Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MLB 2017 Playoff Thread

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Fair play to the Astros.. Well deserved over the 7 games.. We've been spoiled this year in terms of quality so roll on the drama of the off season

Just a quick "Well done" to everyone in the thread.
    I only found the Baseball forum on here this season, so for the first time, I've had somewhere to throw down my thoughts, as I dont have any Baseball supporting friends.
    It's been a pleasure reading through this and the other thread for the season.
    Hopefully, I might even get to take part in the Fantasy Baseball league next season :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I know the WS just ended but never too early to have an off season thread going so one can be found here

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057804378

Coeus wrote: »
    And they also got the series MVP for the cover story! It was an easy choice in the end...

Interview with the SI author of that story on Off The Ball on Newstalk tonight

And he picked Astros to win again next year and the Yankees in 2020 (no mention of 2019 though).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

Interview with the SI author of that story on Off The Ball on Newstalk tonight

And he picked Astros to win again next year and the Yankees in 2020 (no mention of 2019 though).
    I'll have to catch up with that interview.

Yea, I like the Astros for next year. They will pretty much have the same team and don't really have to do too much in the off season...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Yea, I like the Astros for next year. They will pretty much have the same team and don't really have to do too much in the off season...

Will they still have Verlander next year? I think it's pretty safe to say they wouldn't have won it without him.

They have him for the next 2 seasons

Repeating’s tough though and baseball is so random, especially the playoffs. I think we all had the Cubs repeating this time last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

Repeating’s tough though and baseball is so random, especially the playoffs. I think we all had the Cubs repeating this time last year.
    True but I always thought the Cubs were going to have a world series hangover this season. Who knows with the Astros but they will be there or there abouts over the next few seasons...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭circular flexing

They have him for the next 2 seasons

Yes I know they control his rights, the question was more will they trade him for prospects. I was under the impression that he was a rental.

• Advertisement

Yes I know they control his rights, the question was more will they trade him for prospects. I was under the impression that he was a rental.

Sorry, I get you now.. I'd hold onto him

Advertisement