Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finally, a Glock in .22lr.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭tudderone

ZiabR wrote: »
    Firearms pricing in Ireland across the board is at least 200-300 euro more. For example.

NEW Beretta 1 686 Sporter
    UK Price - £1695
    Ireland - €2150
    Markup after currency conversion - €157

NEW Browning 525 Sporter 1
    UK Price - £1550
    Ireland - €2050
    Markup after currency conversion - €228

Now i know the UK would import alot more guns than Ireland so maybe that has an impact of the pricing.

That being said, no matter what gun you look at, it will always be more expensive here.

Yeah i get that, rip off ireland etc. But no way would or should a 450 euro gun be 800-1200 euros as was said. I am old and hairy enough to know that things are a bit more expensive in Ireland, always have been, but thats taking the joke too far.

P.S just looked online, US dealers are already discounting this new pistol to $389.

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    How about ...NO...With airsoft stuff added to live firearms. Totally different plastics apprently used in these clam shells. You "might" get away with it if it is a .22 but deffo not with CF.I looked at this option and was strongly advised not to do so by those in the know in Europe.So I wouldnt even chance it with a .22

But is it down to any technical considerations or is it political ? The airsofters not wanting to see any of their stuff on real firearms in case they are restricted or something ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Gorgeousgeorge

tudderone wrote: »
    Yeah i get that, rip off ireland etc. But no way would or should a 450 euro gun be 800-1200 euros as was said. I am old and hairy enough to know that things are a bit more expensive in Ireland, always have been, but thats taking the joke too far.

P.S just looked online, US dealers are already discounting this new pistol to $389.

take any beretta shotgun that came in legit and not grey. first they leave beretta with a mark up then hit gmk in the uk who put a percentage on top. their is no beretta ireland anymore everything comes in from gmk to authorised dealers here in ireland and another percentage is put on top by them. if bought direct from an authorised agent fine but say you buy off connolly red mills or sportsden or jim mcbride, then another percentage is put on.

could be 40-60 percent mark up by the time i get me hands on it

take any beretta shotgun that came in legit and not grey. first they leave beretta with a mark up then hit gmk in the uk who put a percentage on top. their is no beretta ireland anymore everything comes in from gmk to authorised dealers here in ireland and another percentage is put on top by them. if bought direct from an authorised agent fine but say you buy off connolly red mills or sportsden or jim mcbride, then another percentage is put on.

could be 40-60 percent mark up by the time i get me hands on it

No one works for free, and everyone gets a cut, fair enough, but the idea you can rip someone off because you cannot get the product anywhere else in the country is wrong too.

No one works for free, and everyone gets a cut, fair enough, but the idea you can rip someone off because you cannot get the product anywhere else in the country is wrong too.

Who's ripping off someone? I agree with you 100% but with 2nd hand 87t 98fs hammerli xesse etc 800+ that price does not look too bad.

• Advertisement

Who's ripping off someone? I agree with you 100% but with 2nd hand 87t 98fs hammerli xesse etc 800+ that price does not look too bad.

Charging twice the recommended retail price isn't ripping someone off ? We were told when we joined the euro and at the time of the Lisbon and nice treaties, that we would be paying much less for goods as it was a single market, what a load of lies that turned out to be. Why can't i buy a firearm in German or Italy or any other eurozone country and have it shipped here ?

The Irish are too quiet.

Charging twice the recommended retail price isn't ripping someone off ? We were told when we joined the euro and at the time of the Lisbon and nice treaties, that we would be paying much less for goods as it was a single market, what a load of lies that turned out to be. Why can't i buy a firearm in German or Italy or any other eurozone country and have it shipped here ?

The Irish are too quiet.

Ah right I get ya now the shop thats selling them.

But you can buy a firearm and have it shipped here. Licence first then import licence. Had my dt10 from a shop in turin. Likes of top gun will get anything you want

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Ah right I get ya now the shop thats selling them.

But you can buy a firearm and have it shipped here. Licence first then import licence. Had my dt10 from a shop in turin. Likes of top gun will get anything you want

How much did you save buying in Italy? Did you have to pay importation fees?

There can't be importation fees between EU countries can there ?

About 2k. Big savings to be had even buying in the uk. No fees duty vat etc. The Lads on here walked me through the process with the import licence and everything else. Shipping was 250.

https://armerianordovest.it/prodotto/beretta-so4/

That's a 5-7k gun here depending on condition. Says like new. Can buy trap dt10 in italy for 2k all day long if you look hard enough. Even zoli, renato gamba,salvinelli and F.A.I.R can be had half the cost of here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,953 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

But is it down to any technical considerations or is it political ? The airsofters not wanting to see any of their stuff on real firearms in case they are restricted or something ?

Nope,it's tech related in the materials used for Real VS Airsoft.Might look the same to the uniniated,but the airsoft stuff is a plastic,while the real firearm stuff is a polymer,or re enforced with metal where it counts.You proably "could" get away with it on low power rounds like a .22.But then again those who have the Urmarex brand of liscensed Walthers and Colts could tell you about parts failure of pot metal slides and bushings ,etc,as they were also compatible for airsoft and blank firing pistols as well a the .22.But you will NOT get away with it on a full powerhouse round like a 9mm.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

About 2k. Big savings to be had even buying in the uk. No fees duty vat etc. The Lads on here walked me through the process with the import licence and everything else. Shipping was 250.

https://armerianordovest.it/prodotto/beretta-so4/

That's a 5-7k gun here depending on condition. Says like new. Can buy trap dt10 in italy for 2k all day long if you look hard enough. Even zoli, renato gamba,salvinelli and F.A.I.R can be had half the cost of here.

That is an impressive saving. Can't get over that, 2k? Thats the price of 7 years membership to my club or a second gun... mental.

Been saying it for years guys,shop around on the EU market.There are plenty of bargins out there.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

That is an impressive saving. Can't get over that, 2k? Thats the price of 7 years membership to my club or a second gun... mental.

all depends on what you are looking for, seen some serious black friday deals in the sportsman gun centre. biggest prob is the wait could be 6 months+ after you have fully paid till you get what you bought

• Registered Users Posts: 35 DocKS123

Would it be difficult to get a licence to have a suppressor for the G44?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

DocKS123 wrote: »

Cant see what good reason you would have as you can only use it on a range where ear protection is mandatory

Would it not help to group better?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

Would it not help to group better?

Don't think the super would care too much about your groups

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭solarwinds

Yes.
    Are you trying to give your Super a heart attack from laughing so hard at your application.

Ok point taken :-) Happy Christmas everyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭The pigeon man

solarwinds wrote: »
    Yes.
    Are you trying to give your Super a heart attack from laughing so hard at your application.

As far as I know a suppressor for a short firearm is a restricted firearm.

Actually...Yes you could apply and try for a good reason if you were a Vet,master of hounds,huntmaster,or had anything to do with large livestock on a professional basis.That a silencer would be a necessary part of your kit in that case for a .22 or bigger even,like the Brugger and Thomet 9mm silenced pistol[a modern Welrod design with a three shot mag]

Also , EU noise abatement directives state that noise must be abated at source if the design allows for such of the noise maker,and that secondary protection is a poor substitute,only to be used if there is NO other option. A point that the Garda FPU accepted in my application for a .308 on a semi auto.
    So there might be two points worth trying?.

If you have a mod for a .22 rifle already, can that not be used as its already in your possession ?

As far as I know a suppressor for a short firearm is a restricted firearm.

Nope,the short restricted firearm itself is the liscensed component,so it is irrevelant as to what is added onto it,and until Feb 29th next year its mag capacity.Yes the silencer is considerd a firearm in its own right,but its too clunky to be issuing liscenses for every silencer seperately.Hence the "S" on the licsence. .However I know of ONE person out there who does have such here in the ROI,but in his case it was done well before 2008.

If you have a mod for a .22 rifle already, can that not be used as its already in your possession ?

NO!You cant change them between a S registerd firearm and a Non S registerd firearm.But between two S regd firearms no problem. If you bought one say and there was a silencer included,it will be on the system,that that particular gun has a silencer reged to it,and if you havent applied for the silencer,questions might be asked as to where the silencer is??? Also,it's vauge to non existent to say how many silencers you can posses as well per gun in a specific caliber ASFIK?

Any idea when it will be available in Ireland after the 20th Jan 2020?

Any idea when it will be available in Ireland after the 20th Jan 2020?

This is Ireland and we are in the Eu, just like Austria where the pistols are made. So check back in two years time, or keep asking at your local dealer who will tell you "There's not one to be had for love nor money" :rolleyes:.

This is Ireland and we are in the Eu, just like Austria where the pistols are made. So check back in two years time, or keep asking at your local dealer who will tell you "There's not one to be had for love nor money" :rolleyes:.

So just order from an EU dealer of your choice .Once you have the liscense, you can have it delivered to your door here in Ireland.

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    So just order from an EU dealer of your choice .Once you have the liscense, you can have it delivered to your door here in Ireland.

Thats what i would do. Any good dealers to recommend ? Especially ones with decent websites to ogle at ?

• Advertisement

Thats what i would do. Any good dealers to recommend ? Especially ones with decent websites to ogle at ?

https://www.waffen-ferkinghoff.com/english/handguns/pistols?p=2

Advertisement