Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newstalk: 'Lunchtime Live' with Andrea Gilligan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,334 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

When did AK take over this slot, stopped listening to this slot with all the whinging

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

fritzelly wrote: »
    When did AK take over this slot, stopped listening to this slot with all the whinging

Hes only in covering for this week, so from Monday.

I wonder is Andrea listening in, and starting to worry a little :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,334 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

She should be, he's far better

It would be great if he picked his own topics. Just switched over to Niall.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

I doubt it, she’s not great but he is a complete shock jock. New low for newstalk, but with him being in 98fm he could well get a gig. Jesus wept.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,605 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Ah, but sure isn’t it great to have a man whinging, instead of a woman, all the same.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

I haven't listened to that much of Lunchtime Live for months so for me it's definitely better but seriously there are some proper crack pots calling in today.

I love this bonkers stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 6,512 ✭✭✭leath_dub

I love this bonkers stuff

Getting into real "Late Night Live" territory now

leath_dub wrote: »

I much prefer listening to Adrian over Andrea though. I don't even think it's the content that's different more the delivery. Whatever 'it' is Adrian has it.

• Advertisement

The level of "crazy" has gone through the roof now!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,741 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I was just thinking that - he's basically turned it into his normal talk show format.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭vince

Be great if he stayed and Mark Cagney for drive and id return to NT

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

vince wrote: »
    Be great if he stayed and Mark Cagney for drive and id return to NT

And I’d never tune in again

And I’d never tune in again

a zero sum game, so :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,879 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Why, when I turned on Newstalk just now, was I unable to tune out an old FM104 phone show episode? What's going on?

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Why, when I turned on Newstalk just now, was I unable to tune out an old FM104 phone show episode? What's going on?

It's been morphing into that as the week went on. God knows what direction it might take if Adrian Kennedy was on for an extended period.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,519 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

It's been morphing into that as the week went on. God knows what direction it might take if Adrian Kennedy was on for an extended period.

It's still the same production team though who control the program, format schedule and callers so outside of the 'presenter' side of it, it would have been the same if Andrea had been there this week. Minus all of the listeners who'd rather listen to white noise.

It was a nice week though while it lasted!

Who decided he should be on there at all?

Next thing we know, Niall Boylan will be anchoring Morning Ireland.

Madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭jimwallace197

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Who decided he should be on there at all?

Next thing we know, Niall Boylan will be anchoring Morning Ireland.

Madness.

Considering the scutter thats currently on morning ireland, would that be so bad?

Its not like Andrea Gilligan is any great shakes herself either.

• Advertisement

Considering the scutter thats currently on morning ireland, would that be so bad?

Its not like Andrea Gilligan is any great shakes herself either.

She is dispassionate. Kennedy can't help himself.

Would Niall Boylan be any worse than the broadcasters on the most successful programme in Irish radio history, with almost half a million daily listeners?

Niall Boylan doesn't release his JNLR figures. Adrian Kennedy and his friend had about 30,000. Boylan probably gets fewer.

Yes, it would be a disaster.

They are not to the taste of most listeners.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭jimwallace197

Would Niall Boylan be any worse than the broadcasters on the most successful programme in Irish radio history, with almost half a million daily listeners?

Niall Boylan doesn't release his JNLR figures. Adrian Kennedy and his friend had about 30,000. Boylan probably gets fewer.

Easy to have those figures when you are working for rte & newstalk. I'd imagine a large % of those listeners would tune in no matter who is behind the airways.

Only fair comparison would be how many tuned in this week for Kennedy in comparison to Gilligan. Id be surprised if there wasnt a surge

• Registered Users Posts: 15,405 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Fair play to Adrian he was very good earlier

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭plastic glass

I agree. Rte has some problems. Morning Ireland is the least of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,915 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Ah crap not Chu again..on yet another self publicity mission.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Irish Rail toilets....Lol. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Mr.CoolGuy

What makes hospitality workers the most important people in the world? When teachers etc were asked to work indoors unvaccinated they were called horrible things for voicing their concerns. Now that hospitality workers are asked to work indoors unvaccinated but in much safer conditions it is all of a sudden the worst thing ever.

Like it is safer now more than anytime in the last 18 months for them to work, yet people are acting like it's a massive risk for them if restaurants opened up to the unvaccinated. Is it just usual begrudgery about them potentially not being allowed in as a punter, so they're just inventing different problems to have a reason to complain?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,605 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Thought the interview with the french producer of the Netflix Sophie Toscan du Plantier doc was terrible.

The guy was very emotional and then wouldn’t really answer any questions. The “sign off” was awkward too, Andrea called it a podcast. It seemed, to me, like she just wanted it over.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Count Hairyfoot

Mr.CoolGuy wrote: »
    What makes hospitality workers the most important people in the world? When teachers etc were asked to work indoors unvaccinated they were called horrible things for voicing their concerns. Now that hospitality workers are asked to work indoors unvaccinated but in much safer conditions it is all of a sudden the worst thing ever.

Like it is safer now more than anytime in the last 18 months for them to work, yet people are acting like it's a massive risk for them if restaurants opened up to the unvaccinated. Is it just usual begrudgery about them potentially not being allowed in as a punter, so they're just inventing different problems to have a reason to complain?

Well Newstalk hates teachers - really any strongly unionized group so that explains that. But the rest is nothing to do with begrudgery. It's bitterly unfair. You're telling a group of probably mostly 18-30 year old's that they can now serve the generation that for a large part are screwing them on rent, house prices, healthcare costs etc but that they can't reap any of the social rewards themselves.

Advertisement