Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finally, a Glock in .22lr.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Peppa Cig

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    So just order from an EU dealer of your choice .Once you have the liscense, you can have it delivered to your door here in Ireland.

Or go via gunshop.ie to get one from the USA.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Brontosaurus

aaakev wrote: »
    Cant see what good reason you would have as you can only use it on a range where ear protection is mandatory

"a good reason" is the slope down which mag capacities get lowered, centerfire semi-autos become near-impossible to get, center-fire pistols become effectively impossible to get, and so on until all we can own are bolties and over unders.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Gorgeousgeorge

See these glock 44 are 750 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭mickjohnlong

See these glock 44 are 750 euro

Where is that?

Where is that?

Cilldara hunting it's on the facebook page might be worth a call to confirm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭dc99

tudderone wrote: »
    These are going to be available with a threaded barrel, but not in the States. The Glock factory set out to make it twice as reliable as the competition, they have a match barrel and are good for 1" groups at 25m.

Match barrel? Does the “stock” 44 come with this marttch barrel or is that an after market item?

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    So just order from an EU dealer of your choice .Once you have the liscense, you can have it delivered to your door here in Ireland.

Hi, are EU dealers willing to wait the adverse 3 months it takes to get a pistol license?

dc99 wrote: »
    Hi, are EU dealers willing to wait the adverse 3 months it takes to get a pistol license?

Yep once they are paid in full up front in my experience

Yep once they are paid in full up front in my experience

Do they charge extra for the export to Ireland process?

Really I suppose is there a FAQ on purchasing from a german vendor - the ins and outs of them exporing to us?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭garrettod

Hi,

Why is there so much interest in the Glock?

I got a little time on a higher calibre Glock a few years ago, and while it was easy to dismantle (good for cleaning), felt okay in the hand, I also found it light, so it took longer to bring back on target after each shot.

Thanks,

G.

• Advertisement

Really I suppose is there a FAQ on purchasing from a german vendor - the ins and outs of them exporing to us?

Nope but they need your import licence before they can apply for the export.

Obviously you will have to cover the shipping etc which can be pricey in some cases

• Registered Users Posts: 14,950 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Yes they charge for courier fees within the EU .Which can vary.Best discuss with them before hand.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

1] Where do I find a gun I'd like in Germany?

Google is your friend.google firearms for sale in Germany or gun dealers in But some starters are Frankonia,egun.de. ,treibel.de,[will only deal with purchases over 500 euro for outside Germany] alljagd.de,Planet of gun.

2] So I found somthing I like what next,and I dont speak German?
    The majority of Germans now post war have English as a second langauge,and for those who dont,they will have someone who can translate within arms reach.
    So either ring up and /or email them about whatever gun you want to buy and negoiate your price.

Dont be put off by "No international sales" on some sites or sales.They are usually private sales that dont want the hassle to ship a gun with all the paperwork.You can still buy the gun off them and get them to transfer it internally to a gun dealer in Germany,who will do the EU export paperwork for you,at a smallish fee.

3] So Ive bought the gun,now what?
    Get the details of the gun in writing,your recipt,and gun dealers name ,addy e,etc in Germanyand apply for it here with your local friendly Garda Super or Cheif Super as the case may be.Wait paitently an X amount of time,and deal with BS as it might arise in the application until they decide and grant your lic. Pay for lic and ring the Dept of Justice & Equality.Ask for C4 division,and talk to the nice ladies there about getting an import cert for your purchase and how to ship up your paperwork to them for approval. Turnaround with the DOJ is exellent ,they will usually do it within ten days.

So when your import cert arrives, send the ORIGINAL IMPORT CERT,[photocopies,faxes,scans etc will NOT be accepted by the German authorthies],with a certified photocopy of your Irish liscense along with your delivery address,and any balance due to your German seller.He will then ship it to your door literally,if you want,or to whatever address you specify in writing for delivery instructions.

Like all beuracries,depending if the police officer in charge of firearms and the Landratsamt are at their desks to read the forms and stamp them,the process of the German paperwork can be a few days or a few weeks,depending.

Do I need an Irish gun dealer in this?
    Not really,unless you want to spend more money in Ireland for
    someone else to do a simple enough job and not have the headache of sending some forms about.
    Only time I'd use one is,I discoverd a gun I wanted,and needed to buy it quickly, IE an auction or private sale and get it shipped to an Irish dealer to hold,pending being issued a liscense here for it.

Will the German dealer charge me holding fees?

Depends on the dealer... They dont care.You paid for it,and its not like here where we have people using their dealers as free storage units for guns while they wont pay the 80 euros,or whatever reason.The only reason you would have a gun in storage in a dealer over there is you are getting it repaired,or you are selling it to a bigger audience of walk in customers.

How much wil it cost to ship?
    Depends on what is agreeable between the dealer and you to ship to

I]If I dont get my liscense in Ireland What then?[/I]
    You own a gun in Germany!!:D Seriously, best to discuss this with the seller,and make it clear to them,that it is a lengthy process here in Ireland ,with betimes a negative grant outcome,and in that case can you get a refund on your payment.By and large Germans will refund in full,or even hold off the full payment if this is the situation,but you must make your position clear and agree terms beforehand.IE Common courtsey in doing any normal busisness transaction in the Western world.

Will they also ship ammo?
    Yes,IF you have a DOJ issued import cert for the calibre and a liscense here.AND you can find a courier company that will handle a Hazard material shipment,by air only to Ireland,and not charge the earth for it too.Shipping costs can sometime run as high as the bulk cost of the ammo itself.So be warned on that one.

Is it it best to pay the full price upfront?

Generally considerd good busisness manners in Germany to pay the agreed price upfront.Or to honour any transaction agreements within the time limit agreed.Esp if you are dealing with serial number specific Irish liscenses and import certs.

Worth doing?
    Bigger market,bigger selection on 2nd hand guns.Easily dealt with procedures ,no huge markups.Delivery to your door when all is done within four or five days. Downside,courier costs can be mad depending on who is doing the transport and shipping.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Very informative Grizzly 45

That sound easy...unless you expand the Irish Licence content......

But it could be worth a go.

It would even be better if you could go to the German vendor (while on holiday...) and do the deal...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭tudderone

Frankonia are doing them in Germany for 580 euros. A lot more than in America where the recommended retail is 400 dollars (365 euros), and they reckon they will be discounted to 350-360 dollars (330 euros). Rip off europe strikes again. They are made in Austria for heaven sake.

https://www.frankonia.de/p/glock/pistole-glock-g44/2006815?lastSelected=f_s_marke&f_s_marke=Glock&navCategoryId=63349

garrettod wrote: »
    Hi,

Why is there so much interest in the Glock?

I got a little time on a higher calibre Glock a few years ago, and while it was easy to dismantle (good for cleaning), felt okay in the hand, I also found it light, so it took longer to bring back on target after each shot.

I had a model 17 in 9mm and loved it. Only sold it to buy a sig p226.

Frankonia are doing them in Germany for 580 euros. A lot more than in America where the recommended retail is 400 dollars (365 euros), and they reckon they will be discounted to 350-360 dollars (330 euros). Rip off europe strikes again. They are made in Austria for heaven sake.

https://www.frankonia.de/p/glock/pistole-glock-g44/2006815?lastSelected=f_s_marke&f_s_marke=Glock&navCategoryId=63349

I'm not sure, but on youtube I seen/heard that they are actually manufacturing the 44 in the US?
    Don't know for sure though...

I'm not sure, but on youtube I seen/heard that they are actually manufacturing the 44 in the US?
    Don't know for sure though...

The Americans don't like buying things not made in the US, i don't blame them, and they do have a factory over there to supply that market. But they are made in Austria too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭garrettod

I had a model 17 in 9mm and loved it. Only sold it to buy a sig p226.

Funny, I would fancy a Sig ahead of a Glock, any day. I know both have done well in tests, been selected by various parts of the US military and security forces, along with those of other countries etc.

I would be interested to hear your views on which you think is better, having had both firearms etc.

Thanks,

G.

garrettod wrote: »
    Funny, I would fancy a Sig ahead of a Glock, any day. I know both have done well in tests, been selected by various parts of the US military and security forces, along with those of other countries etc.

I would be interested to hear your views on which you think is better, having had both firearms etc.

The problem is the sig in .22 is made by Umarex, or was until recently. The sig p226 is the better gun, but depending on what model you buy, its twice the price + of the glock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭markad1

Group buy :D

Frankonia also happens to be THE most expensive gun store chain in Germany.:P From which most German gun dealers base their prices on. Its funny betimes ,you go into a small non franchise dealer in Germany and ask what could they do a brand xyz gun for in price.?

The dealer will quickly excuse himself a minute and frantic rustling of paper usually ensues in a back office or under the counter,as the dealer checks the Frankonia,AKAH,AllJagd,and previously Kettner catolouges for the current prics and then comes up with a figure that will make both you and him happy.;)

So dont go by Frankonias prices on anything.Be like buying in Holland & Holland in London,and then expecting those prices to be the norm in a local gunstore.

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Wadi14

Had a look at the Glock 44 today in Bridge Gun & Tackle in Strabane when I was in collecting my new pistol.
    Well its small and light lol

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Peppa Cig

You know what I don't like about it?
    The carrying case/storage box!
    The old Glock "tupperware " box with the hole in the centre was IMO a much better idea,as you could only store the pistol in it,in a decocked condition,so there could be no way of storing it with one in the chamber and the springs under tension. Plus the hole served as a saftey device,in that you could run a one inch bolt thru the hole and have it drilled thru on the closest point to the box lid,for a padlock,and have the gun instantly secured.These new Glock carrying cases/storage boxes they issue with all Glocks these days dont exactly look sturdy or tamperproof.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Is it just me or does that Glock look very small?

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Wadi14

its not u, it is very small, not knocking them but it looks and feels like a toy in your hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 DocKS123

Is it legal to buy a CAA Micro Roni?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,270 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Curious George here... Not a hunter or whatnot. Saw this thread on the homepage and it interested me somewhat.

I always thought guns were largely only in the hands of Irish hunters and keepers.. which I largely thought were rifles and shotguns... but who outside of security forces would have need for small handguns?

• Advertisement

DocKS123 wrote: »
    Is it legal to buy a CAA Micro Roni?

Yes if you have the liscense for the handgun.

Advertisement