Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BANDSCAN THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭radioguru02

I presume this is the same RetroNow that used to be on 105.7 around west Dublin and that I managed to pick up on one occasion in that area this year!

Yeah that one

• Registered Users Posts: 4,624 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Retro Now 107.1FM blank carrier now back on the air after going off the air on Wednesday (TX had been a blank carrier since Tuesday with the RDS removed later).

Energy AM made a brief appearance on the air on Wednesday morning on 1395 AM.

The Beach have been on the air 24hrs a day over the last few days on 105.7 - reception strongest in the South East and City Centre though 'weak' at best (ie not audible on a standard radio)

That’s it then, no dance pirates worth listening to in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 28,988 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

is phever not back on fm then?

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

is phever not back on fm then?

Don’t think so, if they are they’re prob on very low power

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 MrPops

COMREG jeep seen in Saggart this morning . Something brewing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Traxs sounds great via the TV!

I will miss the FM, but still glad it's there :pac:

For folks that don't know.. Click below :D

http://www.traxdublin.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,871 ✭✭✭JDxtra

TallGlass wrote: »
    Traxs sounds great via the TV!

I will miss the FM, but still glad it's there :pac:

For folks that don't know.. Click below :D

http://www.traxdublin.com/

TuneIn is a great radio resource as once a station like Trax or Phever is listed on it there are so many other listening options.

Many TVs have a native TuneIn app available, the mobile app can also cast the audio to any smart speakers, Chomecasts etc. I've a bunch of Sonos speakers and TuneIn works great here also from the Sonos app. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Sunnyboy10

JDxtra wrote: »
    TuneIn is a great radio resource as once a station like Trax or Phever is listed on it there are so many other listening options.

Many TVs have a native TuneIn app available, the mobile app can also cast the audio to any smart speakers, Chomecasts etc. I've a bunch of Sonos speakers and TuneIn works great here also from the Sonos app. :cool:

Tunein is a great app I use it myself excellent quality but unfortunately there are still a lot of people who use fm receivers. Online radio is great but the take up for it is still a few years away so fm goes on until then. I believe fm will die within the next 5 to 10 years and we all have the pleasure to listen to online super quality radio at that stage . As I said many times the fm here from some of the unlicensed stations leave a lot to be desired, if you cannot put on a good quality signal and audio your just wasting your time you might as well put on the the radio in your sitting room listening alone, because nobody in the real world will accept the rubbish that is been dished out by 90% of those horrible dance stations. One station is getting ready to launch where is he Cape Canaveral going to the moon oh dear oh dear, and yes another one who think they have thousands of listeners you could count the amount of listeners they have on one finger all just a waste of space and time, thankfully online radio is there so people have a great choice to listen to.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 80sgroover

Thank goodness for online radio, I can get my fix of 80s memories sitting on the bus on my way to work and college. WiFi is great on the buses! My phone doesn't have a radio and I don't miss it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 ODTR

MrPops wrote: »
    COMREG jeep seen in Saggart this morning . Something brewing

This and similar previous posts are nothing more than scaremongering. We are in a period of light touch enforcement. It's not because Comreg don't care it's just that their resources are stretched. It takes time and effort to gather enough evidence to justify the granting of warrant for the purposes of a raid. They will only have the capacity to act upon those illegal broadcasts that are the subject of serious complaints.

That may change in the months ahead but based on the last few years this has been the scenario.

Any NI heads here picked up The River on 104.2FM? Broadcasting from Derry afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭kazoo106

Certainly wasn't there in Lifford / Strabane yesterday, although, I have previously heard it in Monaghan - Audio then was very flat

The pirate radio scene in Dublin at least is dismal. Nothing with any spark or appeal right now with only three full time stations.

Hot FM
    Good signal and audio quality for the most part. Questionable frequency. Some OK but some very unprofessional presenters. Low numbers of live shows. Playout system basic/crude. Terrible imaging and adverts. Consistent music style but some tracks often repeated. Poor internet stream. Station appeals to a certain demographic and seems to have a reasonable following. Nostalgia factor helps.
    5/10

Now FM
    Good signal. Audio quality on FM is mostly acceptable. Subject to transmission breaks. Low number of live shows. Some good presenters but also some unprofessional. Amateur DJ mixes often played. Poor internet stream. Repetitive adverts. Music style can be random. Good online presence. Seems somewhat soulless and struggling to gain momentum.
    5/10

Fresh FM
    Below average FM signal and poor audio quality. Has been testing for many months at least. Annoying RDS. No known internet stream or online presence. Limited imaging. Variable music style.
    3/10

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Sunnyboy10

ODTR wrote: »
    The pirate radio scene in Dublin at least is dismal. Nothing with any spark or appeal right now with only three full time stations.

