rings doorbell, drops package and runs. Doesn’t even wait for an answer.

Might stick the mat over it.

Doesn’t care

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

Hello,

Does anyone know what "Unable to deliver out of time" means in regards to Fastway?

One of the items is supposedly in the ROI Hub but none of them have tracking numbers - I'm following the progress on the retailers site.

Out of time usually means the drivers shift finished before he got to your house

• Advertisement

how.gareth wrote: »
    Out of time usually means the drivers shift finished before he got to your house

The phrase appeared on an item overnight.

I saw at 10pm it in the ROI hub, I woke up and checked and said "out of time"

Trampas wrote: »
    Doesn’t answer your question but out fastway rings doorbell, drops package and runs. Doesn’t even wait for an answer.

Might stick the mat over it.

Doesn’t care

I was here all day and there is nothing in the porch.

Most of the pacges don't seem to be even in the country yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

how.gareth wrote: »

That's what I thought as well. I had a package on board for delivery yesterday but when I checked yesterday evening it said out of time. I've checked again this morning and it's back on board for delivery.

That's what I thought as well. I had a package on board for delivery yesterday but when I checked yesterday evening it said out of time. I've checked again this morning and it's back on board for delivery.

The first package it appeared on hasn't been scanned in Ireland. It is the same for three others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

The first package it appeared on hasn't been scanned in Ireland. It is the same for three others.

Possible the ferry was delayed so the status got updated, I’m a courier meself and there can be all sorts of reasons for delays or items not getting scanned, a lot of our barcodes can be damaged or smudged so unable to scan

• Registered Users Posts: 6 PhsycoGinger

Hello,

Fastway are absolutely useless! Orders never come on time, as something is always going wrong with them. You can expect messages like that for about a week or so until you actually get your parcel.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭Whirl_wolle

4 packages came to my home over the past fortnight. Fastway is the courier company being used.

I suspect the driver has been here before and knows me as a Ms Wolle. All the packages are not for me or my family. It's for a different Wolle family who live down the road about a 10 minute walk away.

The first time it happened, the parcel was left at the front door. The next day when I got time, I walked down to the other Wolle house and left the package into them. When I came home there was another package delivered to my home and left at the front door for the other Wolle.

Same thing has happened yesterday and again today.

The driver isn't knocking at all. The driver just leaves them outside at our door.

I tried phoning fastway, to clear this up and get the driver to come back and collect the package and deliver it to the correct house. I got through to a machine that directed me to use their website and tracking if I am a customer. If I was a business owner or something to login to your account.

Once or twice would be ok, but this is number 4 now within such a short space.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,287 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Hi all,

Not sure if this has been covered. The girlfriend's local Fastway delivery guy keeps delivering her packages to a local business when she's not home. The business is charging her for this, despite telling them not to take them and she has also been in contact with Fastway and the driver himself to tell them to not do this under any conditions.

FastWay replied saying this is their practice and the business can charge customers for this. She's not a customer of this business.

I understand these guys want to get their parcels delivered but this is ridiculous. If nobody is home I have no issue going to the depot.

What's the solution here? Reporting it as lost or stolen won't likely help either as I'm sure whatever store she bought from are still making a tidy enough profit on lost packages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

How about placing large orders with these companies, ask them to confirm the courier they use then cancelling the order due to said courier. Enough revenue lost and they'll have to take action.

DaveyDave wrote: »
    Hi all,

Not sure if this has been covered. The girlfriend's local Fastway delivery guy keeps delivering her packages to a local business when she's not home. The business is charging her for this, despite telling them not to take them and she has also been in contact with Fastway and the driver himself to tell them to not do this under any conditions.

FastWay replied saying this is their practice and the business can charge customers for this. She's not a customer of this business.

I understand these guys want to get their parcels delivered but this is ridiculous. If nobody is home I have no issue going to the depot.

What's the solution here? Reporting it as lost or stolen won't likely help either as I'm sure whatever store she bought from are still making a tidy enough profit on lost packages.

Just ignore it and get back to the sender and tell them the package hasn't been delivered and that you know nothing about it.

She hasn't signed for it, the item wasn't delivered to the address on the label so just get it sent again or a refund.

Its the senders responsibility until the buyer receives it which hasn't happened so just push back on the sender/seller.

my3cents wrote: »
    Just ignore it and get back to the sender and tell them the package hasn't been delivered and that you know nothing about it.

She hasn't signed for it, the item wasn't delivered to the address on the label so just get it sent again or a refund.

Its the senders responsibility until the buyer receives it which hasn't happened so just push back on the sender/seller.

If my experience is anything to go by, Fastway will mark it as delivered and signed for. They'll ignore any demand to see a copy of the signature. The sender will then think you're trying to scam them.:mad:

• Advertisement

If my experience is anything to go by, Fastway will mark it as delivered and signed for. They'll ignore any demand to see a copy of the signature. The sender will then think you're trying to scam them.:mad:

Thats still not the buyer problem as they say the buyer has no contract with the courier so its the sellers problem.

I don't know why buyers make so much effort to chase couriers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,542 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Big Nasty wrote: »
    How about placing large orders with these companies, ask them to confirm the courier they use then cancelling the order due to said courier. Enough revenue lost and they'll have to take action.

This is the problem when you have private companies delivering mail. Inevitably, you'll get cowboys like Fastway who end up just being a pain in the arse. They're certainly not alone though.

But, until sites offer the option to choose which carrier delivers your mail to your door, we're stuck with these jokers.

But, Ireland is lucky in many respects. We still have a decent national carrier and some good private ones, who can do their job. I have friends in America and their stories of shipping woes are continuous.

But yeh, a choice at checkout would be nice. It's not going to happen though. It's far too much bother to build that option into the system and keep making alterations to it as carriers change from country to country. That, alone, would be a full time job for somebody.

I reckon that people are just going to have to keep mailing online shopping sites about Fastway and other crappy couriers and maybe those sites will just cease doing business with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭Whirl_wolle

Two packages came last week for a different Wolle family. Delivered by fastway. Two packages the week before. I or my mother was dropping the packages into the correct house. After package number 4 I got fed up thinking how many more times is this going to happen. This has to be sorted. I rang fastway and got through to an answering machine, that was no help at all.

I mentioned to my mother that we'll have to leave the package here for a few days and let the other Wolle follow up her order and complain to the shop or the courier company or whatever. Just leave it be for a few days. I soon as my back was turned my mother went down the road to redeliver that package.

Parcel number 5 came yesterday for the other Wolle, again delivered by fastway. Absolutely ridiculous at this stage.

I said to my mother leave it be for a few days. The other Wolle has to follow it up and maybe that will sort.

I have a note on the door now covered in a Ziploc bag from the rain and taped to the door for the courier. It says fastway on top and it says there's another Wolle family down the road. X (name) Wolle does not live here.

I just saw an advertisement saying Fastway won Courier Company of the Year 2018 :confused:

The Irish Logistics & Transport Awards - that sounds like a great night out. :rolleyes:

Is there awards ceremonies for everything? Reminds of the bizarre publications use in the missing words round of Have I Got News for You

I just saw an advertisement saying Fastway won Courier Company of the Year 2018 :confused:

The Irish Logistics & Transport Awards - that sounds like a great night out. :rolleyes:

Is there awards ceremonies for everything? Reminds of the bizarre publications use in the missing words round of Have I Got News for You

They obviously didn't ask the customers!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

They obviously didn't ask the customers!

I'd imagine they only consult with businesses, rather than home deliveries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Collibosher

Unfortunately, Fastway couldn't be there on the night to collect their award so it was left for them behind the green wheelie bin outside their head office. :P

But they don't have a wheelie bin........so what office was it left at.......Meh, who cares,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 438 ✭✭andrewfaulk

Those awards always produce some questionable results.. Think it has more to do with sponsorship than anything else

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

:mad::mad:

If I had known that Fastway were going to deliver a parcel, I would never have ordered that parcel! I don't even know where the parcel is coming from. The guy that does the runs around here is the biggest assh*le you can come across.

This is the same guy who tried to make me think he was having a breakdown and was on the verge of being suicidal in order to emotionally blackmail me into letting me leave the parcel miles away. This time, he tried the guilt trip; "lets hope you are never in the same situation as me". Yeah, working a minimum wage job with zero hour contract during off season doesn't count? So don't give me that crap, I paid for god damn postage. Now he's refusing to deliver and since I don't know who sent the parcel, I can't even tell the company. This man should not be allowed to work near people.

• Advertisement

:mad::mad:

If I had known that Fastway were going to deliver a parcel, I would never have ordered that parcel! I don't even know where the parcel is coming from. The guy that does the runs around here is the biggest assh*le you can come across.

This is the same guy who tried to make me think he was having a breakdown and was on the verge of being suicidal in order to emotionally blackmail me into letting me leave the parcel miles away. This time, he tried the guilt trip; "lets hope you are never in the same situation as me". Yeah, working a minimum wage job with zero hour contract during off season doesn't count? So don't give me that crap, I paid for god damn postage. Now he's refusing to deliver and since I don't know who sent the parcel, I can't even tell the company. This man should not be allowed to work near people.

I think it's only right that you should advise his employer (if you can get through to Fastway) that he told you he was verging on suicidal, just to show you care for him...:o

selous wrote:
    I think it's only right that you should advise his employer (if you can get through to Fastway) that he told you he was verging on suicidal, just to show you care for him...

I gave them a full run down at the time, and all I got was "I'll get the courier to ring you". Even after I said I'm not talking to him, they just repeated that they'd get him to ring me.

To be fair to them, this time they did say they were going to send my email to management. That's the most they have ever done.

Parcel was delivered by a Nightline courier today, who is an absolute star. Turns out the Fastway guy is just covering, and I know who he is. For all his "I hope you are never in my position" rubbish, he's a well off man who owns a manor house in a very nice area and is only covering for the courier because he can guilt trip people into leaving stuff into his businesses and he gets paid for not having to do a thing. I'm just unfortunate that he was covering the last two times I mistakenly got something delivered by Fastway...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I think it's only right that you should advise his employer (if you can get through to Fastway) that he told you he was verging on suicidal, just to show you care for him...:o

He is the employer. They're all self employed. Fastway HQ couldnt give a rats.

ED E wrote: »
    He is the employer. They're all self employed. Fastway HQ couldnt give a rats.

Gardaí so, man driving a van says he's feeling suicidal.. Im worried about him ;) (even though he's just being a tosser)

I just told Littlewoods we are done doing business.

I was here all day yesterday and had no visitors at all yet somehow I "signed" for a parcel from Fastway at 20:09

The signature is just a line

I found a parcel this morning delivered by them between the shed and the wall and shrubbery, loads of slugs on it and cardboard sapping wet, haven't a clue when it was delivered, ordered on 6th anyway, from gate to door is a straight line, from gate to where packet was really isn't,

I found a parcel this morning delivered by them between the shed and the wall and shrubbery, loads of slugs on it and cardboard sapping wet, haven't a clue when it was delivered, ordered on 6th anyway, from gate to door is a straight line, from gate to where packet was really isn't,

I tried looking for contact details for the local depot or an online support but there are none.

I've complained to Littlewoods about late and damaged parcels but the attitude from their support has been though they are trying to convince me I'm imagining it.

This morning though I happened up a Littlewoods' Track & Trace support agent who had no problem admitting Fastway are atrocious.

I'expecting a few deliveries today, two by Fastway.

I just got a package and didn't realise until the driver was gone that he was with Fastway because I didn't see the van,

Is it possible the other package could be with a different driver? According to tracking it was loaded onto a van twice this morning.

Should I assume it has gone astray?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Phat Cat

I'm waiting for a parcel from Fastway that, according to their tracking, arrived in their hub on the 2nd and was loaded into their van on the 3rd.

I contacted their support and was informed that my parcel hasn't reached Ireland from the UK yet even though I ordered my item over a week ago :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 28 alexphoenix

I have finally (Thursday) received a package from FASTWAY today that was originally out for delivery on Tuesday.

Their tracking showed:

08/04/2019 23:57:45 We've received your parcel in our depot. It will be out for delivery within the delivery service timeframe you requested
    09/04/2019 07:30:50 Your parcel is on the way! Our courier loaded it onto their van.
    09/04/2019 13:47:19 Consignment carried over for delivery tomorrow
    10/04/2019 07:46:19 Your parcel is on the way! Our courier loaded it onto their van.
    10/04/2019 17:34:33 Consignment Received in 'West' Depot
    11/04/2019 07:02:41 Your parcel is on the way! Our courier loaded it onto their van.

Fastway's service has always been patchy at the best of times, but at least in the past I could get through to the depot by telephone. Yesterday I got a patronising recorded message stating that they have changed the way they operate "to provide you with a higher level of service" and I must use their online enquiry service instead of speaking to someone on the telephone. How in hell can blocking our access to the depot by telephone result in a higher level of service?

Having been unable to speak to a human being via telephone, I duly filled in their online enquiry form and submitted it as requested:

"Parcel shown as out for delivery yesterday and again today. No sign of delivery so far. Please contact driver and let me know what time it will be coming as I cannot wait in all day! Telephone *********, email ******@eircom.net".

I received a stock reply stating that "a member of our Customer Service Team will reply to you within 24 hours".

My package was 2 days overdue already. It seemed to have been out and returned to their depot on each of the past 2 days. It is a regular delivery of a small package and in the past the previous driver has arrived at my door and then spent ten or fifteen minutes searching through a chaotic pile of parcels for my item, only aided by my informing him that it IS a small package. I wondered if that had happened this time too.

They did respond this morning by email: "Apologies for the delay in delivery. We have a new driver on your route. Your parcel will be with you today."

I also received a phone call from the driver asking for my Eircode and instructions as to my location (I have a rural address). I did give my supplier the Eircode but, alas, it was not printed on the address label. My telephone number, however, WAS printed on the label.

The package had been returned undelivered to the depot TWICE and no-one had seen fit to phone me for instructions - only when I complained yesterday was anything done.

I have used Fastway on many occasions in the past, both as sender and recipient, and via their Parcels Direct service. I doubt if I will do so in the future.

I use DPD regulary (4 deliveries in the past 7 days) and they provide me with accurate delivery "windows" of an hour each time they are due to deliver parcels to me. Why can't Fastway provide that level of service?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

"The Depot" is the drivers house (his van in the driveway or his living room).

Returned to depot just means he didnt bother going out your way that day. Many days in a row.

If its a regular shipment and you know the hassle it causes WHY ARE YOU GIVING THE COMPANY YOUR BUSINESS? Cancel your orders and tell them why. Its the only way Fastway get the boot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Fastway is a franchise, the drivers aren't on a wage (well most of them)

guys who are new to the delivery game are thrown in the deep end and left to their own devices after a few weeks with limited training....after a few weeks the reality of it all sinks in, and many guys pack it in and try to sell on their franchise in desperation....very few stick it out for the long term (its an awful thankless job)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭OscarMIlde

Ordered a parcel from ASOS to be delivered to my workplace in UCD, which has a dedicated warehouse to take in deliveries. Instead of bothering to drop it off it was sent to a parcel connect shop somewhere in Clonskeagh instead of the actual delivery address.

No way of contacting them except through their web support. What an absolute shower.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Ordered with Boohoo last Thursday morning and chose next day delivery (even though I know it's never next day, that's what I paid for) to the local shop (because otherwise it gets left all sorts of places). It's now Tuesday and nothing. It was loaded onto a van on Saturday, and no updates after that. Boohoo said they would contact Fastway on my behalf but I can't see that helping much. Honestly don't know how Fastway have any corporate customers, they're terrible.

• Advertisement

fryup wrote: »
    Fastway is a franchise, the drivers aren't on a wage (well most of them)

guys who are new to the delivery game are thrown in the deep end and left to their own devices after a few weeks with limited training....after a few weeks the reality of it all sinks in, and many guys pack it in and try to sell on their franchise in desperation....very few stick it out for the long term (its an awful thankless job)

Sorry but that is ridiculous. If you take a job as a courier, the concept is very simple - you bring a package to it's intended destination. If the recipient is not there you come back later/follow the instructions.

There is no "deep end".

The majority of complaints is here is that Fastway couriers are even not bringing the parcels to the address marked on the labels.

You are correct though that being a Fastway courier is a thankless job, but that is only because they don't deliver the parcels to the people who would say thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 DaisyJoness

I cannot find the online enquiry form on their website. When I go into make an enquiry option it just brings me into the online support section and this isn't working for me. Keep getting an error message "404 category not found". Cannot contact the depot by phone.

Have no way of contacting the depot...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭arseagon

I just had a delightful encounter with Fastways Enniscorthy driver, I won't put his name in here in case that breaches some sort of rule. He rang me to say he had a large box for me which I was expecting to come tomorrow. The reason I got the call was because the box was quite large and obviously in his way in the van. I informed him I was in work 3 hours away and would not be home till tomorrow when I was expecting the delivery. He was adamant he was getting rid of the box so one phone call later to the missus I rang him back to tell him to drop it to her workplace a few minutes out the road.

Now for the fun bit.... he then proceeded to rant at me how I shouldn't be getting deliveries to an address I'm not at and how I was f..king up his delivery route and this box was in his way of getting at other boxes in his van. At this I told him that boxes of all sizes were what being a delivery driver was about and if he didn't like the job I suggested he didn't do it. At this he started cursing more and telling me that for that ignorant comment he wouldn't deliver it to herself at all and would bring it back to the depot in New Ross where I'd have to collect it. Remember all the fuss he just made about the box being in his way?

New Ross doesn't suit so I then told him that I was rejecting the delivery altogether and that it was to be returned to Amazon where I'll be refunded. I don't know if Fastway still get paid for a rejected delivery (I hope they don't) but I'll be making Amazon know that if any box comes through Fastway I won't be buying it from them...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

Absolute gangsters these lads. I get regular deliveries from 123ink and fastway would be their main delivery method. Everytime they deliver they just leave it on the door step and never ring the doorbell which is fine by me most of the time unless it rains.

Couple of weeks I had to send back a package and 123 assigned fastway for collection. It's still not collected. I get an email stating they tried to collect 3 times which is a total blatant lie. They should be made leave a docket saying they tried collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Manutd623

I have a parcel being delivered from fastway and on the 22nd it said that it would be delivered the next working day. On the 23rd it was loaded into their van and being delivered today. On the tracking info it says that

''We're trying to deliver this parcel but can't access the premises. Please contact us via the support button below to provide an update so we can deliver your parcel on the next working day.''

I've contacted them through thier online support and waiting on a reply. Just wondering do they ring beforehand when delivering a parcel to give an idea of a time they will arrive as I gave two numbers on the parcel. I never received a call from them and wondering will I get parcel tomorrow?

• Advertisement
Advertisement