Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BANDSCAN THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Max Power 2010

SWR meter wrote: »
    No its the listener stream, the other stream has zero listeners so presume that was used for the link

Would the RX not be the 1 listener?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭radioguru02

Would the RX not be the 1 listener?

I would think so

• Registered Users Posts: 5,871 ✭✭✭JDxtra

In Dublin today, Chill FM on and sounding good on 87.6 and Fresh FM relaying 'Dance One Radio' on 99.4. Chill doesn't fully cover the city and is it's not a full time FM station, but it's a nice addition. Now FM on 88.1 as normal but there was no audio when I checked.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Sunnyboy10

JDxtra wrote: »
    In Dublin today, Chill FM on and sounding good on 87.6 and Fresh FM relaying 'Dance One Radio' on 99.4. Chill doesn't fully cover the city and is it's not a full time FM station, but it's a nice addition. Now FM on 88.1 as normal but there was no audio when I checked.

On west side of the city cannot pick up Chill fm, Now fm carrier on but no audio,and 99.4 on with very poor signal and over modulated audio

• Registered Users Posts: 5,999 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

[HTML][/HTML]

Chill FM can never be picked up around Dundrum or Ballinteer or further south-east. However, I have it picked up barely around Nutgrove in the past!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,624 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Sunnyboy10 wrote: »

On west side of the city cannot pick up Chill fm, Now fm carrier on but no audio,and 99.4 on with very poor signal and over modulated audio
    99.4 is not over modulated ....if anything it's under modulated.

Chills signal is primarily South West Dublin and is clearest in Tallaght, Lucan,Clondalkin etc

In the current climate Now may be the next to switch off for maintenance. ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Anyone know what the DL is with Traxs are they coming back?

Infoanon wrote: »
    Today FM have appeared in Dublin on 97.3 FM

Good signal across the South West - 97.3 is a Dublin City frequency.

Official or unofficial relay ? ,audio is RTE managed sites standard ie not 101.8 !

Confirmed - this is official and is used to cover a black spot around Stepaside/Kiltiernan.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,988 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

presumably that is the end of 97.3 being available for temps now?

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

Confirmed - this is official and is used to cover a black spot around Stepaside/Kiltiernan.

Although in saying that, you can't get much closer to Three Rock - so quite how there is a blackspot there I don't know. I wonder where the site is and if this opens up the window for other operators to say they have blackspots as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭kazoo106

Complete and utter nonsense - even more nonsense than the five wastes of electricity in Balrothery

• Registered Users Posts: 5,999 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

On Wednesday 13th March (two days ago), I was driving southbound on the M9 and I picked up Redrock (its RDS) around the general Carlow area. This was about 3pm or so and it was playing Irish Country & Western, if memory serves me right. I can't be sure about the frequency but it could have been 106.0. What I remember clearly though was that the signal was very strong. I picked it up a few miles later when I did a bandscan. It seems to have a decent range.

On Wednesday 13th March (two days ago), I was driving southbound on the M9 and I picked up Redrock (its RDS) around the general Carlow area. This was about 3pm or so and it was playing Irish Country & Western, if memory serves me right. I can't be sure about the frequency but it could have been 106.0. What I remember clearly though was that the signal was very strong. I picked it up a few miles later when I did a bandscan. It seems to have a decent range.

Redrock Radio 106FM, yeah they have a decent range

• Registered Users Posts: 12 mrdhr

Afternoon all - Deep House Radio - DHR - 5yrs old this weekend. Any internet radio thread or is it this one only ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭Antenna

Could be another pirate on 1476 kHz. Non stop Oldies, no announcements. Can be heard on the Carlow and Kilkenny SDRs, less well on a couple of receivers in England..

Its not a pirate, 1476 is from central England, a station called 'Carillon Wellbeing Radio' from West Leicestershire which has appeared on that frequency in recent months. With nothing much else on that channel so has been heard by DXers over a large area at night.

https://carillonradio.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 20,572 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Antenna wrote: »
    Its not a pirate, 1476 is from central England, a station called 'Carillon Wellbeing Radio' from West Leicestershire which has appeared on that frequency in recent months. With nothing much else on that channel so has been heard by DXers over a large area at night.

https://carillonradio.com/

Yes, I posted that on a thread in the Hobby Radio forum. But the transmitter is listed as only 250 watts, and I have heard it very strong in Dundalk, and on the SDR's in Ireland. The 250 watts must be a mistake, but I don't see why they would use high power to cover their target area.

https://www.mwlist.org/mwlist_quick_and_easy.php?area=1&kHz=1476

According to their FB, Galaxy Kildare are coming back on and looking for jocks. Testing online ATM

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Rock Solid

Hot Fm back on air since around 2pm today signal seems stronger southside of Dublin good audio, maybe a different tx site ?

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭kazoo106

250W - why not ? 1521 from the Wirral is only 19w yet clearly audible along the east coast of Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Dublins anorak

Rock Solid wrote: »
    Hot Fm back on air since around 2pm today signal seems stronger southside of Dublin good audio, maybe a different tx site ?

Back since Saturday evening sounds to be a different site better and worse in places

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

Any idea what happened our friends on trax Dublin,They have been missing for a while now

• Registered Users Posts: 15 str2011

hot was off this morning 91.fm Did anyone see his video on Facebook, on, Patrick's Day wearing the Patrick's day badge who actually wants to listen to an English accent giving out free holidays no no

• Registered Users Posts: 15 str2011

What do people see in Frank Kennedy, I was told that he is trying to put a transmitter in Kilkenny Waterford

str2011 wrote: »
    What do people see in Frank Kennedy, I was told that he is trying to put a transmitter in Kilkenny Waterford

I’d be happy with that! Scammer or not Waterford needs an all dance station

• Registered Users Posts: 6,757 ✭✭✭DopeTech

I’d be happy with that! Scammer or not Waterford needs an all dance station

As long as it's the one from Dublin he's moving then I'm happy. If he's looking to add a 2nd then I hope he gets raided quicker than he can say choonage.

Hot FM seemed to be intermittent since they came on this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Sunnyboy10

castle2012 wrote: »
    Any idea what happened our friends on trax Dublin,They have been missing for a while now

I have not heard Trax for a number of weeks now. What’s left on from the pirates I’m trying to understand without any joy all you will hear is those deplorable so called dance stations on and off no continuity no signal and audio quality,all leaves a lot to be desired. One station is a one man band with no understanding for broadcasting just sheer rubbish ( I’m referring to dance 1 fresh fm or San Francisco radio or what ever it’s called ) Hot fm well what can I say just muck muck and more muck sheer b......t. I will give NowFM a little credit a good signal and audio but sadly lack continuity with live jocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭Antenna

kazoo106 wrote: »
    250W - why not ? 1521 from the Wirral is only 19w yet clearly audible along the east coast of Ireland

Its listed as being 70W, not 19W. Also the actual transmitter would be running a few hundred watts output calculated to achieve 70 W radiated as the low height aerial they have would be 'inefficient'.

Some pictures of an earlier, 'low cost' looking installation of this station Flame 1521kHz before they moved to a better location :
    http://www.conceptnews.org/flame/

And across saltwater is a lot better than across land for those frequencies so it wouldn't be difficult to hear on the northeast coast of Ireland with seapath all the way to Liverpool area.

Hot FM’s stream quality is pretty inferior

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭80s Synth Pop

any word on Phever and Trax coming back to FM? They are working fine on tunein (Alexa). Just nothing on FM in the car.

Advertisement