Hot FM
    Good signal and audio quality for the most part. Questionable frequency. Some OK but some very unprofessional presenters. Low numbers of live shows. Playout system basic/crude. Terrible imaging and adverts. Consistent music style but some tracks often repeated. Poor internet stream. Station appeals to a certain demographic and seems to have a reasonable following. Nostalgia factor helps.
    5/10

Now FM
    Good signal. Audio quality on FM is mostly acceptable. Subject to transmission breaks. Low number of live shows. Some good presenters but also some unprofessional. Amateur DJ mixes often played. Poor internet stream. Repetitive adverts. Music style can be random. Good online presence. Seems somewhat soulless and struggling to gain momentum.
    5/10

Fresh FM
    Below average FM signal and poor audio quality. Has been testing for many months at least. Annoying RDS. No known internet stream or online presence. Limited imaging. Variable music style.
    3/10
    Would fully agree with your comment’s I will reiterate what I commented on a few days ago almost all those dance pirates are living in cuckoo land with the rubbish they are dishing out, a waste of time Fred Flintstone would do a better job, pull the plug out guys

• Registered Users Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭VonLuck

Fresh FM
    3/10

Fresh FM is pretty much Dance One Radio and they have a live stream on their website. They actually have a great selection of music and don't find it repetitive at all. No DJ's which is a plus for me. Also no ads at all.

Very harsh rating!

VonLuck wrote: »
    Fresh FM is pretty much Dance One Radio and they have a live stream on their website. They actually have a great selection of music and don't find it repetitive at all. No DJ's which is a plus for me. Also no ads at all.

Very harsh rating!

You are praising Dance One Radio. The relay of this by Fresh FM is finished. My rating is more than fair based on current output and transmission of Fresh FM.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭VonLuck

You are praising Dance One Radio. The relay of this by Fresh FM is finished. My rating is more than fair based on current output and transmission of Fresh FM.

Has it? I didn't realise. I discovered Dance One Radio through Fresh FM and have been listening to their online stream since.

The pirate radio scene in Dublin at least is dismal. Nothing with any spark or appeal right now with only three full time stations.jB]

The flaw in such an analysis rating include - Signal quality is dependent on location eg Fresh FM is stronger in many parts than
    - Audio quality - compared to? No pirate is going to use an optimod, Fresh FM is clear but lacking any form of processing ,Now FM is processed to the max which creates problems inthe peripherals.

We are lucky to have 3 full time pirates - we could easily have none ! This is 2019 not 2003 and any pirate that comes on the air wanting to make a pirate shall be closed fairly swiftly...

• Registered Users Posts: 3 80sgroover

ALL80s on 101.2 since yesterday. Great to hear some gems from my favourite decade on the radio!

• Advertisement

Infoanon wrote: »
    The flaw in such an analysis rating include - Signal quality is dependent on location eg Fresh FM is stronger in many parts than
    - Audio quality - compared to? No pirate is going to use an optimod, Fresh FM is clear but lacking any form of processing ,Now FM is processed to the max which creates problems inthe peripherals.

We are lucky to have 3 full time pirates - we could easily have none ! This is 2019 not 2003 and any pirate that comes on the air wanting to make a pirate shall be closed fairly swiftly...

Still Now are just Spin1038 and every other youth stations dance playlists

• Registered Users Posts: 28,988 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Still Now are just Spin1038 and every other youth stations dance playlists

there will be some cross over tracks yes but generally most tracks played on there i have not heard on the legals.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

Additional stations on air at 7pm in Dublin :

107.1 Retronow - good signal in Dublin SW and City Centre
    91.9 Blank carrier (assume Retro Radio)
    94.3 A relay of RnaG (!) Good signal in Dublin SW ,no RDS

If it’s RnaG then it could be official to block pirates

If it’s RnaG then it could be official to block pirates
    Gone now - fairly sure it wasn't official, a few seconds behind the RnaG FM, audio not as good,signal strongest in the south west etc

Unusual - 94.3 is rarely used by pirates given that most temps are allocated 94.3 or 105.2

Infoanon wrote: »
    Gone now - fairly sure it wasn't official, a few seconds behind the RnaG FM, audio not as good,signal strongest in the south west etc

Unusual - 94.3 is rarely used by pirates given that most temps are allocated 94.3 or 105.2
    Agree, definitely not official. Not a great idea to do either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭StreetLight

All 80s being relayed on 98.9 around the Liffey Valley area.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,348 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

There's a fine line between brave and stupid.

That's far too close to 98.7 from Kippure.

marno21 wrote: »
    There's a fine line between brave and stupid.

That's far too close to 98.7 from Kippure.
    It's been on air for many months if not years - it's a low power relay - also home of the #1 station relay afaik

94.3 is now back on the air and programming from Retro back on 91.9

• Advertisement

See the other thread titled 'DAB in Cork' - looks like a pirate DAB+ multiplex has been setup in Cork. Any one down that way share any more details?

Eirdab have their own multiplex down there (channel 11A), so they won't be pleased. But I imagine it's the ridiculous BAI complexity and costs that are limiting take-up of their DAB service.

Advertisement