Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Out of Season 2021

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Plenty of people in my neighbourhood still have outside lights on in their gardens, and it really cheers up an evening walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Day Lewin wrote: »
    Plenty of people in my neighbourhood still have outside lights on in their gardens, and it really cheers up an evening walk.

Our's are still going strong every night on the tree at the end of the front garden.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

Lots of trees still up in houses around Douglas in Cork! My neighbour had his up one year until the middle of summer. He took it down but jaysus, from the time it took to put up in the attic and then back down again for Christmas, his coffee was probably still hot :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Drive by a house in Balinteer on Wednesday that still has their decorations up. Cheered me up to see the Santa and reindeer still lit up in the front garden

• Registered Users Posts: 10,122 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Out for a run at 6.30 this morning and one house still had their tree up and lights on.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

6.30? Ouch, fair play! :D

DvB wrote: »
    Out for a run at 6.30 this morning and one house still had their tree up and lights on.

Great time to be up. Wasn’t out for a run, just a bit of quiet time with a coffee before the madness begins!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭gidget

Didn’t get a chance to post it, but yesterday I had This Morning on in the background while I was working and it got my attention when a woman being interviewed was pulled up by Eamonn Holmes after he spotted a Christmas tree still up behind her. Her response was well it cheers us up & no point taking it down now

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Just friends on comedy central atm. Think it was in the movie tournament so has to count, and we're out of season, soooooo...
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Just friends on comedy central atm. Think it was in the movie tournament so has to count, and we're out of season, soooooo...

I watched it last weekend. It hasn’t aged as well as I remember seeing it first time out :(

Loughc wrote: »
    I watched it last weekend. It hasn’t aged as well as I remember seeing it first time out :(

Agree. We turned it off after 20 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

I was dropping off a couple of bags of clothes into the charity bins in the retail area in Ashbourne and noticed they leave the cluster lights that are all along the canopy that goes along the shop fronts on and it looks brilliant.
    Not sure if it's deliberate or not?

Was watching Daddy’s Home 2 earlier. Never knew it was a Christmas movie. Good laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,002 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Started watching The Muppet Show back tonight. It struck me that part of the credit music has the same tune as the "He sees you when you're sleeping, he knows when you're awake, he knows when you've been bad or good so be good for goodness sake" part of Santa Claus is coming to town :D

Out walking yesterday evening & as it got dark walked past a house with a christmas wreath hanging from their hall door with lights running through it all lit up. I'm not gonna lie I thought it great!!

Oh and still seeing those Christmas for U or suchlike ads on virgin Media between programmes. They're really pushing that this year, don't ever remember seeing thosekind of adverts this far into a new year.

Out walking yesterday evening & as it got dark walked past a house with a christmas wreath hanging from their hall door with lights running through it all lit up. I'm not gonna lie I thought it great!!

Oh and still seeing those Christmas for U or suchlike ads on virgin Media between programmes. They're really pushing that this year, don't ever remember seeing thosekind of adverts this far into a new year.

I've seen similar wreaths but apparently the ones I've seen are Easter ones not Christmas, there's Autumn Wreaths too.

The Christmas2U ads actually make sense, with Park Christmas going bust last year, this crowd have a big market they can step into, so I imagine they're going down the whole name recognition route.

I've seen similar wreaths but apparently the ones I've seen are Easter ones not Christmas, there's Autumn Wreaths too.

Hmmm, you might be on to something there, though this one had berries, holly & little silver bells, hence me assuming it was christmas. Either way it looked great:)

The Christmas2U ads actually make sense, with Park Christmas going bust last year, this crowd have a big market they can step into, so I imagine they're going down the whole name recognition route.
    I wouldn't trust them after what happened with Park, tbh!

Posy wrote: »
    I wouldn't trust them after what happened with Park, tbh!

Oh absolutely same, then again I just don't see the appeal of those companies myself, put away money each week and come Christmas you'll have enough saved to buy a hamper of things you actually want.

• Advertisement

Our Christmas wreath is still on the front door. No lights and is looking a bit battered and worn at this stage however don't have the heart to take it down so will probably stay up till it fall off!

TRS30 wrote: »
    Our Christmas wreath is still on the front door. No lights and is looking a bit battered and worn at this stage however don't have the heart to take it down so will probably stay up till it fall off!

If it didn't fall off over the past couple of weeks of wind you might have a keeper :P

If it didn't fall off over the past couple of weeks of wind you might have a keeper :P

There has been a few morning alright where I expected to find it on the ground however has somehow stayed on the door. Must be that magic elf string I used ;)

Out with a client this morning & in their canteen having a coffee at one stage noticed they still had home made christmas decorations up at one end of the canteen. 2 Months to the day from Christmas this impressed me!

Out with a client this morning & in their canteen having a coffee at one stage noticed they still had home made christmas decorations up at one end of the canteen. 2 Months to the day from Christmas this impressed me!

Eagle eyed :)

TRS30 wrote: »
    Eagle eyed :)

To be fair they were hard to miss. Obviously made by the staff's children, they still looked great. Made me smile anyway :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,002 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

One of the houses in an estate I cut through when I'm walking still has their Christmas wreath on the front door. It was originally green fir sprigs and red ribbons. Unfortunately now it's brown fir and grey ribbon. I'm all for keeping Christmas going but this actually depressed me.

Caranica wrote: »
    One of the houses in an estate I cut through when I'm walking still has their Christmas wreath on the front door. It was originally green fir sprigs and red ribbons. Unfortunately now it's brown fir and grey ribbon. I'm all for keeping Christmas going but this actually depressed me.

Ours is still holding up pretty good and doesn't look too worn or dying. I reckon once it starts to look like the above it will be coming down.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,186 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I gave my bedroom a big clean last night got loads of rubbish out of it and I took down my little Christmas tree. It reminded me of getting ready for Christmas for some reason.
    Hope ye all had a good Rudolph Day. (Only 9 more of them to go:cool:)

• Advertisement

Not that you'd be counting or anything, FP. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement