Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names] - Part II

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭enzo roco

PTH2009 wrote: »
    im as sick as seeing pictures and videos of kids with there bloody easter eggs as much as the kids themselves will be from eating them

What about the pics of babys with easter eggs??? Like the child cant even eat them, what a pointless purchase.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

#anythingprefixedwithahashtag

Also offensive remarks about British. We have moved on.Im pretty sure The current generation of British as a whole respect our nation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Paramite Pie

Also offensive remarks about British. We have moved on.Im pretty sure The current generation of British as a whole respect our nation.

As a whole -- yes in my experience. But those British on the internet who don't respect our nation tend to come out in force too online sometimes.

We all have our idiots:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭gutenberg

Has anyone else noticed the increase in the number of people who post pictures to their friend's wall, when it's the friend's birthday? Usually it's some 'hilarious' photo in which the birthday boy/girl looks horrendous while the 'well-wisher' looks fabulous, naturally. Why do people do this?! Is it to somehow prove they're actually friends with whoever's birthday it is? Really noticed it yesterday as an acquaintance had her birthday and my newsfeed was flooded with photos from people posting on her wall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Share this rose if you know someone in heaven

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

sligojoek wrote: »
    Share this rose if you know someone in heaven

An we prey dat dey got lotsa Eester egs 2day up dere in Hevn a swell

• Registered Users Posts: 27,845 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

coolhull wrote: »
    An we prey dat dey got lotsa Eester egs 2day up dere in Hevn a swell

Amen

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Neil Issagum

Happy Easter eggs proud to be irish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

PTH2009 wrote: »
    i really hate when people tag themselves in a pub/niteclub and say 'drinking Alcoholic beverages or drinking everything alcoholic with' who gives a flying **** what ur drinking

im as sick as seeing pictures and videos of kids with there bloody easter eggs as much as the kids themselves will be from eating them

I was out last month for a charity thing, just stayed for two drinks. My friends club had organised it. Met his girlfriend and her friend, who are a pair of dry ****es. Her friend tagged us on Facebook, "drinking everything alcoholic" and having a wild night. She was drinking west coast cooler and I'd never had a more sedate night out. 3 of us sitting there on our phones, when Facebook thought we were all going to need to be pumped out later that night. Lame.

My dumb Facebook quote has been shared a couple of times by the same girl in the past few weeks. Each time I see it fills me with irrational rage.

Her: this couldn't be more true, no time for this crap
    Pic she shares: my kids are my life.
    So if you don't bother to visit them,
    Ask how they are,
    Or show interest in them,
    Don't act surprised when I treat you the same way.

:mad: :mad: :mad:
    Ugh. This one would put axa to shame the way she does be hurling the quotes up on her page

• Advertisement

Comment underneath a photo from yesterday's parade:
    Can't we all just get along and remember the real reason for today.
    Jesus would of turned 100 today if he was still with us.
    Let's not forget that.

I... what?! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

gutenberg wrote: »
    Comment underneath a photo from yesterday's parade:

I... what?! :confused:

I really hope that's a wind up, just from the sheer number of things wrong with it. They even snuck in a cheeky 'would of' :D

maudgonner wrote: »
    I really hope that's a wind up, just from the sheer number of things wrong with it. They even snuck in a cheeky 'would of' :D

I hope too. Though the commenter has recently put up another status lambasting people obsessed with spelling and grammar, so who knows...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,775 ✭✭✭griffin100

April fools day is fast approaching, before you post on Facebook about being pregnant that you and your friends find "funny" take a step back and think of all the mothers who's babies got lost in the womb, born silent or baby's born that couldn't stay.. Loosing a baby is not a joke, pregnancy is not a joke so respect the mothers who grieve each day and don't post pregnancy pranks!! Copy and paste to honour the grieving mothers and to spare them the hurt of pregnancy pranks on April fools day!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭mynameis905

griffin100 wrote: »
    April fools day is fast approaching, before you post on Facebook about being pregnant that you and your friends find "funny" take a step back and think of all the mothers who's babies got lost in the womb, born silent or baby's born that couldn't stay.. Loosing a baby is not a joke, pregnancy is not a joke so respect the mothers who grieve each day and don't post pregnancy pranks!! Copy and paste to honour the grieving mothers and to spare them the hurt of pregnancy pranks on April fools day!!

dmt worry hun dere up in heaven now with the angles xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

I've never once seen anyone post a fake pregnancy post on facebook for April fool's day but I'm going to put one up this year, even though I'm a bloke, just to piss that sap off.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,775 ✭✭✭griffin100

I'm just trying to visualise a womb big enough to loose a baby in........

gutenberg wrote: »
    Has anyone else noticed the increase in the number of people who post pictures to their friend's wall, when it's the friend's birthday? Usually it's some 'hilarious' photo in which the birthday boy/girl looks horrendous while the 'well-wisher' looks fabulous, naturally. Why do people do this?! Is it to somehow prove they're actually friends with whoever's birthday it is? Really noticed it yesterday as an acquaintance had her birthday and my newsfeed was flooded with photos from people posting on her wall.

Seems to be a teenage thing that started a few years ago.

Lads/girls who are obviously as fit as a fiddle and as toned as an ironing board professing their "guilt" and how naughty they are for having a bloody cupcake or a bag of chips as if they are after overdosing on heroine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

I would class posting a fake pregnancy (not that I'd ever seen one) as bad extremely bad taste and would probably unfriend them but the rest of the post doesn't apply unless people were posting fake miscarriages/stillbirths. That would be deplorable and I'd expect any such person to find themselves unfriended by a lot of people in real life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,871 ✭✭✭✭anewme

I know we are not supposed to name people but hopefully it's ok as he wanted the post made public.

Wentworth Millars direct and honest response to The Lad Bible trying to get a cheap laugh at his expense is worth reading.

A friend posted a status about their shoddy experience with an airline recently. The gist of it seems to be that the flight was overbooked, but only when they were physically on the plane and they saw that someone else was in their seat did the airline realise/care, and my friend was left standing on the plane for two hours while cabin crew went back and forth with ground staff/desk staff trying to resolve it. In the end, after rebooking and paying a significant amount extra, she was offered 30 euro in compensation.

Anyway, they posted a status detailing this, and this bright spark commented below:
    30 euro when the seat you paid God knows what for wasn't available and you had to stand on a flight???? Absolute disgrace!!!!! I hope they acknowledge this and their mistakes xx

Does this person actually think my friend was allowed to STAND for the duration of their 10-hour flight from the Middle East?! And that this is part of the reason why she should be compensated?! Jesus wept. I know Ryanair at one point discussed the possibility of standing spaces on short flights, but come on...

• Site Banned Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Martypants1

Not a status but the people who change the first letters of the first and last names drive me up the wall. What are you doing that for you stupid cóck?

Mohn Jurphy - So hilarious. Twat.

Not a status but the people who change the first letters of the first and last names drive me up the wall. What are you doing that for you stupid cóck?

Mohn Jurphy - So hilarious. Twat.

Its actually mainly done to prevent employers/interviewing companies from reviewing your social media. Its understandable someone wants to keep their private life private.

• Site Banned Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Martypants1

Its actually mainly done to prevent employers/interviewing companies from reviewing your social media. Its understandable someone wants to keep their private life private.

It doesn't work if you once had your normal name on it.

A lot of these peoples facebook username (the one that's in the URL of your profile) is their normal name anyways which is searchable.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

I think that goes out of the window as soon as you set up a facebook account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

When a girl tags her boyfriend for putting a sneaky finger in her ass. Do people realise other people can see this?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

When a girl tags her boyfriend for putting a sneaky finger in her ass. Do people realise other people can see this?

She sounds classy putting that kind of stuff online.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

has to be a frape, it has to be!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

pc7 wrote: »
    has to be a frape, it has to be!

Actually this sounds more believable.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement