Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

do you know any legit ''bad'' people

Options
  • 07-08-2017 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭

id like to think most of us, including the people in my life, are good people who've made bad choices and have have had bad things happen to them,and arent inherently bad. ive often thought when someone has fuucked up or done something seemingly selfish/ unforgivable, id tell myself that they're not bad, they're just stupid and dont know any better. or they didnt intend to do harm.

do you know anyone you would class as a wholly bad person?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I work in a prison. I know hundreds of bad people. Real pieces of sh*t, trouble with them everyday and real nasty attitudes... but that's enough about the staff...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭gstack166

I worked abroad for 6 years in a tourist resort & many times got to know new people from home that just arrived, I'm always of the opinion if your nice to me im nice to you & im very easy to get along with. Gradually after time the people would lower their guard & tell me the reasons why they moved abroad. The amount that I met that were involved in gangland & wanted to escape it was unreal, after googling their names & reading about them youd be shocked it was the same person, point im trying to make is there is good & bad in everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Estrellita

I know some people who have done some really bad things, but they have a nice side if they were given a chance.
    Some act like the nicest people in the world, yet have a really ugly side to them. I used to believe that nobody was inherently bad, but life teaches you otherwise. It also teaches you the hard way not to be so naive.
    Some people feel that the whole world is against them for a variety of reasons, and if only a few more people extended a hand of friendship they wouldn't feel like this.
    Sometimes theres more to it than that.
    Robsweezie wrote: »
    Regrettably, yes I do. It's for the same reason I tend to distance myself from others more as I get older. Sadly, you start to lose faith that there are many truly good, genuine people any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,317 ✭✭✭AllForIt

• Registered Users Posts: 19,616 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I knew a guy who called himself Kaiser Sose. If you crossed him he would burn your house down and your childrens houses down. Pretty bad stuff he did but once you got to know him he was actually pretty sound

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

Muahahaha wrote: »
    I knew a guy who called himself Kaiser Sose. If you crossed him he would burn your house down and your childrens houses down. Pretty bad stuff he did but once you got to know him he was actually pretty sound

He sounds lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Muahahaha wrote: »

Jokes on him, my kids are homeless.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Well I met someone who made up a house, a job, a college course, a whole life which none of was real. He talks about how big his cock is but he can't get it up so what's he on about. He is a raving alcoholic but won't admit to it. So yes, there are some complete freaks out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

He sounds troubled to me rather than all bad or irredeemable.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Jesus Wept wrote: »
    He sounds troubled to me rather than all bad or irredeemable.

You might be right though I was the one troubled putting up with him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

My nanny's neighbours growing up were convicted murderers. Well they got released when I was about 9 I suppose, but they were genuinely the loveliest, kindest people.

It was sort of shocking to find out when I got older what they had actually done, while I suppose they meet the definition of "bad people" I personally thought they were really nice.

I think that there is good in everyone, no matter how bad or crazy they may seem... everyone has their story. I know some people who have done some really bad things, but they have a nice side if they were given a chance. Some people feel that the whole world is against them for a variety of reasons, and if only a few more people extended a hand of friendship they wouldn't feel like this.

We all know that people are the same where ever you go. There is good and bad in everyone. We learn to live, when we learn to give each other what we need to survive, together alive. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

A guy I was in primary school with always seemed like a nice enough fella, but lived in a dodgy area and hung around with the "wrong crowd". Still though, in school he'd never mess, did his work and never got in trouble. He left out school in 5th/6th class. 15 years ago it turned out he'd taken his ex gf away for the weekend, on a reconciliation weekend, he raped her in their room and was sent to prison.
    I met him about 10 years ago, you still wouldn't think he'd have it in him, I told him to move on when he came over chatting to me though.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

Well I met someone who made up a house, a job, a college course, a whole life which none of was real. He talks about how big his cock is but he can't get it up so what's he on about. He is a raving alcoholic but won't admit to it. So yes, there are some complete freaks out there.

I know a girl with very similar traits. Absolute twat of a woman. She seems to be rewarded for her lies and laziness.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

A few of my mates have had rough times, one has been in and out of prison. I wouldn't call him a bad person, just lead down the wrong path.

He gets excited talking about anything against the government.

Maybe he's actually good?!?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Robsweezie wrote: »
    "bad" is a bit like "evil" - it's a moral judgement which I'm never entirely comfortable making.

That said, there are some people - the current occupants of the Kremlin and the White House for example - who would fit the bill quite nicely - vain, deceitful, malevolent trolls who shouldn't haven risen past the rank of municipal dog-catcher in their respective societies and without whom, the world would be a better place.

I know one or two who were murdered over the years, one was a maggot IMO, the rest were decent all considered.

Can only think of one really "bad" person as such at the moment. He's not long out of a 5+ year ish spell and is a nasty bastad. Think's he's still a major player but he's just a penniless twat now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

My nanny's neighbours growing up were convicted murderers. Well they got released when I was about 9 I suppose, but they were genuinely the loveliest, kindest people.

It was sort of shocking to find out when I got older what they had actually done, while I suppose they meet the definition of "bad people" I personally thought they were really nice.

There was more than one living together?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I knew a fella once who you could only describe as downright evil. He was a prolific criminal and would hurt badly anyone who crossed him. He was caught burgling a few houses and unlike your regular burglar who would probably run away for fear of being caught, this bastard would attack and hurt anyone confronting him regardless of their age or gender. He regularly attacked and beat up random strangers for no apparent reason. He was quite simply evil. He was eventually killed when the stolen car he was driving crashed as he drove down the wrong direction on a motorway in the UK. No one went to his funeral, no one collected his body and as far as I know the council in the UK had to bury him in some unmarked grave in England which quite frankly was too good for the bastard and he should have been left to rot on the side of the road. He will never be missed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

tedpan wrote: »
    I know a girl with very similar traits. Absolute twat of a woman. She seems to be rewarded for her lies and laziness.

she talked about hw big her cock was?

• Advertisement

Know a few who have murder, rape and child abuse on their cvs.

Also know a fellow who works in a nursing home and stole money off patients with Alzheimers. Which was such low rate second division scumbag behaviour, axed one friend because they hung around with him and I didn't even want the association with such a bum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Steve F

I knew a fella once who you could only describe as downright evil. He was a prolific criminal and would hurt badly anyone who crossed him. He was caught burgling a few houses and unlike your regular burglar who would probably run away for fear of being caught, this bastard would attack and hurt anyone confronting him regardless of their age or gender. He regularly attacked and beat up random strangers for no apparent reason. He was quite simply evil. He was eventually killed when the stolen car he was driving crashed as he drove down the wrong direction on a motorway in the UK. No one went to his funeral, no one collected his body and as far as I know the council in the UK had to bury him in some unmarked grave in England which quite frankly was too good for the bastard and he should have been left to rot on the side of the road. He will never be missed.

Blimey!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

It depends on your definition of "bad". Good people do bad things all the time.

I do know one person however who's pure evil but I wouldn't call them a friend, more of an ex relative. He was married to my sister in law.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,275 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

pilly wrote: »
    It depends on your definition of "bad". Good people do bad things all the time.

I do know one person however who's pure evil but I wouldn't call them a friend, more of an ex relative. He was married to my sister in law.

wouldn't that make him your brother?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

wouldn't that make him your brother?

Nope, my ex husbands sisters husband, if that makes sense?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,275 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

pilly wrote: »
    Nope, my ex husbands sisters husband, if that makes sense?

ah, so your ex-husbands brother in law :)

A guy I went to uni with raped and battered a girl then left her for dead. It happened a few years after I knew him, and while he wasn't my favourite person there's no way I'd have put him down as someone who was capable of that.

Good people do "bad" things all the time but there is bad and then there is bad. At what point is the act awful enough to taint the individual and actually make them a genuine bad person.

I have had the traumatic misfortune of knowing such. His actions were deliberate and only done to cause hurt and pain. If he was on his deathbed tomorrow and seeking forgiveness I'd go in the opposite direction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

Yes I know quite a few people I believe to be completely devoid of any "goodness". Rotten to the core. One or two were redeemable at an earlier age I think, but not anymore. I would not put most of the criminals I know in the truly bad category though, and I agree that good people do bad things all the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,342 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

I'd classify my mother as a truly bad person with no hope of redemption. Me and my siblings were subjected to much emotional, physical and psychological abuse on an almost daily basis for many years as children. I've been beaten, had food thrown on me, had tins of cat food emptied on my head, told that she "wishes she'd aborted me when she had the chance", and I've been spat on. She's also continually mocked one of her daughters about her autism diagnosis, another for an epilepsy diagnosis, and she's also poked fun at me for having bad hearing. If you tried to call her out on any of this behaviour, she'd say that it simply never happened. So yeah, there's good and bad in everyone, but some people unfortunately really are just truly bad.

Advertisement