Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Appeal of a thread ban

Options
  • 25-04-2020 5:44pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 35

Hello,

I would like to appeal my thread ban in ‘Relaxing Restrictions’ in the Covid-19 forum. I have been accused of trolling but I am merely countering opinions of people who have been spreading doom and gloom for weeks.

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,577 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

This is the post I made when issuing the threadban:
    I’ll answer that: as Bandit most likely doesn’t have a job and relies on the State to fund him, dwelling in his council house basement posting on boards all day and trying to tell people what to do has most likely been the most fun he’s had in years.

So yeah, I’d say the lockdown is his happy place
    You also could get seriously ill from one of Bandit Luke’s food deliveries. I’m extremely concerned that he is most likely doing this without proper HAACP procedures in place or EHO oversight. Ecoli or the like could easily kill elderly/ vuenerable people.
    I am and have been following every rule and restriction and will continue to do so until May 5th. After that I’ll continue to socially distance but certainly won’t comply with many of the more ridiculous dictums coming from Cervical Check Tony and Lockdown Leo
    I agree with you on one point there. I’d also be more comfortable with her calling the shots as despite my loathing of her party, at least she was democratically elected and therefore has considerably more right to govern the country than Cervical Tony and Wrong Model Phil do.
    Do not post in this thread again

Ever since you joined the site you have been low-level trolling, and indeed received one in-thread warning in the main Covid thread and a threadban from the Garda Checks thread earlier today

In the above quotes you were attacking another poster. You were also resorting to silly name calling of people who have a high profile in the current crisis. Your username shows your disdain for one individual and it seems quite clear you want to stir things up

None of this behaviour is acceptable. You may get away with it for a short while as this sort of stuff often flies under the radar. The difference here is you are showing signs of this type of behaviour in most of your posts and therefore to avoid others having to put up with more of your crap I threadbanned you

With this sort of behaviour in such a short time on the site you may well find your posting privileges withdrawn altogether from the site

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 35 Unelected CMO

Beasty wrote: »
    This is the post I made when issuing the threadban:

Ever since you joined the site you have been low-level trolling, and indeed received one in-thread warning in the main Covid thread and a threadban from the Garda Checks thread earlier today

In the above quotes you were attacking another poster. You were also resorting to silly name calling of people who have a high profile in the current crisis. Your username shows your disdain for one individual and it seems quite clear you want to stir things up

None of this behaviour is acceptable. You may get away with it for a short while as this sort of stuff often flies under the radar. The difference here is you are showing signs of this type of behaviour in most of your posts and therefore to avoid others having to put up with more of your crap I threadbanned you

With this sort of behaviour in such a short time on the site you may well find your posting privileges withdrawn altogether from the site

So if I understand correctly, you don’t think it’s ok to mock the unelected people currently running the country and must accept their word as gospel, without question. I have always been lead to believe that in an open and free society, robust debate, criticism of leaders and indeed satire is a cornerstone of human rights and liberal discourse.

I accept that I may have overstepped in going after several posters but tbh they have been allowed, unchallenged to spread fear and despair in a time when a lot of people are seriously struggling mentally with this imposition on human rights

Beasty, I suspect you have natural authoritarian views and instincts and these may lead you to display bias against any type of contrarian. I request somebody else look into this as I don’t believe you will give me any sort of fair hearing out. Your response above is that of a schoolmaster, hectoring a bold student.

I have offered in Pm to no longer engage with the pro lockdown crowd and that offer still stands, I’d just like someone else to adjudicate this matter.

Bella Ciao

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 35 Unelected CMO

So if I understand correctly, you don’t think it’s ok to mock the unelected people currently running the country and must accept their word as gospel, without question. I have always been lead to believe that in an open and free society, robust debate, criticism of leaders and indeed satire is a cornerstone of human rights and liberal discourse.

I accept that I may have overstepped in going after several posters but tbh they have been allowed, unchallenged to spread fear and despair in a time when a lot of people are seriously struggling mentally with this imposition on human rights

Beasty, I suspect you have natural authoritarian views and instincts and these may lead you to display bias against any type of contrarian. I request somebody else look into this as I don’t believe you will give me any sort of fair hearing out. Your response above is that of a schoolmaster, hectoring a bold student.

I have offered in Pm to no longer engage with the pro lockdown crowd and that offer still stands, I’d just like someone else to adjudicate this matter.

Bella Ciao

So what happens next?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,577 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

A Cmod or another Admin will hopefully be along at some stage to comment further

• Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

I'll jump in on this, but to be clear, the Help Desk isn't DRP 2.0 for threadbans.
    I’ll answer that: as Bandit most likely doesn’t have a job and relies on the State to fund him, dwelling in his council house basement posting on boards all day and trying to tell people what to do has most likely been the most fun he’s had in years.

So yeah, I’d say the lockdown is his happy place
    You also could get seriously ill from one of Bandit Luke’s food deliveries. I’m extremely concerned that he is most likely doing this without proper HAACP procedures in place or EHO oversight. Ecoli or the like could easily kill elderly/ vuenerable people.

I'll keep this short. You were being a dick to another poster, and this is only two of a multitude of posts in your short space of time here that I would consider low level trolling. I'd also argue that someone must have been in a generous mood not to card at least the first post I quoted there. Threadban stays in place and the matter is closed.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement