Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 2 - The Happyning

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

Is it bad that I sometimes like to troll people by illegally parking right in the middle of the "clear area" (big yellow box marking) when popping into the post office. It used to be marked for three parking spaces, but for some inexplicable reason they turned it into "clear area". This place is totally cut off from the road and there's no danger or obstruction, so I sometimes just plank myself right in the middle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

What kind of chocolate though hmm 🤔 :3 ?

Toffee crisps, rolos, crunchies, chunky kit kats, a terry's chocolate orange and a box of after eights. I bought some of the mulitpacks and they fell to the back of the press and I forgot about them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Toffee crisps, rolos, crunchies, chunky kit kats, a terry's chocolate orange and a box of after eights. I bought some of the mulitpacks and they fell to the back of the press and I forgot about them.

Mmmmmm toffee crisp...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

northgirl wrote: »
    Mmmmmm toffee crisp...

Crunchies are my favourite I think. Oh there's a Lint dark mint large bar there as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,155 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

A clean fresh bed and glorious silence outside , no wind no rain just the usual hum of distant traffic
    And the cat who lost his voice can meow once again
    Although if he keeps up the racket he might find himself in the TA thread soon

• Advertisement

Crunchies are my favourite I think. Oh there's a Lint dark mint large bar there as well.

There were a few months last winter where I had a diet nearly entirely of crunchies :pac: TBF they are divine :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,027 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Dibs!

Cosy and toasty in the leaba. House to myself. Couple of episodes of Mom, actually no, probably just the one as I am quite tired now after all the TV :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭mikemac2

I don't read books but I listen to books. I subscribe to audible and get a credit each month

The right narrator is crucial. Could be your favourite author but if the narrator is no good it'll ruin it for you.

My TH is John Grisham has gone back to using his usual narrator. Sorry but the people he used for some recent books were whiny and I couldn't listen to them

A shoutout to Michael Beck who is a bit of a B list actor and his career was small roles on TV shows. That doesn't mean he has no talent as when it comes to voice work he's amazing!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

mmmm, sure you may as well dish them out there and we'll all help you finish them :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

KatW4 wrote: »
    My boyfriend went out last night. I was supposed to collect him but I fell asleep (Oops). Anyway he got a taxi home but he got the taxi driver to stop at the shop so he could buy sausages to cook breakfast for us this morning. The taxi driver and the guy in the shop was laughing at him! I think it's hilarious too. My breakfast was delicious!

I hope you gave him a treat!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Try_harder wrote:
    I hope you gave him a treat!

I bought him a George Foreman grill ðŸ˜

KatW4 wrote: »
    I bought him a George Foreman grill ðŸ˜

I would be disappointed :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Pic's or .....

Have'nt used glow sticks in ages... I want some now.

Had to gggooooooogggle glowsticks..

mmmm, sure you may as well dish them out there and we'll all help you finish them :pac:

special appeal from Graces as we seem to be constantly cut off by gales and I forgot to get any chocolate... A chocolate less Christmas.. ah well! oh I found half a wispa....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Graces7 wrote:
    special appeal from Graces as we seem to be constantly cut off by gales and I forgot to get any chocolate... A chocolate less Christmas.. ah well! oh I found half a wispa....

What is half a bar ????

:confused:

What is half a bar ????

Yeah like wth?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

What is half a bar ????

Beyond my comprehension. When I open a bar it never needs rewrapping. I don't know why Cadbury do an 'easy reseal' wrapper.
    An old neighbour years ago used to get a week out of a, then, marathon bar; by the end of the week it looked like something the cat dragged in.

TH, it's a great morning for a long brisk walk with Mrs S.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,027 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Oooh, Matron! TWO men AND chocolate?!? I need my salts... :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,364 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Beyond my comprehension. When I open a bar it never needs rewrapping. I don't know why Cadbury do an 'easy reseal' wrapper.
    An old neighbour years ago used to get a week out of a, then, marathon bar; by the end of the week it looked like something the cat dragged in.

TH, it's a great morning for a long brisk walk with Mrs S.

It was probably the remorseful long distance sea swimming badger that dropped it on the keyboard as the post was being typed.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Advertisement

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    A clean fresh bed and glorious silence outside , no wind no rain just the usual hum of distant traffic
    And the cat who lost his voice can meow once again
    Although if he keeps up the racket he might find himself in the TA thread soon

lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Asking for help from people who have a bad reputation and them asking why I didn’t ask for help sooner, being so nice and helpful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭Bredabe

If I want to have a few days over Christmas/Ny, I have to get a rather large book read and noted.

TH, the way the weather is here, its just the day to stay in and read with the heat on.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Did a litter pick on the road and all looking proper again.

TA; litter louts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Good day so far. I got a call to say I won wine and chocs in a raffle yesterday. Then a letter from a government department saying a matter that I had queried has been resolved in my favour. Not bad going for a wet Monday.

Even more TH! My boss called saying she wants to see me. I finished at the end of October, and not due back until Spring. I said "is it P45", no, she has a gift for me. Also lovely fluffy pjs and dressing gown I ordered online arrived, happy out.

Landlord texted to say washing machine fixed. Still have to drop nearly a tonne to replace my charger, replace my ruined slippers... Could have been worse :D

TH I get to go home at some stage and have a hot shower and into a clean robe :)

Simple, simple life..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

With all my vouchers saved all year and the girl on the till telling me to grab a few Mirrors for the vouchers in them, I got almost €200 Christmas shopping for €70. The closest I have come to wetting myself with excitement in a long time:)
    I just spotted a woodlouse crawling on the wood I put into the fire and rescued it.
    I feel epic today!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Was thinking to myself I need a scarf. Tis cold out there

Won't be home this Christmas due to emigration and today I got a parcel from the Mammy. A lovely "cashmink" scarf. I don't know what cashmink is but it's exactly what I wanted for the office. Not a big football scarf, I wanted something stylish to go with a suit

Irish mammys know everything :eek:

• Advertisement

Meeting my dad and my bestie and another mutual friend for a Christmas lunch tomorrow at work. Looking forward to it :)

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    I just spotted a woodlouse crawling on the wood I put into the fire and rescued it.

:):):):):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 346 ✭✭TheFortField

I’m writing my Christmas cards and wrapping my presents tonight. I’ve a big roaring fire on and I’m half watching an old B&W movie. I couldn’t be happier :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Posted my Christmas cards before the last day of posting this year
    This adulting is easy!

With all my vouchers saved all year and the girl on the till telling me to grab a few Mirrors for the vouchers in them, I got almost €200 Christmas shopping for €70. The closest I have come to wetting myself with excitement in a long time:)
    I feel epic today!!

I rescue woodlouse/louses/lice from the firewood and set them free on the floor. It drives the cat nuts.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

madmaggie wrote: »
    I rescue woodlouse/louses/lice from the firewood and set them free on the floor. It drives the cat nuts.

Do they try and catch them :3?

• Advertisement

Poor ould cat is nearly 19, so couldn't catch even a woodlouse. It makes me TH to see her try!

My New Years Resolution?
    Enjoy my thirties! 😜

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Try_harder wrote: »
    My New Years Resolution?
    Enjoy my thirties! 😜

Enjoy every second as they go by in a flash. Fado, fado, when I was 30.........:)

TH that the school Christmas holidays are almost here and will be a welcome break from nagging / losing my mind/trying to get out on time in the mornings

Enjoy every second as they go by in a flash. Fado, fado, when I was 30.........:)

TH that the school Christmas holidays are almost here and will be a welcome break from nagging / losing my mind/trying to get out on time in the mornings

I only have 12.5 months left lol

Bye Maureen

• Advertisement

The shed is bulging with over 500Kg of coal and 100Kg of slack.

The shed is bulging with over 500Kg of coal and 100Kg of slack.

Janey! :eek: How naughty have you been, Sasha Thoughtless Bayou? Santa even got an early delivery for you... you must have been off the scale bold!

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

That it's only a week to Christmas

New Home wrote: »
    Janey! :eek: How naughty have you been, Srameen? Santa even got an early delivery for you... you must have been off the scale bold!

If that's the wages for being naughty, bring it on!
    🎅 🌨. 😈

It's a nice feeling to know the fuel, between oil and coal, is sorted for the next couple of months no matter what the weather throws at us.

New Home wrote: »
    J you must have been off the scale bold!

Like yourself homeo :3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

My belly is bursting with happiness at the food I shoved in to it.
    But I look pregnant.

I can't help it. My boss/crush is crushing on me so bad. I know it's wrong but it feel so right. He cheered me up after the sh*tshow that should have been lunch.

northgirl wrote: »
    I can't help it. My boss/crush is crushing on me so bad. I know it's wrong but it feel so right. He cheered me up after the sh*tshow that should have been lunch.

Stay far away ng. Getting involved with your boss is never a good idea.

My TH is a Butlers hot chocolate :)

My 2019 to do list so far (update):
    New Job 🏢
    Stay in my thirties 😝
    Heineken Champions Cup 🏉
    Santander 🇪🇸
    Guinness 6 Nations 🏉
    Arsenal game in Minsk ⚽️ 🇺🇦
    Fleetwood Mac ⛓
    P!nk 💪🏻
    RWC 2019 Japan 🇯🇵
    Cher 💃

Im going to Minsk!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

More grateful than happy. My mum's car failed the NCT so she brought it to the mechanic. When he was driving it, the brakes failed and he crashed into someone's garden. No one was hurt and no damage done. I'm so glad she doesn't have work this week because if they had failed on her commute it could have been so much worse.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement