Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newstalk: 'Lunchtime Live' with Andrea Gilligan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,579 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

"Coming up...do TV soaps still play an important role in society?"

It's so inane I actually get cross with myself for acidentally leaving Newstalk on after Pat.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Mohat Mogeansai

I find a huge problem with her tone , strident harsh and shrill , like the management wants her to be a serious, hard hitting journalist , badgering politicians and interrogating spokespeople to keep Pat Kenny’s listeners . But instead she’s taking this approach taking about TV soaps and your favourite toothpaste and gender inequity in children’s socks. Sean moncrief does this sort of thing way better

• Registered Users Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭leath_dub

Spot on - I agree with all of that. Shockingly bad radio - the unnecessary pauses, the unexpected emphases (" I want to hear from YOU on whether brown shoes are better than roller blades") just top it all iff

Ah here , even when talking about the Culchie infested plowing, this show sounds like theyre talking about the disgraceful state of the latte from the converted horse box kiosk in the car pork of the crèche in foxrock

• Registered Users Posts: 15,747 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Not really proper traditional music, more like borrowing elements of trad and weaponising them for a political agenda. Low grade junk music for drunk people.

• Advertisement

Isn’t this the EP trying to be Glastonbury, rolling out some old timer like Lionel Ritchie or Rod Stewart , and all the kidz think it’s ironically unironic or post modern or something

• Registered Users Posts: 15,823 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

The Glastonbury Legends slot has become one of the highlights. Lionel Ritchie & Dolly Parton were some of the best sets every seen.

But the program has become a dumb version of Liveline.

A few weeks ago I made a big fuss and got the boss to change the radio station in the back office so I wouldn’t have to listen to the Liveline and Ray Darcy , and the constant death and cancer and misery

it found me

• Registered Users Posts: 11,982 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

When I'm on my own at work it's Newstalk for the day, apart from this show. It's so poor, the odd day I forget and hurriedly get to the dial to turn over.

omg, like her todally ‘mazing daaahder , like isn’t just given? a driving license

queue up like the rest of us missus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Mr.CoolGuy

Calling for everyone to re-sit the driving test is a clear sign of low IQ. People don't think before throwing out stupid opinions.

Imagine the consequences of this across all of society. If you owned a business, would you set up in Ireland if 10 or 20% of your employees could be rendered unemployable every year due to this nonsense policy? Imagine how wrecked the country would be if people's lives were suddenly completely wrecked because they forgot to exaggerate their head movements when checking their mirrors. This doesn't even touch the issue that it would completely overwhelm an already under pressure system, or that there is very little evidence that accidents are caused by an ignorance of rules as opposed to just ignoring them.

I feel like there is a cohort in society who just want to make life more difficult for everyone out of spite.

Death !

Misery!

Horror!

Great with the kidz

• Registered Users Posts: 10,527 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Mairead Ronan was “filling in” for Andrea today. Didn’t hear the whole show but she was very good.

To be honest, the show just works better when there are fewer “phone ins”, and Live Line imitating, and more guests and interviews.

The tide is turning…

Still fluff content, recycling other well-worn topics with the "how do you feel about" angle.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,389 ✭✭✭✭zell12

• Registered Users Posts: 10,527 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Yeah, I get that.

Still, I prefer presenters looking for texts on a topic than having to hear the opinions of the type of person who’d call into a radio show.

The tide is turning…

Discussing the Artane Band. City Council are asking them to change their name and uniforms.

Lord Mayor no longer a patron of the band

"trauma triggering" according to the snowflake City Councillor

Needless to say this has been sponsored by Mannix Flynn

They are the most gaudy looking band uniforms going. Circus and '50s fast food joint mashup.

When they used to wear shorts there was more than a hint of "Hitler Youth" about them

Still - nothing to do with DCC. None of their business

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,982 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

I’ve the mudder of hangovers today , these shrill D4 voices are cutting through me .

“I’m not at all comparing you Anthony Tate , but aren’t you the Irish Anthony Tate …..“

• Registered Users Posts: 11,291 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Isn’t it Anthony ???

Ah who cares anyway , we can just call all men “Bastard”

( them waz jokes , internet )

yak yak yak train yak sweets yak yak gaza yak portarlington yak yak cahersiveen

Dominatrix dungeon parties on Andrea on Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 11,291 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

To be fair, listening to Lunchtime Live is sadistic in itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,717 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Yes, I'm partial to the M in S&M

• Advertisement

hearing the endless queue of D4 woman prattle on about Trailor Nicked is enough cruel and unusual punishment for me .

Advertisement