Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

How to drink more water when you can't stomach it?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Trans Ann

I have an issue, I need to drink more water but when I do I burst to go after every drink of water. How can I prevent this? I'm sick of it. I've to pull over every second in my car and leave meetings if I drink before or during then up all night if I wait to drink until I go home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Cill94

Trans Ann wrote: »
    I have an issue, I need to drink more water but when I do I burst to go after every drink of water. How can I prevent this? I'm sick of it. I've to pull over every second in my car and leave meetings if I drink before or during then up all night if I wait to drink until I go home.

You could be drinking too much? It's a common misconception that only plain water counts toward daily water intake. Almost any fluid (milk, coffee, etc.) has some amount of water, and contributes to hydration.

Why do you believe you need to drink more?

Cill94 wrote: »
    You could be drinking too much? It's a common misconception that only plain water counts toward daily water intake. Almost any fluid (milk, coffee, etc.) has some amount of water, and contributes to hydration.

Why do you believe you need to drink more?

I need to drink more to hydrate but anything over two glasses just ruins my day.

Hi, I want to start drinking more water but I hate the taste (or lack thereof).
    ATM I drink 0% sugar Mi Wadi and I would ideally like to cut that out.

Ive never tried fruit in it. What fruit would add the strongest taste?

Thanks

I put a dash of cranberry juice in mine. Like you, I found it difficult to stomach!

I need to drink more to hydrate but anything over two glasses just ruins my day.

How do you know you need to drink more though? Do you feel chronically thirsty? Is your urine a dark colour? There are objective ways of determining that you're dehydrated. If you're not thirsty and urine is normal, then I wouldn't worry about it.

https://media.healthdirect.org.au/images/inline/original/urine-colour-chart-v2-f6dbb5.gif

• Advertisement

Cill94 wrote: »
    How do you know you need to drink more though? Do you feel chronically thirsty? Is your urine a dark colour? There are objective ways of determining that you're dehydrated. If you're not thirsty and urine is normal, then I wouldn't worry about it.

https://media.healthdirect.org.au/images/inline/original/urine-colour-chart-v2-f6dbb5.gif

What about water retention though. That's another thing I usually go down a few pounds if I drink more but its not worth my time to be running to the toilet constantly.

What about water retention though. That's another thing I usually go down a few pounds if I drink more but its not worth my time to be running to the toilet constantly.

I'm not sure why you're bringing up water retention.

All I'm trying to bring to your attention is that you may be starting from a false premise to begin with: i.e. that you're not drinking enough.

The human body has developed fairly well to regulate hydration with thirst. Unless you're a high level athlete of some kind, it really doesn't require much more thought beyond that and the urine chart I linked.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭scilover

Hi, I want to start drinking more water but I hate the taste (or lack thereof).
    ATM I drink 0% sugar Mi Wadi and I would ideally like to cut that out.

Ive never tried fruit in it. What fruit would add the strongest taste?

Thanks

try on with some lemon or lime, better with anything sour cause the taste is better than sweet fruits. Goodluck

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Phillip876

If you don't like the natural taste of water, which is tasteless. Then you can try blackberry mint water, blueberry orange water and lemon lime water. I often like to eat lemon lime water to change the taste, and its also helpful in weight loss and regulating the digestive system.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

A simple remedy for those who have weak bladders; do not drink after eg 4 pm. It was devised for those with incontinence at night.

• Advertisement
Advertisement