Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newstalk: 'Lunchtime Live' with Andrea Gilligan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,396 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Thought the interview with the french producer of the Netflix Sophie Toscan du Plantier doc was terrible.

The guy was very emotional and then wouldn’t really answer any questions. The “sign off” was awkward too, Andrea called it a podcast. It seemed, to me, like she just wanted it over.

She can generally handle herself well on pure political and economic items but on nearly everything else she is lost at sea and has near to no ability to freestyle with guests if it veers off track or goes of script. She either asks stupid questions, repeats the guests points or goes quiet.

I generally either tune out to listen to music or switch station but sometimes I'll tune in blind hope that it'll be better. It rarely is.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Mr.CoolGuy

She can generally handle herself well on pure political and economic items but on nearly everything else she is lost at sea and has near to no ability to freestyle with guests if it veers off track or goes of script. She either asks stupid questions, repeats the guests points or goes quiet.

I generally either tune out to listen to music or switch station but sometimes I'll tune in blind hope that it'll be better. It rarely is.

Haha this is so true.

Caller: "Andrea this particular situation caused me to lose my job and my husband and my legs and arms fell off and I went into a terrible depression"

Andrea: "........ And how did that make you feel?"

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

After much hyping of the Cocaine item it turns out to be a damp squib and the former druggie should have used a voice changing machine to make himself understood. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

More crap from some legal eagle (?)woman who claims to have no connection with Gardai kicking up over new Gardai rules on haircutting, tattoos etc. As usual Andrea is clueless but thinks Gardai should be able to have green hair and wear t-shirts. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,842 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

If you're stupid enough to get an obvious neck or face tattoo and surprised you cant get a job in a public facing role that isn't a hipster cafe or a tattoo parlour well that's on you.

• Advertisement

Mary sounds like fantastic craic.

Oh my God this lad is so aggressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭Indestructable

Serious crank alright

James go have a lie down for yourself.

Andrea is not the person for this segment.

• Advertisement

This lad 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭timmy2772

She is an absolute pain in the hole is Gilligan

• Registered Users Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Newstalk is muck

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Gilligan is out of her depth. Wouldn't put her on a regional talkshow

Interesting. The last thing I wanted to do was traipse around having photos taken but I knew I'd regret it if I didn't. I had no more interest on the day in them.

A poor man's Joe Duffy, dial a whingebag radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,563 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

‘So you took pictures in the park for your wedding and no one said anything? Nothing at all? Oh…sounds like you had a lovely day’

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

So if you don't have Covid but have something else you should still isolate?

Our venue had its own 'grounds' so plenty of photo opportunities. I was ready for bed at 3pm though. Wet grass, ridiculous dress, bouquet bigger than me head, barriers to comfort Emmet. There's definitely a market for 'bridal tracksuits'.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,563 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Sorry, I was referring to that “segment” where they had a bride on who’d taken pictures in the park but had no issue with it. Not what Andrea et al were looking for.

I’m sure your photos are great. A professional photographer is essential, even though it can go on a bit too long when you just want to get back to the party.

Might I suggest a comfortable, yet fancy, trainer to go with the tracksuit “idea”? The feet can take an awful hammering is the formal wedding shoes.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Amusing listening to the show earlier today, discussing the problem of tinkers trespassing on farms , suffice to say this wasn't highlighted

Ha, yes. Just random people who happen to barge through hedges with dogs, hop over gates into private yards, etc.

Sit down dear. Have a cup of tea

It's the deer man.

Oh that Limerick we're all cruel to animals campaigner.

He must be fierce craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,885 ✭✭✭Gusser09

If Pat Kenny has done the Covid scare mongering to death than Andrea shouldn't follow up with more Covid chat. Give it a rest.

Head to head with John from Cork, clash of the whingebag titans.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,371 ✭✭✭leath_dub

FAO Alan Hughes: Pantos are not that important

• Advertisement

Bobby there is no dodging Covid.

Advertisement