Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[MW2 MegaLove thread]sunshine and lollipops

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Having great fun today and doing quite well which is nice - went 30-3 on FFA with no killstreaks when trying to get the loner achievement and had a couple of other 17-0 and 23-2 matches on MTDM, I'm finding it tough to pry myself away from the TV :D

It's definitely a lot better to play since that patch came out

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭mrm

The thing I like most about this game is that after you are shot dead on one of the maps in the game you are not actually dead. The game subtly and carefully avoids realism and I believe that this is its most supportive feature with regards to replayability.

The second thing I most like about the game is its replayability. Even thought it feels as though you are playing on the same few maps all the time, with the unlocking of new weapons and perks and messing around with your loadout to suit the map, gametype or playing style of opponents the game constantly plays differently. Playing poorly for a few games, change from gunslinger to stealth loadout and you're winning again.

I love beating players ranked above me, and I like the anticipation of the game end stats. I also enjoy finishing with least deaths or best K/D ratio without finishing top. The stats at each game end are great for rewarding players that don't finish with the most kills.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

i dont hate any maps...all maps have somthing good about them...where as on cod 4 there was 2 or 3 maps i absoulutly hated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

I was going to write a big long paragraph about loving this game, but decided to make this video to tell the story for me :-)

Enjoy

Tallon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭ronanc15

i hadn't had any interest in a console for yeeeears, i played call of duty 4 in a friends house and then when this was released I pretty much bought the console for the game lol.

Haven't put the thing down since!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭overexcitedaj

Played online properly for the first time in ages and i had a blast. I dont know if it was the people i was paired with but every game proved to be more tactical with simply no one cheating. I love the fact that more snipers are appearing on the maps. Nothing beats going up against a few snipers and pulling of a sweet kill on a person miles better than you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

2 days ago I got my tactical knife for the magnum, I've never used it before and had a great time with my p90 class :D I used to hate people with it on but thought it was class stabbing everyone! Still haven't got pro for marathon or lightweight yet though :(

Im completely **** at this game and still can't go a day without playing!! That is all:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭shawpower

2 days ago I got my tactical knife for the magnum, I've never used it before and had a great time with my p90 class :D I used to hate people with it on but thought it was class stabbing everyone! Still haven't got pro for marathon or lightweight yet though :(

Anyone who wants to get the Tac Knife for the Magnum, but doesn't like having to use the gun itself; just use the default class First Recon.

You get the Tac Knife on this as standard, and all kills with it count as Magnum kills for your actual class. So you can use the default class Tac Knife and still unlock the full Magnum attachments without having to worry about firing the gun.

(That's what I did anyway. :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 33,230 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Game of TDM in Skidrow a few minutes ago. 3 guys were hiding on the first floor of one of the buildings along the side. Making mincemeat of our team. I managed to get underneath the balcony they were on and went out close enough that I could just see the top of their heads.

BOOM

One headshot

BOOM

Second headshot

BOOM

One more headshot.

Predator missile around the back of said building

BOOM

4 man Multi-Kill

I really wish I could have seen the killcam for the 3rd headshot, because he would have seen the other 2 on his as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

I thought it only fair to stick this thread seeing as how we have a Megabitch thread. :)

I love this game, I'm particularly loving the M16, favourite assault rifle by far!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭noshankus

r3nu4l wrote: »
    I love this game, I'm particularly loving the M16, favourite assault rifle by far!

Oooh, me too! M16 with FMJ and stopping power... he's going down!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

I used it so much at the start, fing love it.... trying to vary my weapons though

Tallon wrote: »
    trying to vary my weapons though

+1 to varying weapons. Makes leveling up easier, plus this way I discovered the TAR. Beast of a gun!! Same damage as the Scar but bigger clips. I love it's iron sight too. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,427 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

I'm also dying for the new DLC and yes, I will spend my money on it,

I only got my ps3 at christmas so Im not totally familiar with all the terms yet :o.
    So whats a DLC???

Dean09 wrote: »
    I only got my ps3 at christmas so Im not totally familiar with all the terms yet :o.
    So whats a DLC???

Downloadable content... i.e. extra maps and potentially other stuff, like skins or weapons. But most likely maps and maybe a single player campaign add on.

How does DLC work?

As in everyone who is playing at the moment has bought the game (or at least stolen a copy by downloading it etc). Effectively, everyone has the same game. However, if you get say 25% buying DLC, how does it work out the games of TDM for example. Do you only get to use the DLC when you have a full lobby of people who have it? Do the lobby's get created with DLC in mind??

Hmmm, my guess to this is that the game gets set up with the new map and it only allows people who have it to get into that lobby. If it doesn't get enough people, the map may change to a default one and allow more people to enter.

That's just my guess. Good question though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

shawpower wrote: »
    How does DLC work?

As in everyone who is playing at the moment has bought the game (or at least stolen a copy by downloading it etc). Effectively, everyone has the same game. However, if you get say 25% buying DLC, how does it work out the games of TDM for example. Do you only get to use the DLC when you have a full lobby of people who have it? Do the lobby's get created with DLC in mind??

My young lad used to play cod waw on the 360 and when DLC maps were about to start he was booted out of the lobby for not having the maps.

Efioanaes wrote: »
    My young lad used to play cod waw on the 360 and when DLC maps were about to start he was booted out of the lobby for not having the maps.

Wow. That kind of stuff will move me very quickly from the " [MW2 MegaLove thread]sunshine and lollipops" to the "MW2 MegaBitch thread - post your rant here" side of the fence... :eek: :eek: :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

Efioanaes wrote: »
    Correct , they more or less force you to buy the downloadable content, otherwise you will keep getting booted out .

And I suppose they'll make the newer maps come up more often to try and encourage people to buy them... Sucks!

Oops! Sorry, this is the "sunshine and lollipops" thread... in which case, that's cool! :)

noshankus wrote: »
    And I suppose they'll make the newer maps come up more often to try and encourage people to buy them... Sucks!

Oops! Sorry, this is the "sunshine and lollipops" thread... in which case, that's cool! :)

LoL

What price is this DLC normally? I'm guessing you can't buy with cash, and have to get XBox Live points etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

Why do people give out about the nuke so much? I think it's a great idea and perfectly solves the problem of no more reward once you've used all of your killstreak rewards and are still alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭sierra117x

shawpower wrote: »
    LoL

What price is this DLC normally? I'm guessing you can't buy with cash, and have to get XBox Live points etc?

probably 800 ???? no promises though might be more might be less(heres hoping). and i think you can go onto xbox.com sign in and view downloadable content then buy with a credit card . just so your not forking out on 2100 points when you only need a few hundred

• Registered Users Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

I'm trying to get good (or just less retarded) at sniping. I've started using the M16 with the ACOG sight as my assault class to try to get some sort of practice (as opposed to just unloading a full clip into everyone with the ACR). Do you think this will help?

I'm trying to get good (or just less retarded) at sniping. I've started using the M16 with the ACOG sight as my assault class to try to get some sort of practice (as opposed to just unloading a full clip into everyone with the ACR). Do you think this will help?

ive just started working on my sniping too. some craic, but man the silencer really ****s up the power of the barrett. is there much difference between the standard sniper scope and the acog?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,230 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Playing TDM Skidrow last night, there was some guy on our team who bitching and moaning everytime someone killed him. He was actually doing brilliantly, ended up 36/6 or something. But if someone killed him, he'd start shouting "How is that even possible! I hit him in the f**king head at least 3 f**king times"...."WHAT? There's no way he could have seen me.... Oh come on, my head was barely sticking out and he hits me with one f**king shot?"...."Oh this game f**king sucks *ss" etc etc.

Then he started complaining about his own teammates, including me with comments like "Get out of my ****ing way dude.... oh great, now I missed that shot. F**king douchebag"

So, the next match started (in between matches, he was bragging he got the most kills and stuff. Seriously, this guy had to be at least 20). Karachi. So of course, I did what any good teammate would do. I used a class that had Scavenger, and I repeatedly threw stun grenades right in his eye. And I kept following him and shooting when he was trying to sneak up on people so they'd know someone was coming. The guy went apesh*t. It was brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

Why do people give out about the nuke so much? I think it's a great idea and perfectly solves the problem of no more reward once you've used all of your killstreak rewards and are still alive.

Its easier to get a nuke in objective games but the people that usually get them never go for the objective just for the nuke.
    On tdm or ffa if someone gets a nuke then fair play to them well done.

• Advertisement

Playing TDM Skidrow last night, there was some guy on our team who bitching and moaning everytime someone killed him. He was actually doing brilliantly, ended up 36/6 or something. But if someone killed him, he'd start shouting "How is that even possible! I hit him in the f**king head at least 3 f**king times"...."WHAT? There's no way he could have seen me.... Oh come on, my head was barely sticking out and he hits me with one f**king shot?"...."Oh this game f**king sucks *ss" etc etc.

Then he started complaining about his own teammates, including me with comments like "Get out of my ****ing way dude.... oh great, now I missed that shot. F**king douchebag"

So, the next match started (in between matches, he was bragging he got the most kills and stuff. Seriously, this guy had to be at least 20). Karachi. So of course, I did what any good teammate would do. I used a class that had Scavenger, and I repeatedly threw stun grenades right in his eye. And I kept following him and shooting when he was trying to sneak up on people so they'd know someone was coming. The guy went apesh*t. It was brilliant.

Hilarious. Never come across someone like that, but boy I enjoyed the read.

I had one game recently, where I was playing in a party with a couple of guys from on here. In the pre-game lobby there got put up against a few yanks (probably teenagers) who were smack talking. Calling out the names of guys on our team and shouting out abuse etc. Just the usual stupid stuff. I said nothing.

During the game, I notice I had a yellow bar, where everyone else had 4-3 bars. Most of their team had 4 bars. Anyway, I ended up top scoring, with I think over 30 kills. So we get back to the lobby and, basically for the first time ever, I endulged in some Smack talking back. It went along the lines of how they must of been so sh1t to let someone on a yellow bar connection whoop their asses so bad etc etc. They backed out en masse pretty quickly. Not liking their own medicine I guess. :D

Advertisement