Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

do you know any legit ''bad'' people

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

A very well known gangland figure used to live near my grandparents here, he still does, I think. Both he and his wife, were always helping the old people in the area, dropping down to the shops for them when the weather was bad, bringing them to church whenever they were stuck. I was shocked to hear about their criminality, his in particular, when it all came to the fore when I got older. I thought they were the nicest people you could meet. There is good in everyone, in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭Vela

I know a guy who murdered someone and did a long time for it. He'd clearly be considered a bad person by a lot of people, but I look at him as someone who did a bad (terrible) thing rather than someone who's inherently "bad". I believe (perhaps somewhat naively, which is odd given how cynical I usually am) that most people have it in them to be good if they're just given the opportunity. With all of that said, I'd consider my mother a bad person. Why? Because she has no understanding of right and wrong, no conscience, no accountability, and no remorse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭jeanjolie

razorblunt wrote: »
    A guy I was in primary school with always seemed like a nice enough fella, but lived in a dodgy area and hung around with the "wrong crowd". Still though, in school he'd never mess, did his work and never got in trouble. He left out school in 5th/6th class. 15 years ago it turned out he'd taken his ex gf away for the weekend, on a reconciliation weekend, he raped her in their room and was sent to prison.
    I met him about 10 years ago, you still wouldn't think he'd have it in him, I told him to move on when he came over chatting to me though.

How does one get sent away for rape?

Must not have been the smartest criminal or even one with common sense. Did he go on bragging on Facebook?

Rape convictions are very low. Then again it could be selection bias. You and I probably have friends that have raped but never told anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

For a country with such a small population I'm convinced ireland has the most scumbags per sq km then anywhere on earth

jeanjolie wrote: »

Must not have been the smartest criminal or even one with common sense. Did he go on bragging on Facebook?

Rape convictions are very low. Then again it could be selection bias. You and I probably have friends that have raped but never told anyone.

Huh??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Maybe the girl reported it??

shamrock55 wrote: »
    For a country with such a small population I'm convinced ireland has the most scumbags per sq km then anywhere on earth

Ireland has what I would consider a scumbag-classy wall (metaphorically and literally speaking in terms of behavior) like countries with abject poverty next to wealth.

We get classy attractive Irish women and men who walk among junkies and scumbags ready to attack them at any time. Even retreating to your posh house in South Dublin is no longer safe as scumbags can be living in council estates nearby.

What's really gets to me are Irish people who are very attractive (good looks, good behaviour) but their accent just is a mood killer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭jugger0

I know a lot of scumbags unfortunately... What really irritates me though is how society protects these people, if you randomly attack and rape people and have 20+ convictions you should be destroyed. The law caters to criminals, punishment and justice is not pc, innocent people have to accept they will be preyed upon by savages who should not be on our streets. I feel so bad for the guards who have to arrest the same scumbags over and over again.

Ireland has what I would consider a scumbag-classy wall (metaphorically and literally speaking in terms of behavior) like countries with abject poverty next to wealth.

We get classy attractive Irish women and men who walk among junkies and scumbags ready to attack them at any time. Even retreating to your posh house in South Dublin is no longer safe as scumbags can be living in council estates nearby.

What's really gets to me are Irish people who are very attractive (good looks, good behaviour) but their accent just is a mood killer.

Do you not think that perhaps the "classy attractive Irish women and men" may also harbour some pretty nasty characters among themselves??

You have a bit of living to do yet I think.

Do you not think that perhaps the "classy attractive Irish women and men" may also harbour some pretty nasty characters among themselves??

Yes but from my experience, you can overlook those. Especially when they're working individuals supporting themselves and can act normally in society unlike some junkies or knackers.

• Advertisement

Yes but from my experience, you can overlook those. Especially when they're working individuals supporting themselves and can act normally in society unlike some junkies or knackers.

Working individuals who support themselves can be monsters underneath the veneer of "normality". The "junkie" scrabbling on the street for change and shooting up in a lane way may have a wealth of empathy inside for his fellow human beings.

It's important to understand that in life there are many many shades of grey and what you assume can often be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,092 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Graham Dwyer springs to mind .

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Huh??
    Maybe the girl reported it??

I've considered both these replies and I'm going to go with the second.

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Graham Dwyer springs to mind .

I get where you're coming from but honestly...I'd rather have a classy, posh and wealthy serial killer/psychopath living near me in South Dublin as opposed to a junkie or burglar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

I get where you're coming from but honestly...I'd rather have a classy, posh and wealthy serial killer/psychopath living near me in South Dublin as opposed to a junkie or burglar.

Classy and serial killer don't exactly go together.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭tomofson

Someone is hardly a completely bad person just because they come from a certain background or have an addiction, I think the class basher has misunderstood the question.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,092 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I dont think we can really speak of Graham Dwyer and classy in the same sentence. And I am sure that Elaine O Hara would not agree with you .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Stonedpilot

tomofson wrote: »
    Someone is hardly a completely bad person just because they come from a certain background or have an addiction, I think the class basher has misunderstood the question.

Anyone who thinks someone with an addiction is a bad person is a downright simpleton. Or most naive close minded person ever.

Met the kindest people ever who were addicts amd alcoholics (recovered admittedly). Also met Doctors/dentists/solicitors/tv presenters/teachers and lecturers who were addicts in Recovery.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

I'd rather have a classy, posh and wealthy serial killer/psychopath living near me as opposed to a junkie or burglar.

Hahaha,nice one. I know countless people who have been convicted of everything from assault right up to armed robbery,extortion,drug trafficking,rape,murder and in one case double murder. I also know countless people who have not been caught. Out of all those people I would only consider a handful of them to be really 'bad'. For the most part, their misdeeds were motivated by greed. Some of them were/are certified nutcases,some of them alleged to be under duress whilst committing offences.
    I could count on one hand those that were really bad,insofar is they genuinely took some sort of twisted pleasure in inflicting pain and instilling fear upon defenceless victims.
    One such scumbag is doing life for murder in Limerick prison, but I know personally that this particular individual has been involved either directly or indirectly in the deaths of many,many more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

One woman in particular..she has to be the most vilest,wretchy individual I've ever come across

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

Anyone who thinks someone with an addiction is a bad person is a downright simpleton. Or most naive close minded person ever.

Met the kindest people ever who were addicts amd alcoholics (recovered admittedly). Also met Doctors/dentists/solicitors/tv presenters/teachers and lecturers who were addicts in Recovery.

I can add to that ... I've been on recovery programmes with a nun, a priest, an addiction counsellor - a few of them in fact - a psychiatric nurse, amongst MANY others. And in fact an Aer Lingus pilot (I'm wondering if it's you now, going by your username!) Financial controllers. Celebrities (some you wouldn't expect, but I won't name names!)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Very true lads, I'm an addict, off it now about 5 years, maybe 4, got clean, got a civil service job and now I make sure your local hairdresser pays their taxes

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Bad people ....bad upbringing ...blah blah.

I know 2 utter scumbags one who literally goes of his house to hurt and injure people, thats his thing. one of them after serving 3 years for GBH in which during his defence his solicitor said he had a bad upbringing. family had a "XXXX is out party" and celebrated him being released....bad upbringing? That night he left the party and smashed up some lad walking his dog. His family said it was self defence, the lad was 68 and walks his dog every night at 1am.... Suspended sentence for that. Scumbag doesnt drink or do drugs was sober when he battered the old man.

The other one is someone I know from school, molested his baby sister and cousins whilst babysitting, from a reasonably posh area, his defence was bad upbringing his parents are 2 of the nicest people you would ever meet. They defended him in court and blanked the sister and cousins.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Bad people ....bad upbringing ...blah blah.

I know 2 utter scumbags one who literally goes of his house to hurt and injure people, thats his thing. one of them after serving 3 years for GBH in which during his defence his solicitor said he had a bad upbringing. family had a "XXXX is out party" and celebrated him being released....bad upbringing? That night he left the party and smashed up some lad walking his dog. His family said it was self defence, the lad was 68 and walks his dog every night at 1am.... Suspended sentence for that. Scumbag doesnt drink or do drugs was sober when he battered the old man.

The other one is someone I know from school, molested his baby sister and cousins whilst babysitting, from a reasonably posh area, his defence was bad upbringing his parents are 2 of the nicest people you would ever meet. They defended him in court and blanked the sister and cousins.
    Doesn't that make the "nice"parents bad people?

I can add to that ... I've been on recovery programmes with a nun, a priest, an addiction counsellor - a few of them in fact - a psychiatric nurse, amongst MANY others. And in fact an Aer Lingus pilot (I'm wondering if it's you now, going by your username!) Financial controllers. Celebrities (some you wouldn't expect, but I won't name names!)

Haha the pilot wasnt me. Met few celebs you wouldnt think too. Though one I doubt has let go of his ego and living a simple spiritual life judging by the way he ****es on and on amd pontificates on tv.

Youd be surprised too how many dentists get addicted too.

A mate sponspored an addiction consellor in the past too. The irony was this guy had been on tv had books and he was being sponsored ha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭polan

I actually don't anymore, but I used to when I lived back in Poland. "Uncle Paul" is now a convicted murderer and drug dealer, he's doing life in prison for 3 murders, drug dealing and rape of more than 30 women. He got locked up back in 2005, a year before I moved here.

He was a gangster, neighbour and a savage "uncle".

I have decent memories of him as a child because in all seriousness, he was very nice to me and other local boys, he'd often buy us ice cream, fizzy drinks, sometimes he'd bring chocolate bars for everyone.

And no, he wasn't a pedo, just a rapist and a murderer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭Vela

Hahaha,nice one. I know countless people who have been convicted of everything from assault right up to armed robbery,extortion,drug trafficking,rape,murder and in one case double murder. I also know countless people who have not been caught. Out of all those people I would only consider a handful of them to be really 'bad'. For the most part, their misdeeds were motivated by greed. Some of them were/are certified nutcases,some of them alleged to be under duress whilst committing offences.
    I could count on one hand those that were really bad,insofar is they genuinely took some sort of twisted pleasure in inflicting pain and instilling fear upon defenceless victims.
    One such scumbag is doing life for murder in Limerick prison, but I know personally that this particular individual has been involved either directly or indirectly in the deaths of many,many more.

I know one guy who recently got released on a life sentence for murder. And the situation had me completely torn in terms of how to deal with it. After spending time with him, he appeared to be the most kind, considerate, and well-balanced person I'd met in a long time. But the murder was still there. I'm not sure he'll ever get away from it, because it's something he did that ruined the lives of a young man and his family forever. He has to live with that guilt. But that happened 20 years ago and I don't know the man he was then - the man who could kill. Rehabilitation is no joke, because the guy I see before me these days is a million miles away from that. He has his mental issues under control and all he wants is to contribute to society in some way that he can try to make up for all he has done.

The problem is, he probably won't get the chance to. How many ex convict's who are convicted murderers are given jobs? He's not even out on release ,he's on parole because it was a life sentence and they let him out early. You know why? Because he went through years and years of psychotherapy. If he had that access to mental health help before he went and stabbed a guy to death, it might never have happened - so where was that help back then? Because his family did ask for it, many, many times.

More than anything, it makes me feel sad.

Vela wrote: »
    I know one guy who recently got released on a life sentence for murder. And the situation had me completely torn in terms of how to deal with it. After spending time with him, he appeared to be the most kind, considerate, and well-balanced person I'd met in a long time. But the murder was still there. I'm not sure he'll ever get away from it, because it's something he did that ruined the lives of a young man and his family forever. He has to live with that guilt. But that happened 20 years ago and I don't know the man he was then - the man who could kill. Rehabilitation is no joke, because the guy I see before me these days is a million miles away from that. He has his mental issues under control and all he wants is to contribute to society in some way that he can try to make up for all he has done.

The problem is, he probably won't get the chance to. How many ex convict's who are convicted murderers are given jobs? He's not even out on release ,he's on parole because it was a life sentence and they let him out early. You know why? Because he went through years and years of psychotherapy. If he had that access to mental health help before he went and stabbed a guy to death, it might never have happened - so where was that help back then? Because his family did ask for it, many, many times.

More than anything, it makes me feel sad.

Might never have happened or 10 times worse could have happened and he killed more people. Cant assume anything. I bet theres not a killer in the World who says "it wouldn't have happened if only xyz". Point is it did.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,872 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Might never have happened or 10 times worse could have happened and he killed more people. Cant assume anything. I bet theres not a killer in the World who says "it wouldn't have happened if only xyz". Point is it did.

You 'll actually find most criminals suffer with complex issues such as mental health issues etc. Prevention is better than cure I'm afraid!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭arayess

Classy and serial killer don't exactly go together.

by all account ted bundy was quite the educated polite charming fellow.,

more teds, less junkies I say

Advertisement